WoH

Comments

• RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    Can the royale chart be updated for level 5 to R R L L L R R R R L
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Can the royale chart be updated for level 5 to R R L L L R R R R L
    Done.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @DFBB no comment or feedback on yesterdays WOH? Suprised.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    edited July 2021
    Bar can’t get much lower for WoH player. Kept looking to make sure I wasn’t in warmup tower. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    COWPILEY said:
    Bar can’t get much lower for WoH player. Kept looking to make sure I wasn’t in warmup tower. 
    All I can say is, it's a 24 hour event... can't expect a great reward that can be cycle capped. 
    dkarski87 said:

dkarski87 said:
    I've been busy with other things, but I heard that the difficulty didn't change and it was a pxp buffet. Hope everyone enjoyed it. 
    Did you cycle the buffet or no?
    – The Great Houmy
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Sounds like he had better things to do. Womp womp womp.  :|
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    A "buffet" is a nice way to put it. Finally able to cycle PxP, but the rewards are like 1/10 of what they were even last year.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

How so? I dont recall us being able to cycle primes until towards the end. It was 1 every 3 cycles and/or a box to pull him. You cant expect them to put a top of the curve player in WOH to cycle for, I was thinking it was going to be a 380/390, 400 was a surprise. But your not cycling for the player anyways, your cycling for the xp.
    – The Great Houmy
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    A "buffet" is a nice way to put it. Finally able to cycle PxP, but the rewards are like 1/10 of what they were even last year.
    Yesterday was the best setup for PXP (also a very useful player) I can remember seeing since at least 2019. At about 30k PXP per cycle (which took like 10-12 minutes) I was able to net 700k PXP and D10 Shaw. I did cycle 33 times, which is shameful and not something I plan to do again, but even 15 or so cycles would have yielded a useful player and a net gain in PXP. Now when legends drop I should be in good shape to pump their skills pretty high with my excess PXP. 

I was really happy with the setup, it seemed too good to be true after weeks of it seeming like it was some sort of sick joke (11.5K PXP for 10 cycles). 
    I already had 4 million pxp from the weekend when I opened 2,134 boxes (this is what CS told me) and got neither foil (and didn't get Buehler either), so the pxp in WOH wasn't terribly exciting for me yesterday.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    This is incredibly wrong. Near the end of the year you could cycle prime players, when pxp was worthless. When primes first got added to woh it was a box with a chance no a cycle player. I added way more pxp than I would have at this same point last year. Cycle capping guys is way more beneficial. If you didn’t level shaw and keep playing then I could see that but if you are diamond and didn’t take him to p10 or d1 and then started cycling you lost out on A ton of pxp. 
    Hopefully its here to stay, but everything indicates that legend will be out this week or possibly next week. Pxp is flooded into the game now so its onto the next chase of resources. If your a diamond player and dont want to be spending money on jackpot specials, cycling those kinds of days is crucial. p10 and have at it all day or as long as you can go, autoplay 1-9 and dont worry about the gold spent.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    Hopefully its here to stay, but everything indicates that legend will be out this week or possibly next week. Pxp is flooded into the game now so its onto the next chase of resources. If your a diamond player and dont want to be spending money on jackpot specials, cycling those kinds of days is crucial. p10 and have at it all day or as long as you can go, autoplay 1-9 and dont worry about the gold spent.
    I agree this is a sign that legends are coming soon, I'm expecting 7/30. The other thing I was thinking though with the explosion of PXP is that they are trying to make the skill tiers relevant as a means to throttle players without messing with max overall as much. For non-elite players (99%), a 420 prime with tier 2 skills is no different than a 420 prime with tier 3 skills because people simply don't have the disposable pxp/gold to go past like 14/14. If pxp becomes more abundant and is attainable without spending a ton of gold, 22/22 and 26/26 might become more reasonable for non-elite players and make tier 3 primes more coveted. 

They've shown that they like that mobility within max overall (number of skills, in-game value of skills, x-factor spot, etc.) and this is one way to do that in an environment where every relevant player already has 2 skills and an x-factor spot. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    This is incredibly wrong. Near the end of the year you could cycle prime players, when pxp was worthless. When primes first got added to woh it was a box with a chance no a cycle player. I added way more pxp than I would have at this same point last year. Cycle capping guys is way more beneficial. If you didn’t level shaw and keep playing then I could see that but if you are diamond and didn’t take him to p10 or d1 and then started cycling you lost out on A ton of pxp. 

My bad. Just still bitter over dropping 100K in gold and not getting much in return for it.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @drsmartassphd I can’t say everybody in the forum has done what you did but plenty of us have. Once was all it took for me to vow that I would never do that again. Not sure about you but I remember having trouble sleeping that night. 

My bad. Just still bitter over dropping 100K in gold and not getting much in return for it.
    I get it. We’ve all been there man. I know guys who had it worse than me but the ones that stand out are babe and yogi last year. Babe was 275k gold and yogi was something close. I stopped counting. And those don’t include Fp, cvc, and cash purchases. It was an utter shit show and should never happen. Ever. 
    dkarski87 said:
    I say this without an ounce of support behind it but I feel like it’s the first weekend in august or soon after that. It would line up to a 20 point bumper per month with legends ending at 620. This would also give us 2-3 months of legends before ATGs around the end of October. 
    Just curious about the level of difficulty between today and HOF woh on mondays. How much harder is it on Mondays? Just trying to decide my strategy. I really haven’t played woh in 3 months. 
    edited July 2021
    This past weekend I did not spend any money because I was following what I thought was a boycott. I did have 250k gold saved up, so I spent that. 

No foils. Nada. Zilch.

Not even one Buehler pull.

I messaged CS and they said I opened 2,134 boxes (1,486 of the cheap boxes and 648 of the other boxes). Not sure if that counts the boxes I got from 13 trips through fan rewards or gifts that were sent out.

Then, yesterday, knowing that the boycott wasn't really actually happening because people were still spending money like drunken sailors, I went ahead and dropped $400 (you know, because, not having any gold left after the weekend's faceplant on boxes) and still did not have even one foil player after all of that. 

This is why the guarantees need to be improved. There's no way in hell someone should have that happen. You have guys spending that kind of money, there should be some sort of effort to make them happy and get return business from someone who's willing to spend like that.

But, really, I just think blue leopard flagged my account after last week on here lmao.

Jedd Doc probably feels a little better now. 
    2003cobra said:
    Just curious about the level of difficulty between today and HOF woh on mondays. How much harder is it on Mondays? Just trying to decide my strategy. I really haven’t played woh in 3 months. 
    I haven't played today, but in 33 cycles yesterday I lost a manual round 3 times, at least two were on me for swinging early. For context, I am diamond and all my bats are 391+ but other than keepers/ML none are over 15/15 on skills. 

Basically yesterday was a breeze, I can't imagine it stays that easy if they continue to give a prime every cycle. 
    edited July 2021
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    This past weekend I did not spend any money because I was following what I thought was a boycott. I did have 250k gold saved up, so I spent that. 

No foils. Nada. Zilch.

Not even one Buehler pull.

I messaged CS and they said I opened 2,134 boxes (1,486 of the cheap boxes and 648 of the other boxes). Not sure if that counts the boxes I got from 13 trips through fan rewards or gifts that were sent out.

This is why the guarantees need to be improved. There's no way in hell someone should have that happen. You have guys spending that kind of money, there should be some sort of effort to make them happy and get return business from someone who's willing to spend like that.

I can't agree with this enough. However, the 'problem' is that guys go through that experience and STILL come back for more. I don't think it's a sustainable business model, but in a results-oriented world, it's difficult to argue against their growth.  

edit: I know it doesn't matter, but I feel ya. It's a crappy, crappy feeling. Sorry for your bad luck man. 

dkarski87 said:
    Did you cycle the buffet or no?
    No.
    Well its official GLU, if Alex didn't cycle yesterday. Its time to open your eyes a little. I think some of the recent changes have been good, but we can do better.
    – The Great Houmy
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Maybe skykings needs to turn off the auto tappers and join the boycott.  Just saying …
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    edited July 2021
    DFBB said:
    However, the 'problem' is that guys go through that experience and STILL come back for more. I don't think it's a sustainable business model, but in a results-oriented world, it's difficult to argue against their growth.  

Oh, yeah, I'm totally guilty of that. In my mind, its not as black & white, though.

I spent $400 and a bunch of gold and got nothing in return. I'll keep playing, but it'll be a while before I spend again. I'm going to rebuild my gold stack and avoid spending money for a while. I eventually will, but I'm mad, so it won't be "soon".

If I had spent $400 and not came away empty handed** then I might be inclined to start spending more money far sooner than I am going to given what actually did happen.

**that's still a boatload of money, wouldn't expect a foil to require that amount of investment
    What boycott? You think that boycott is really doing anything? lol... Your an idiot. This is is the same song and dance that happens every year, this no different. Some guys are not spending, some are not playing, nobody is telling grown adults to not play, everyone can make their own decisions. Are you boycotting? Cause you don't even play the game so what are you really boycotting?
    – The Great Houmy
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Lol… wish I didn’t play the game!!  I’m boycotting the same as I have for the last year, spend no money lose no money. 😁
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    Well at-least we can agree on something. Good on you for not spending.
    – The Great Houmy