WOH Panning Spinner of Death

COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
Why can’t WOH recover from this like Barrel House instead of losing the entire level ? Barrel House recovered perfectly…didn’t even lose the batter. 

Happens way too often. Lose a WOH 5.9 or 5.10 round win at least a couple of times every event. 

Comments

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    COWPILEY said:
    Why can’t WOH recover from this like Barrel House instead of losing the entire level ? Barrel House recovered perfectly…didn’t even lose the batter. 

Happens way too often. Lose a WOH 5.9 or 5.10 round win at least a couple of times every event. 
    It's purposely done.
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    Definitely a  valid concern in performance. Thanks for flagging this.
    Definitely a  valid concern in performance. Thanks for flagging this.
    It's been a "valid" concern for the last two years now. Obviously you all have known about this issue by your comment. Two years is a long time not to have a resolution for this  issue. What is there a five year plan to fix this?!?
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    1. It hasn't been figured out.  If you think you've figured it out, by all means, let us know and you'll be the real Walk-Off Hero.
    2 . It's still the most popular mode in the game.  I get that it's annoying, but if it doesn't deter a bigger percentage of people playing, it's not going to be seen as broken.  Stuff that literally breaks the game, causes things to be deleted, purchases not working, and whatever bad thing you can think of are seen as more important. That's just the truth.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    edited July 2021
    Thanks for the update. Not figured out by any means but seems to happen most often to me when My Legend wins a late Level 5 round like 5.8 or 5.9. (On 5.8 today for example). Same applies to Level 3 on Pop-up WOH. Also happens a lot when winning a round when the system is busy (right around when a gift goes out or the 5pm Pacific change of day). Batter doesn’t matter for those. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    #pangate
    1. It hasn't been figured out.  If you think you've figured it out, by all means, let us know and you'll be the real Walk-Off Hero.
    2 . It's still the most popular mode in the game.  I get that it's annoying, but if it doesn't deter a bigger percentage of people playing, it's not going to be seen as broken.  Stuff that literally breaks the game, causes things to be deleted, purchases not working, and whatever bad thing you can think of are seen as more important. That's just the truth.
    Never said in my post that I have it figured out, that's not my job. I just play the game, that's why you guys get paid the big bucks, to figure things these things out. My job is point out the inadequacies of this game or give you all praise when you finally do something right.
    edited August 2021
    And I appreciate that. I'm simply giving the update that's available--one of the things I'm paid the "big bucks" to do. :-p
    And I appreciate that. I'm simply giving the update that's available--one of the things I'm paid the "big bucks" to do. :-p
    True statement. 😂
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Ah yes, mock and patronize the paying customers who are already your beta team. You are definitely a GLU-trained employee. Great work. I have no doubt your leadership will be proud.

So basically, GLU is aware of the constant crashing, conveniently in later rounds, but bc people are still playing WoH the most, GLU won't fix it. Hmmmmmmmm. Wonder why?

It's OK. I won't need you to be a smartass to answer. We know why. This is yet another way to screw your customer base out of tons of resources. No need to fix it as long as people keep PAYING and playing! (Insert your higher being here) only knows how much blue cash and gold I've been screwed out of after having WoH crash at 5.9 or 5.10, only to have to start the whole damn round over.

At least you were honest in your replies.

Crap like that is why you have long-time customers who are playing (and paying) less and less. Monday was the first time I played WoH for any event in weeks. Once again I experienced crashes on 4.10, 5.9, and 5.10. At least you guys get some entertainment!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Doc, on a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you love TSB?  
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

First it was love, then it was an addiction, now I'm going back and forth between denial, bargaining, and acceptance of the fact that I've been stupid enough to fall for this for a couple of years. I know I should quit, but the money I spent so far makes me hold on.

The game was a blast until GLU's greed has pretty much killed it. Now these greedy SOBs are admitting they know they have flaws in the game, but they won't fix them.

Yet GLU was finally smart enough to figure out how to no longer have the "Pitch Calling" notice pop up on your screen on WoH after 9 pitches go in the stands and are called "strikes".  They can fix these things, but not the stuff that helps the paying customers. Typical MO.

I was thinking about it last night: If you sim 5.1 - 5.7 successfully, that's likely close to 40-50K in blue cash alone you lose. Not to mention the time it takes to go back and complete the level again. That is, of course, if you don't hit BS RNG and get curved out repeatedly. Nothing worse than clearing 5.9 or 5.10, game crashing, losing your place, then spending another 20-30 minutes waiting on a fair chance to clear the level again bc GLU purposely rigs events for you to lose. But hey, you're a hero!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Ah yes, mock and patronize the paying customers who are already your beta team. You are definitely a GLU-trained employee. Great work. I have no doubt your leadership will be proud.

So basically, GLU is aware of the constant crashing, conveniently in later rounds, but bc people are still playing WoH the most, GLU won't fix it. Hmmmmmmmm. Wonder why?

It's OK. I won't need you to be a smartass to answer. We know why. This is yet another way to screw your customer base out of tons of resources. No need to fix it as long as people keep PAYING and playing! (Insert your higher being here) only knows how much blue cash and gold I've been screwed out of after having WoH crash at 5.9 or 5.10, only to have to start the whole damn round over.

Crap like that is why you have long-time customers who are playing (and paying) less and less. Monday was the first time I played WoH for any event in weeks. Once again I experienced crashes on 4.10, 5.9, and 5.10. At least you guys get some entertainment!

If you thought I was mocking anyone, I apologize.  I'm simply stating it hasn't been figured out.  Every live product has some sort of lingering issue that the devs haven't figured out.  I know TSB is the main game you all play, but this isn't exactly a new case in the industry as a whole.  Despite popular belief, not everything is worth firing the entire staff over.

The numbers we have suggest that the game crashing at the end of round 9 or 10 at a pretty substantial low over the years, especially on newer iOS devices. Maybe not perfect, but nobody here is claiming it is either.  

If you thought I was mocking anyone, I apologize.  I'm simply stating it hasn't been figured out.  Every live product has some sort of lingering issue that the devs haven't figured out.  I know TSB is the main game you all play, but this isn't exactly a new case in the industry as a whole.  Despite popular belief, not everything is worth firing the entire staff over.

The numbers we have suggest that the game crashing at the end of round 9 or 10 at a pretty substantial low over the years, especially on newer iOS devices. Maybe not perfect, but nobody here is claiming it is either.  
    Shouldn't we all strive for perfection instead of a good enough mentality that is obviously not good enough by most standards?
  • Revolution1963Revolution1963 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Wow. I finally just joined the forums. This is very enlightening. I was sending messages to customer service when this happened. I can’t tell you how many times I have wanted to throw my phone when this happened to me. I guess it is not enough that they have a lot of pissed off customers. A continual ongoing problem like that should always be fixed, Their logic is backwards - people are still playing so don’t fix it. They should be thinking - it is a popular game and we look stupid and are pissing off our customers, we should fix this. This really changes how I am going to spend $ on this game……
    Regardless of the cause, we never got a reason why WOH cannot recover your progress after a crash like every other game mode including the WOH-like mode in the original post. Agree that games crash. The issue is graceful recovery, not crash prevention. 
    edited August 2021

Shouldn't we all strive for perfection instead of a good enough mentality that is obviously not good enough by most standards?
    In an ideal world, of course! It would be easier to strive for perfection if everybody played on the same device  with the same Wi-Fi and/or network.  Unfortunately, we don't live in such a world.

These are easier fixes on an Xbox or a PlayStation.  Not so much on a mobile device that people use for a multitude of different reasons.  Then we have the unsavory types with modded devices/apps and autotap tech that changes the everything which make it worse for everybody.
    edited August 2021

In an ideal world, of course! It would be easier to strive for perfection if everybody played on the same device  with the same Wi-Fi and/or network.  Unfortunately, we don't live in such a world.

These are easier fixes on an Xbox or a PlayStation.  Not so much on a mobile device that people use for a multitude of different reasons.  Then we have the unsavory types with modded devices/apps and autotap tech that changes the everything which make it worse for everybody.
    Point taken, so in saying what you just said, you acknowledge there is in issue which some could be Glu but there are other variables that also play into the issue that is out of your all's control. So the question becomes why not do everything you can possibly do on your end to fix/mitigate the issue and if the person has shotty internet connection, obsolete phone or what have you then it's up to them to fix it? Then you all can say we have fixed the issues on our end.
    How hard is it really to save the last completed round number ? It saves the last completed level.