Bonus games- ridiculous matchups

DETROITCITYCLUBDETROITCITYCLUB Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
Are others experiencing ridiculous match ups in bonus games? This changed significantly for me on Saturday during the weekend event. I'm regularly getting match ups that are 3X my club strength level.

Comments

• jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Are others experiencing ridiculous match ups in bonus games? This changed significantly for me on Saturday during the weekend event. I'm regularly getting match ups that are 3X my club strength level.
    How many wins do you have? You may have been "promoted" to a new bucket. The most recent one that I hit (supposedly the final one, at least for now) was at about 17k wins. 
  • DETROITCITYCLUBDETROITCITYCLUB Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    About 18,000 wins. I've played about 22,000 games. I heard about a "cliff" at 20,000 games played, but I didn't experience that. I just found it really weird that it happened mid way through the weekend event. Even still, these matchups aren't even close- like 2-3X my strength. 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    About 18,000 wins. I've played about 22,000 games. I heard about a "cliff" at 20,000 games played, but I didn't experience that. I just found it really weird that it happened mid way through the weekend event. Even still, these matchups aren't even close- like 2-3X my strength. 
    Yea you hit the top bucket, it literally is like a flip of a switch unfortunately. It's going to stay really difficult if you don't have a solid diamond team. 
    Yeah, it's weird. I can play 5 games in a row against inferior match ups, then they throw crazy ones at me. Very frustrating. I kinda feel like those very high level teams shouldn't be there, because I never play teams that are ranked half- or 2/3rds- less than I am. 

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I hit that wall at about 21-22k games played.  I had to make a hard pivot into pitching and once I did that got back up to around a 91-92% win rate from only about 75-80% after I hit that wall.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Sooooooo very glad I’m Silver, just like every year. But what I like most is throwing this meat out to a pack of hungry wolves 😂😂😂
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @tshea510 same here!  After seeing that bgs and other games got more winnable at silver I decided to come back and be even more of a casual player than before. I’ll never get to 20k games played to see how it will affect us “silver guys” but so far so good. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I'm silver was contemplating gold but naaahhhh yo... Staying in the silver life
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Gold here guys and having fun as well, but I feel for anyone who is getting over matched in bg.  We have all been there and it’s no fun, can’t imagine how it is good for glu.

Personally I find gold more fun then silver, yes it cost more to level but still vert manageable.  Key is to seek your own level and have fun, hopefully without spending 😁
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    whynot said:
    Gold here guys and having fun as well, but I feel for anyone who is getting over matched in bg.  We have all been there and it’s no fun, can’t imagine how it is good for glu.

Personally I find gold more fun then silver, yes it cost more to level but still vert manageable.  Key is to seek your own level and have fun, hopefully without spending 😁
    It’s good for glu because it makes people decide to move up. While all of them won’t, some will. I’ve tried staying gold or lower. I just don’t enjoy the game that way, but more power to guys who do. It’s definitely easier to level guys.
    It's not really in glu's interest to do this. If I'm losing like that, I'm more inclined to say "screw it" than I am to suddenly start ponying up a bunch of money. That's what they don't seem to get. 
    I couldn’t agree more! I feel that glus #1 priority is to keep us engaged but this is clearly not a great example of how to do it 
    But then again neither is a 360 player on the pity timer of as a WOH reward. Obviously we don’t have access to all of their numbers, so I don’t know what works and what doesn’t. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    whynot said:

It’s good for glu because it makes people decide to move up. While all of them won’t, some will. I’ve tried staying gold or lower. I just don’t enjoy the game that way, but more power to guys who do. It’s definitely easier to level guys.
    The key is to not to level that far then you are non the wiser. All I know is where is where I am🤷
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    @tshea510 same here!  After seeing that bgs and other games got more winnable at silver I decided to come back and be even more of a casual player than before. I’ll never get to 20k games played to see how it will affect us “silver guys” but so far so good. 
    Welcome back!
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    @tshea510 thanks. It will be in a more limited capacity than before. At least that’s my plan