Spent 100K in Gold Today. No Sets, But I Did Pull Andrew Vaugn 25 times!

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Planned on only spending about 20K, but got annoyed, then amused, then just flat out laughing at how blatantly rigged all this garbage is.

I saved up to 150K in gold. Figured I would load up on my roster one more time before ATGs come out.  Get a couple of prime guys to D10 for the first time.

Well, thanks to GLU and their "odds", I pulled the 360 guy 25 times! Neat, huh? Once I pulled him three times in a row.

What about the other guys?

Well, I pulled India twice.

I didn't get my first 420 Prime until I passed up 80K gold.

Spent 100K total so I could get the extra PxP rewards and I pulled Vaugn again a few more times.

Thank you, GLU, for reminding me why I don't spend money on this game. What a joke that is.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Did somebody say rigged boxes?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    whynot said:
    Did somebody say rigged boxes?

No need to say what we all know is true. Looks like the odds were in my "favor" again today. Just the wrong odds.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    edited July 2021

Planned on only spending about 20K, but got annoyed, then amused, then just flat out laughing at how blatantly rigged all this garbage is.

I saved up to 150K in gold. Figured I would load up on my roster one more time before ATGs come out.  Get a couple of prime guys to D10 for the first time.

Well, thanks to GLU and their "odds", I pulled the 360 guy 25 times! Neat, huh? Once I pulled him three times in a row.

What about the other guys?

Well, I pulled India twice.

I didn't get my first 420 Prime until I passed up 80K gold.

Spent 100K total so I could get the extra PxP rewards and I pulled Vaugn again a few more times.

Thank you, GLU, for reminding me why I don't spend money on this game. What a joke that is.

Man I hate those day.  I guess the silver lining is you beat the odds on Vaughn (25 instead of 22) and loaded up on BXP?

Yes, we all know how important BxP is at this point in the game.

Go glad it all worked out this way!

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Why did you go nuts on Monday, instead of weekend and get more value with discounts?
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    At a 102k bxp per skill / 204k per player for skills, it has had a lot more relevance to my team.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Man oh man… dropping a 100k on Monday boxes right before legends drop. Ouch 😓 
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    edited July 2021
    Patient:   Doctor, it hurts when I do this!
    Doctor: Then stop doing that......

PS:  My F2P team pulled Shwaber from a free box.

Method to my madness. I'm still at almost 60K in gold and will build up until ATGs and LXP are more available.

I did not attempt to level any prime player until today since primes came out.

• More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    And they don’t want anyone to know…must be why the Glukake thread got removed 🤣
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    LMAO 😂😂😂 Glukkake...brilliant 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    LMAO 😂😂😂 Glukkake...brilliant 

LOL. It really is.

I got gang r@ped today by the Gluminati, no doubt. That's what I get for not spending money in a while and saving up gold. They showed me!

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts

Method to my madness. I'm still at almost 60K in gold and will build up until ATGs and LXP are more available.

I did not attempt to level any prime player until today since primes came out.

Gotcha.. I understand ur method of play right now. I tried playing like that but it’s just not fun for me. While it might make more sense from a resource standpoint like I said just not fun for me. I prefer to to chase top players as released. I always chase the first skill player, dbl skill, prime and first legend etc unless I don’t like skills.  Then I’ll go back into save mode and cruise stock up take what the game gives me until the next “great thing” is released. Kinda how I’ve been playing it for a couple years now 🤷🏻‍♂️🍻 

Yep, and with the over saturation of players, my approach at diamond is working great for the events I like.

Either way, yesterday and this morning are still proof that if you wish to participate in this game like it is intended, you need to spend a LOT of money.