WoH

ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
Will there eventually be prime players offered??? I wonder if they will carry bxp players when legends come out?? Maybe the XP is worth it? Trying to find a reason to get back into WoH my favorite event but it has been extremely hard for me too...
Prev134

Comments

• buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    GLU has done an excellent job of devaluing their most popular event.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Will there eventually be prime players offered??? I wonder if they will carry bxp players when legends come out?? Maybe the XP is worth it? Trying to find a reason to get back into WoH my favorite event but it has been extremely hard for me too...
    Bxp is extremely valuable to me right now, so the resources I get from it are worth it to me. Depending on the amount of time I have, the draft picks and the player generate a bit. But that’s the only value I see in WOH in its present form.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    buddydave said:
    GLU has done an excellent job of devaluing their most popular event.
    The sad reality is they are devaluing it because they know its popular. It’s why they put in rally and barrel house. They can keep capitalizing on its popularity, while not having to increase the reward for the main events. It sucks for sure, but it’s the reality.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    They just don’t want people building a solid team and stacking resources this way anymore. Why give it for “free” when people can pay for it. It’s truly a shame it was a great event. But at this point it feels like a punishment to play it. Maybe eventually they’ll add a worthy player but until then it will pretty much always be a day off for me. 

I know part of it is they want it to accessible and beatable for a majority of the players but if you can’t beat it now, you never will, and I thought that was why they made the tiered WOH anyway. Lower levels for those who struggle higher levels(better awards) for those who can. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    They just don’t want people building a solid team and stacking resources this way anymore. Why give it for “free” when people can pay for it. It’s truly a shame it was a great event. But at this point it feels like a punishment to play it. Maybe eventually they’ll add a worthy player but until then it will pretty much always be a day off for me. 

I know part of it is they want it to accessible and beatable for a majority of the players but if you can’t beat it now, you never will, and I thought that was why they made the tiered WOH anyway. Lower levels for those who struggle higher levels(better awards) for those who can. 
    yea this has more or less been a thing since 2019.   I think when legends first dropped in 2019 they were at the curve.   I can remember Mike Scioscia(grrr) and Rizzuto.   I think shortly after they were like 10 points behind the curve and it was never really the same since them.   So yeah the line was drawn a while ago and that's the direction the game has gone.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Hello, anybody seen any primes for WoH.... They have destroyed this mode....
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Yesterday was likely my curtain call for WoH, and with that, the rest of the game until something improves.

WoH is no longer fun or worth the time. Couple that with the game consistently crashing again, conveniently on the rounds 9 or 10, and you have a recipe for a horrible experience.

Let's also not forget the programmed cheating that happens at all levels. Having a blast yesterday, get to cycle two, rolling to 5.9....

Tie the game at 5, then put a man on 2nd with no outs. I promptly get nine and outed by Lemet. We go to extras. He nine and outs me again so I "lose". I use the video reboot, beat him, then the game crashes when I go to start 5.10.  Lost all progress. I try to get back to where I was, only to start losing auto sims at 5.3, 5.4, etc. You get the point.  Took me another 15 minutes to finish that cycle with the constant cheating and crashing.

Just a horrible experience now.  Even at diamond GLU manages to ruin it for you.

I haven't spent a dime in over a month and that streak will continue.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    If your having issues cycling WOH at diamond, your doing something wrong.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • RougherRougher Registered Users, Member 49 Posts
    WOH is my favorite part of the game, but it's hard to spend much time on it for the players being offered.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts

Yesterday was likely my curtain call for WoH, and with that, the rest of the game until something improves.

WoH is no longer fun or worth the time. Couple that with the game consistently crashing again, conveniently on the rounds 9 or 10, and you have a recipe for a horrible experience.

Let's also not forget the programmed cheating that happens at all levels. Having a blast yesterday, get to cycle two, rolling to 5.9....

Tie the game at 5, then put a man on 2nd with no outs. I promptly get nine and outed by Lemet. We go to extras. He nine and outs me again so I "lose". I use the video reboot, beat him, then the game crashes when I go to start 5.10.  Lost all progress. I try to get back to where I was, only to start losing auto sims at 5.3, 5.4, etc. You get the point.  Took me another 15 minutes to finish that cycle with the constant cheating and crashing.

Just a horrible experience now.  Even at diamond GLU manages to ruin it for you.

Did you cut and paste this from last year?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    whynot said:
    Or last week...or last month...etc.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts

If you are struggling with WOH now you don’t want them to add a prime and make it harder. I could probably beat WOH with my eyes closed right now. It’s just not worth the time or effort. I anticipate a prime soon, but I also think legends are coming within a month or so. 
    dkarski87 said:
    If your having issues cycling WOH at diamond, your doing something wrong.

That's the problem. Some cycles there are NO issues, while others are just programmed BS by GLU. It is beyond blatant how obvious it is at diamond. No, I'm not taking the time to record this garbage either. One cycle can take 20 minutes, but the next one will take an hour. Don't have time for that crap.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

whynot said:
    Or last week...or last month...etc.

Good luck finding me complaining about WoH in the past week. Past month, maybe. I went diamond over a month ago. Some days it is smooth and a breeze, while other days it is garbage over and over. A diamond team shouldn't lose auto sims on Levels 1-3 rounds 1-7. Just dumb. I can understand Level 5 here and there, but not 5.1, 5.2, etc.

Your probably not taking skills high enough, the pitchers in WOH haven't been changed in months. You can easily cycle with 360 guys, not even considering the prime players available now. Skills at 16/16 right now, make it even easier.  You definitely are doing something wrong in terms of how you approach WOH and your roster.
    – The Great Houmy
    The cycles aren't programmed, as its been pointed out so many times. Its all a numbers game, the higher your advantage is over the pitchers, the more favourable you are to win. Its a very simple formula.  Dont be so cheap on your player skills.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    Your probably not taking skills high enough, the pitchers in WOH haven't been changed in months. You can easily cycle with 360 guys, not even considering the prime players available now. Skills at 16/16 right now, make it even easier.  You definitely are doing something wrong in terms of how you approach WOH and your roster.
    Did you cut and paste this info from a post 2 years ago to the good doc?
    - Blueleopard
    dkarski87 said:
    The cycles aren't programmed, as its been pointed out so many times. Its all a numbers game, the higher your advantage is over the pitchers, the more favourable you are to win. Its a very simple formula.  Dont be so cheap on your player skills.

Jeez, I have the skills up. At the end of the day, RNG dictates the entire game. Sometimes you just get bad RNG. Like I said, yesterday to have cycle one take 20 minutes, then cycle two take nearly an hour is just stupid. No rhyme or reason to it. The reason it took longer is bc of crashing, losing auto sims that you do not consistently lose, and then the preprogrammed outs due to RNG.

Overall point of this rant is simple: until WoH puts up prizes and resources that are "worth it", there is no reason at all to commit to X number of cycles. Period. If I knew I could take my team and consistently cycle without shinanigans, that's another story. But alas, this is a game run by a crap company that relies on RNG for EVERYTHING. There isn't any skill involved other than spending money and pushing "auto sim" over and over. The skill games like WoH are bland and ultimately, rigged.

What kind of phone do you have?
    – The Great Houmy

Jeez, I have the skills up. At the end of the day, RNG dictates the entire game. Sometimes you just get bad RNG. Like I said, yesterday to have cycle one take 20 minutes, then cycle two take nearly an hour is just stupid. No rhyme or reason to it. The reason it took longer is bc of crashing, losing auto sims that you do not consistently lose, and then the preprogrammed outs due to RNG.

Overall point of this rant is simple: until WoH puts up prizes and resources that are "worth it", there is no reason at all to commit to X number of cycles. Period. If I knew I could take my team and consistently cycle without shinanigans, that's another story. But alas, this is a game run by a crap company that relies on RNG for EVERYTHING. There isn't any skill involved other than spending money and pushing "auto sim" over and over. The skill games like WoH are bland and ultimately, rigged.

I get what you're saying and I've been frustrated several times with bad RNG stretches in WOH (and to your point I haven't found it worth playing with the current prizes versus where my team is at now). To me, the "skill" aspect is putting together a lineup that frequently puts you in a good position to have RNG success, and to a much lesser extent, swinging late. 

That said, I'm curious what RNG alternatives you would suggest that would make for a better experience for us as players? I know a lot of games use RNG, but I don't know what else is out there that could be leveraged to introduce more skill.
  • toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    Most certainly this phone
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Rougher said:
    WOH is my favorite part of the game, but it's hard to spend much time on it for the players being offered.
    This was how I felt in 18 and most of 19 but since the start of 20 I dont think I ever felt this way again.

I suppose last year there were a couple weeks when they had lots of pennants in there and it was fun but then that novelty wore off.

Bottom line is I liked it hard where you felt good about beating it and the reward reflected that.   

But now its mainly about pushing you to diamond and power cycling.   I've long accepted that this is the new norm.  I've stayed gold this year and I barely touch WOH, I don't know how lower tier players still get up for this event.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    edited July 2021
    removed
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    What bugs me is that they realize auto tapping and other ways people are cheating is a problem, yet they promote the modes vulnerable to cheating while devaluing modes that can’t be cheated, or at least if they are it’s not as widespread. Instead they keep pushing bonus and tournaments, and then think adding picture matching will fix the shortcuts people have. They don’t, people just find another way and then regular folks get caught up in it. If they really wanted to cut down on it, make the modes like WOH, Payoff Pitch, and Slugfest worth more from a prize and even bonus points perspective. But they won’t and will just push people to the modes that encourage cheating. It doesn’t make sense, but clearly it makes cents, lots of cents.
    They did make progress by limiting the d cycle to 2 a day.  This has slowed the auto tappers big time and no doubt is a major issue in the current boycott.  I know I’m going to be flamed for this comment, and I’m sure some legit guys are being hurt by it, but frankly if your legitimately playing 2k games or more a day you need help!  PM me if so and I’ll stage an intervention for you
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:
    They did make progress by limiting the d cycle to 2 a day.  This has slowed the auto tappers big time and no doubt is a major issue in the current boycott.  I know I’m going to be flamed for this comment, and I’m sure some legit guys are being hurt by it, but frankly if your legitimately playing 2k games or more a day you need help!  PM me if so and I’ll stage an intervention for you
    I'm fine with the twice a day cap but it does have a minor impact on me as a "legit" player. Those who I've played with on here can vouch, I basically play really casually and accumulate resources for 4-6 week stretches (without buying FP or anything) then do a "buy" week/weekend where I buy small and medium FP and spend all my resources to maximize value (via repulls). I did one last week when I was on vacation (so tons of downtime) and there were two days that I had to hold up a bit prior to the 8est reset. I was still able to accumulate over 50K gold during that Mon-Thurs so it wasn't a big deal but just figured I'd share that it can impact no tappers in certain circumstances. 

If they ever changed it to one it would greatly decrease the value of my "buy" events. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    whynot said:
    With all due respect, if anyone needs an intervention, it's those that are overly concerned about how others spend their time/money. I can't fathom spending thousands upon thousands in tsb. I also can't fathom the same for ciggs, booze, tats, etc, etc. Yet, people do it….and who cares! It's not my money nor is it my time. 

I will say, for me, it’s very easy to play 2k games/day here and there. The ‘challenge’ is doing it every day for months on end. The biggest grinders I know don’t even do that.  

I’m hopeful that pxp will be reasonable through woh, but by that time, legends will take over as the ‘it’ thing. In that scenario, it won’t even matter because we’ll be right where we are now. Here’s hoping I’m dead wrong. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Well we are starting to see more and more pxp being thrown out into the game, via gifts and what not. Im guessing we 2-3 weeks away from Legends. Thats what usually happens, im just hoping they start giving lxp like they did last year.  And well said @DFBB to the above post. These newer phones, guys are able to play 1k games in about 3hrs, basically watch a movie and get a cycle in while you do it.
    – The Great Houmy
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Welp, time to look forward to Monday! Prime players as a reward and pxp cycle rewards will be updated. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Signs of progress, 380 or 400s? lol
    – The Great Houmy