TSB skill tiers are coming!

13Next

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Its going to be even more expensive to level skills now, from a bxp and cash perspective... cheaper to 20/20 players? 100% yes, but at the trade off that levelling bonus players every event will definitely start getting more expensive from a skills perspective, I think its time we increase loyalty boxes dont you @DFBB ?
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I love to nerd it up and have had talks with friends that I don't really know the direction that they will take. I've played other games where it's all about dps(damage per second). It appears that this game is headed towards a similar path, but it'll be rpg(runs per game) because the actual results will no longer be in doubt. I hope that isn't too confusing because for a majority of people, nothing changes. In fact, I think things like WoH will continue to get easier. For the group that prioritizes club points and maximizing runs, it'll be interesting...

tl;dr: 'winning' should be easier, 'competing' won't. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Competing is never easy unless you have deep pockets or spend the better part of the day playing. I personally like the skills changes because getting cash is way easier for me than loading up on pxp now and soon lxp. I don’t attempt or care to level every player, although it’s nice to be able to, I try to just focus on players I actually like. I agree with DK though. Loyalty boxes should increase. I’ve never really understood the restriction on them. These are things we earn by playing, spending, and leveling players. These aren’t “free”. We aren’t restricted on the amount of boxes we can buy in the store and we can spend out gold freely. 
    Loyalty boxes should increase. I’ve never really understood the restriction on them. 
    We had unlimited loyalty boxes(as well as gold in loyalty boxes)in ‘17, but guys abused it with GG. It’s also a way to control resources. 
    Well we should at-least see the bump to 60 boxes, last year it was suppose to go up to 75 and it never did. When you have 40+ bonus players a week, plus another 30+ on the weekend. Its pretty had to sustain cash.
    – The Great Houmy
    I do love the like skill changes, it will be much cheaper to 20/20 guys right now.  That said, give us a dam prime in WOH, make him a 380, the bump to 420 is coming this weekend, stop being so dam stingy.
    – The Great Houmy
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    DFBB said:
    One concern, since there is now a tier 3 (30/30) will Glu make WoH hero more difficult to compensate for higher skills and higher multipliers for less desirable skills?
    I was actually thinking about this too. I’m not sure what they will do, but even after xfactors were introduced, they didn’t adjust WoH. 
    I don’t think woh will be any harder because they (glu) realize the rewards are trash anyway. 
    I’m all about making it harder and if it takes me all day to beat it one time I’m happy with that as long as the reward is worth it. I miss building a team for the purpose of cycling woh 😕 
    Not sure what I’ve been building for the past couple years 🤔
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    It seems like the MO here is to essentially just keep widening the net. They want to accommodate all types of users, the guy who spends $2 or the guy who spends $500,000. The problem is they seemingly expect people to know that if they don't want to spend a lot of money, they have to stay bronze or silver and be happy with a roster of below-average players. That isn't written anywhere in bold print, so you have a lot of people trying to do things they can't, which leads to frustration and bitterness.  
  • MoenPOSMoenPOS Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    They want to accommodate all types of users, the guy who spends $2 or the guy who spends $500,000. The problem is they seemingly expect people to know that if they don't want to spend a lot of money, they have to stay bronze or silver and be happy with a roster of below-average players..  
    Below average players??? I’m not understanding the context here. Every week as a silver team, I add all the top players from the boxes and max them out. I guarantee you a platinum/diamond guy cannot afford to do that each week. Seems like there are plenty diamond teams that don’t have fully capped 400 rosters. So in essence, the average diamond player is more average-lb for lb, then that of a bronze/silver guy. 

So I guess anyone not diamond must be have a below average roster? 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited June 2021
    MoenPOS said:
    So I guess anyone not diamond must be have a below average roster? 

Where do you get enough gold to pull all the primes without daily d6 cycles?

If you're bronzer/silver, you have to pump money into the game to open boxes to get "all the top players from the boxes" as you said. 

It takes about 25k to 50k gold to pull a prime, depending on the box price and odds. And there are probably 20+ primes released every week. So where does a bronze/silver team get 500k to 1 million gold weekly to pull "all the top players from all the boxes" without spending a ton of real money?
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts

The reason I hate this new skills junk is that now Bxp is the new gold standard. As I’ve stated before, to take 3 Keeper bats from 8 to 15 requires over 1.5 mil of Bxp. Even capping Primes will cost a lot of Bxp. So to me, capping ANY Bxp player now results in wasting resources. I’ll be forced to trade in any Bxp player I get, which is not an ideal situation. Just not a fan of this whole thing. 

Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    without spending a ton of real money?
    This is where it is. You either have to spend your time (diamond) or your money (pretty much any other tier). I also couldn't agree more with the idea misconception that is diamond being for all. Bottom line is that there is no manual, your casual player sees the app and then chases diamond for the "free" gold not realizing/counting on the cost to not only get but maintain a quality diamond squad. 

The way I look at tiers: 

Bronze/Silver - Real money and luck on boxes
    Gold/Platinum - A little time, potentially less real money
    Diamond - No real money to CHASE players but more likely than not will need real money for other aspects (i.e. field pass) and a ton of time invested. 

@DFBB's tagline says "If you're not having fun, you're losing."

JTANDME said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    without spending a ton of real money?

@DFBB's tagline says "If you're not having fun, you're losing."

For me, it's a reminder that it's still a game; a source of trivial stress and more importantly, it's just a game. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    tshea510 said:

The reason I hate this new skills junk is that now Bxp is the new gold standard. As I’ve stated before, to take 3 Keeper bats from 8 to 15 requires over 1.5 mil of Bxp. Even capping Primes will cost a lot of Bxp. So to me, capping ANY Bxp player now results in wasting resources. I’ll be forced to trade in any Bxp player I get, which is not an ideal situation. Just not a fan of this whole thing. 

As a fellow Silverian, I came along the same line of thinking. It almost seems like it's more designed to force early levels upward. The main appeal for me at silver is I get to level most players I get (though many are very similar). Definitely can't do that now. This also coincides with what appears to be a Biblical level drought as far as acquiring players. 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    tshea510 said:

As a fellow Silverian, I came along the same line of thinking. It almost seems like it's more designed to force early levels upward. The main appeal for me at silver is I get to level most players I get (though many are very similar). Definitely can't do that now. This also coincides with what appears to be a Biblical level drought as far as acquiring players. 
    One "nice" thing for you guys in silver is skills aren't nearly as important/valuable. When a 1% increase in skill only adds 2 to your hit rating, I imagine it'll be a pretty easy for you guys to fade that when it costs, say 24k bxp (enough to cap 4 other players). I also assume that at silver woh, where small increases to hit rating could really matter, isn't really a mode you're playing much anyway. 
    Cooz19 said:
    tshea510 said:

One "nice" thing for you guys in silver is skills aren't nearly as important/valuable. When a 1% increase in skill only adds 2 to your hit rating, I imagine it'll be a pretty easy for you guys to fade that when it costs, say 24k bxp (enough to cap 4 other players). I also assume that at silver woh, where small increases to hit rating could really matter, isn't really a mode you're playing much anyway. 
    Shouldn’t assume too much. I’m playing WOH too much, even more now that resources are even more valuable. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I too would assume that in silver you would be slow playing the heck out of WOH for the resources... even if you can't clear the top level. 
    I slow play only when bored or when I’ve cleared and have bonus players to take advantage of. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    The resource run is ok. I hate slow-playing (this is for fun, after all). I can beat woh once or twice, usually more dependent on my availability. Skills definitely matter, whether it's logical or not. The game doesn't let you really run through it, but it's beatable if you know how to pick the right matchups (there are just some guys who dominate and some who don't). I like to win, so that's why I do it. 

The best value, in my opinion, is Payoff Pitch. I don't know the level of difficulty for anyone else, but I run trains through that. Rarely ever lose. I can cycle that five times in an hour, which can net 10k+ bxp. I did it 13 times last week when it was on all day. I try to autoplay through 8, so I'm spending a bit of gold for the sake of speed, but it adds up. 

I'm assuming that mode is about to get buffed way up though, which will drag the value way down, because it isn't a ton of resources or anything. Just an efficient way to build up.
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    Shouldn’t assume too much. I’m playing WOH too much, even more now that resources are even more valuable. 
    My bad. I was thinking with the way the rewards are set up, you're either going to clear it once or 10+ times (I thought this would be very rare at silver). For the clearing one time route I can't imagine +2 hit is going to matter a ton especially for anyone other than your top few guys.

That said, it's been a while since I played woh at silver, so I don't really know how it looks now. More power to you guys for tackling woh at silver, I don't think I have the patience for it like I used to lol.
    tshea510 said:

I think initially yes it will be an issue. Give it a month or 2 and bxp and pxp will I’ll be plentiful. You will be able to go higher because you won’t need to invest the gold or lxp to really get the skills higher. Just my opinion. Maybe I’m wrong but once we get though the initial implementation and the game gets deeper in and LXP is all the rage you should have plenty of all of it. 
    tshea510 said:

I think initially yes it will be an issue. Give it a month or 2 and bxp and pxp will I’ll be plentiful. You will be able to go higher because you won’t need to invest the gold or lxp to really get the skills higher. Just my opinion. Maybe I’m wrong but once we get though the initial implementation and the game gets deeper in and LXP is all the rage you should have plenty of all of it. 
    I know you said this same thing in another thread, so I have all of the utmost faith in your forecasting abilities. Now, if you could pass out some kind of patience potion, I could really use some of that. 😎
    tshea510 said:
    tshea510 said:

I know you said this same thing in another thread, so I have all of the utmost faith in your forecasting abilities. Now, if you could pass out some kind of patience potion, I could really use some of that. 😎
    I am the last person on the planet for that. I’m the guy who says I’m waiting for the vip gift to open boxes, then 5 min into event I’m 100k deep and rage quit. Patience is not my strong point. I have had. A slightly different approach recently though so maybe I’m getting better. 
    tshea510 said:

I believe it's that way for diamond guys, but I don't think much changes for lower tiers in terms of bxp. Lower tiers don't pound tourneys or power cycle woh(the two best ways to get 'free' bxp). Their repulls are also not an efficient source of bxp either.
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:

I believe it's that way for diamond guys, but I don't think much changes for lower tiers in terms of bxp. Lower tiers don't pound tourneys or power cycle woh(the two best ways to get 'free' bxp). Their repulls are also not an efficient source of bxp either.
    My holder was silver last year and I never worried about Xp at any point. I’d usually get a few guys per event from cvc etc. Maybe I’m wrong and it won’t work out, but as we’ve said, the game is designed for you to move to diamond. 
    edited June 2021
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:

My holder was silver last year and I never worried about Xp at any point. I’d usually get a few guys per event from cvc etc. Maybe I’m wrong and it won’t work out, but as we’ve said, the game is designed for you to move to diamond. 
    Agreed. Until now with this change. I just looked at my ‘19 team and have over 2.5 mil of Bxp gathering dust. Today, I’d only have 1mil after taking Keepers from 8 to 15. Gotta hand it to Glu, ingenious way to make this Xp more valuable and another money grab. No other way to look at it. I’ll look at my ‘20 later and get more depressed

*EDIT*.  My ‘20 team is sitting on almost 1.2 mil Bxp, not even enough by today’s standards to take Keepers anywhere. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I still have my keepers at 11 or 12 in skills they’re winning 80+% of their matchups (have 2 d10 hitter keepers).  Trying now to get evo together to cap ML then can focus on going through the rest of the exp for keeper skills.  And yes lots of WoH for bxp, 26 wins yesterday netted me a good 700-800k give or take.  I’ve quit the last two seasons in September/October because I fell too far behind this season I should have a fighting chance to stay in for longer as it’s much easier to only need a few premium players to keep up vs needing to fill the whole roster because I didn’t take advantage of those 3 players (keepers/ML).  They won’t be top tier but good enough.
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:

I just meant that bxp is already easy and bxp won't get easier in time. If lower tiers are having trouble with bxp now, I don't see it getting any easier unless they change their style of play. 
    DFBB said: 
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:

I just meant that bxp is already easy and bxp won't get easier in time. If lower tiers are having trouble with bxp now, I don't see it getting any easier unless they change their style of play. 
    Easy or not was never the issue. The issue is that Bxp has now become VERY important and is now the new Gold standard. Major change to the value, as in past years, not needed as badly as now with the skill costs change.
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:

Fair point. I forgot that they don’t need much to level their players, so I was thinking the change from bxp players to pxp players and lxp players would save more than. It actually does.