A vapid empty vessel is......

khuntkhunt Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
this game.

Where's the sense of accomplishment? Where's the sense of value? Where's the sense of progress? How about a sense of purpose?

I mean, is there a more inane, pointless activity than just senselessly bashing a thumb or forefinger on a touchscreen, like a programmed monkey? They at least get a 'reward' to encourage that behaviour but what do we get from this activity?

We get an endless array of boxes with all sorts of meaningless 'themes'. Players in sunglasses, players that are 24 years old, players that scratch their left nut before getting out of bed on Wednesday's, players that have a sister who had a friend once who's name began with the letter 'P' and on and on it goes. All in the search of those illustrious 'bonus' points that are required to make anything resembling even a dent in the scoring during tournaments worthwhile.

Players of which are useful for all of 3 days gameplay, that require 6-700 gold, 30-40k PXP/XP and 100 or so EVO to boost up to around a 200 rating and $190k to level off at around 4-5% boost, that is then rendered as all but worthless when the next theme begins. Oh, but you can trade them in?! Yeah, for a grand total of what must be around -90% of the PXP/XP total that you spent upgrading them... and forget the gold, cash and EVO you spent, because that's a total write off.

We get 'sets' that 'boost' your scores by way of a bonus. When I say 'sets', I mean a list of combinations that are longer than Santa's workshop orders at Christmas. You've got a better chance of winning division one in tattslotto than completing any of these sets that require, for example, 2x players that are listed as a 4/1000  chance and then another minimum of 1 player thats 200/1000. 20% chance I hear you say? How easy?!! Absolutely, until you remember that there's 5 other players in that 200/1000, rendering that 20% chance more like a 5% and under chance.

"But don't forget you can acquire PXP/XP by playing WOH and so forth, so stop your complaining and take advantage of it". 

Yeah, ok. Take advantage of what is nothing short of a literal poker machine with even worse rewards. You click play, the machine spins its hash code and the result is all but predetermined. There's no rhyme or reason to your success, or lack thereof. Same pitch, same swing at the exact same location of the previous ball that was a home run, is now a popout sent into low orbit space and landing back on the batters plate. Hey, if you can do what you did the ball previous, a mere 50 god damn times you'll receive a reward that has some actual value!! 50 times? Is that all? Sign me up.....until I give up after frustratingly just getting past the first 10 challenges for an all but useless $20k reward.

Anyway, I'll end my rant here because it's as worthless as hitting bonus game, enter, enter, enter, enter, enter, enter, enter, enter, enter, bonus game, enter,...etc etc. Ignore me, apologies to anyone that made it this far, apologies that the numbers aren't exact....but they're not far off. This is all just the opinion of your 'average' soon to be ex user of the game with a 80-90k team score in a top 20-30 club(48k gold spent over 2 weekend tournaments of which no more than 10% came by way of midweek rewards). None of the above applies to the 'DREAM' team players who pull in 15-20k gold...EACH, per week along with the many other rewards that enable them to turnover the team twice a week and heavily improve in order to do it day after day, week after week...half their luck!

Comments

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    About all I can add is I don’t think I’ve ever seen this many bonus player sets. I lost count on the combo of players. To me, it’s WAY overkill and I have zero interest. While I’m very pleased with some aspects, there are still those in charge that have gotten an even better aim at shooting themselves in the foot.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Dude your wasting your time on this game!  Delete it and start writing a book, just make sure I get a copy please!  BEST RANT EVER!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • khuntkhunt Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    whynot said:
    Dude your wasting your time on this game!  Delete it and start writing a book, just make sure I get a copy please!  BEST RANT EVER!
    Wanna know the worst thing mate? I was only warming up when I realised I'm 5 paragraphs deep and generally the internet's attention span only extends to around 128 character's, so I best shut the duck up.

Yeah, I'm an old fart because I remember when you'd spend $80-100AUD on an Amiga 5OO game that would provide you with literally hundreds of hours worth of game play. This glorified excuse for early touch screen malfunction of a 'game' requires $100 PER WEEK to merely compete at some kind of respectable level!!

For what exactly?! They could at least provide some form of R.S.I insurance for users when they go down with crippled finger tappers syndrome. Each to their own, but I'd rather piss that $100 away on some 5000-1 hail mary multibet across the sporting weekend and ride that rollercoaster of soul crushing defeats when the last leg, the one short priced fav you threw onto the ticket, gets rolled in final play of the game. Rather than cop the groundhog Day, double fisting, that this ea sports degenerate grubs dish out.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    It’s all sooooo true tho 👍🏻 Awesome rant 😎
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    I've opened Word and started typing a rant like that a couple times, always got too frustrated to continue.

Well done!
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    whynot said:
    I never thought I'd see a better rant than the good doc's but he has officially been past by this one. Kudos @khunt, job well done sir. Thoroughly enjoyed it!
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited July 2021
    I think if you don’t know the answers to the questions you posed in your first paragraph then it’s time to move on.   It’s a game at the end of the day.    I eventually reached that point where I was just playing because it was in my routine and I wasn’t actually having fun.   A game needs to be fun or else it’s not really a game 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    The game is designed for Diamond Players. Just the facts of it. The way WOH is setup and the box odds you can’t build a very good team via WOH you need to rely on box luck if you stay below diamond. Just how it is. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    @khunt, absolutely agree with ya. Well written and a solid expression of TSB.  Cheers
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    The game is designed for Diamond Players. Just the facts of it. The way WOH is setup and the box odds you can’t build a very good team via WOH you need to rely on box luck if you stay below diamond. Just how it is. 
    You forgot to mention autotappers in this reply btw 
    You forgot to mention autotappers in this reply btw 
    I mean obviously it makes the game way easier to navigate. Not having to play. While the mini games have probably slowed them it hasn’t stopped it, plus now they are limited to 2 playoffs a day. My point is, not being able to do 1-2 playoffs a day, plus event award, you’d need to drop 300-400 bucks just buying the gold to keep pace on boxes etc. 
    I would like to note though you are right about Bonus Sets. This has been my biggest issue with the game(it is in relation to box odds as well). It’s not longer ok to just get lucky with a pull and score points. You need to have multiple lucky pulls to even be relevant. But if you can get past not caring about event awards, they don’t matter. Problem is, the game is reliant on event awards. Maybe not specifically the gold and stuff but the level discount, box discount, multiplier etc 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Problem is, the game is reliant on event awards. Maybe not specifically the gold and stuff but the level discount, box discount, multiplier etc 

Same goes for field pass. The autoplay and leveling discount is a must if you want to do anything meaningful.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Problem is, the game is reliant on event awards. Maybe not specifically the gold and stuff but the level discount, box discount, multiplier etc 

Same goes for field pass. The autoplay and leveling discount is a must if you want to do anything meaningful.
    That’s essentially what did me in.    I didn’t think fun was worth essentially paying a twice a week subscription.   I did it far more then I wanted to in 20 and just couldn’t keep doing it anymore 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @Mattattack Yep, if you just buy the small & medium field pass twice a week, its essentially a car payment. I'd rather buy a car. (of course, I'm still playing and also still have a car, but I guess the point I'm making is still valid; its just my own fault I haven't quit yet)
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

This really is a solid rant.

I give it 5/5 Smartys

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service