Boycott Weekend!

xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
This is as good as VIP weekends.  Big spenders organize a "boycott" and glu showers the little people with gifts.  17 boxes (no primes) plus blue cash and about 100K in PxP so far!

Comments

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I didn’t know that there was an organized boycott. I did mine for almost 3 months 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I love the guys that were vocal promoting the boycott yet are still doing points 4 gifts.  No matter how much gold you saved are you really boycotting if you blow through it buying boxes???
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Lol Boycott 🤦‍♂️.  You ever take crack from a junkie and expect a rational outcome?  No.  Same goes for this game. No "boycott" has ever worked here. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • DirectFXDirectFX Registered Users 110 Posts
    edited July 2021
    Funny as hell when VIP Clubs with biggest spenders in the game talk about boycotting then events come guess who isn’t boycotting? Those same clubs with VIP badges of every color . Funny how they are #1 club ladder event and by a huge margin only few hours into event on Friday . All 10 mvp ranking spots in ladder from same club  , club 1 CvC rankings, 1 Global challenge club and individual. Tell me how these clubs are doing that and boycotting?? Shouldn’t be seeing any big clubs with Boycott in the club name in top ranks if they actually boycotting no way be in top rankings in global, events, cvc or individual without spending . Dumbest shit and big circle jerk as these spenders don’t care about rest of the users and only say boycott to save face just a joke .. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    It was probably just flapping their gums so that they could come in first and get all of the accolades 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    DirectFX said:y
    Funny as hell when VIP Clubs with biggest spenders in the game talk about boycotting then events come guess who isn’t boycotting? Those same clubs with VIP badges of every color . Funny how they are #1 club ladder event and by a huge margin only few hours into event on Friday . All 10 mvp ranking spots in ladder from same club  , club 1 CvC rankings, 1 Global challenge club and individual. Tell me how these clubs are doing that and boycotting?? Shouldn’t be seeing any big clubs with Boycott in the club name in top ranks if they actually boycotting no way be in top rankings in global, events, cvc or individual without spending . Dumbest shit and big circle jerk as these spenders don’t care about rest of the users and only say boycott to save face just a joke .. 
    I'm not sure why this new news,  but the top 25 in our game dont actually play. The top 300 dont play either.  Its pretty easy to do. If you want to compete, you need money. that's it 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    It was probably just flapping their gums so that they could come in first and get all of the accolades 

IMO, that's what this is.

Think of this game like the tax plan in the US:

GLU is counting on the top 2% of the players to basically fund 85-90% of their profits. That top percentage will never boycott, despite what they say. Much similar to the US tax payer that is abused to no end by Washington DC.

You're very welcome for the apt analogy this morning.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Its the complete opposite actually.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

Well then GLU does a crappy job catering to the vast majority of their players

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited July 2021
    dkarski87 said:
    I think thats what they'd like us to believe.

They have over 1 million downloads across a 7 year existence of TSB. How many of those are currenly active users? 3% of that number maybe?

So maybe 30k active users - if they all spend $5 then that's what? $150k? There are people on some of the top clubs that spent that by themselves. 

If the top clubs did a for real boycott, it would force change. But they won't, so its all moot I suppose.