WoH

124Next

Comments

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

@JEDDOGGY: Why you continue to play and spend like that is beyond me. No disrespect to you at all. That type of robbery just makes me want to play this game less and less.

250K in gold is like $3k worth of real money, depending on how you acquired it.  Maybe more.

This company gets off on ripping off their best customers. It is beyond sick.

To open that many boxes and get nothing proves their odds are flat out lies.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited July 2021
    I hear ya, I mean I've wasted money on far worse things and can afford what I do spend. 

I will say I spent probably twice as much on the game 2 years ago when you could cycle cap a crazy-awesome-top-of-the-curve legend and box odds were 10x friendlier (4/100 instead of 4/1000, for instance). It was fun and spent money every day. 

Now its like I'm basically trying to budget my spending because its a black hole if you don't. I may have spent $400 yesterday, but it was the first time I bought anything other than field pass in quite a while. I admit it was one of those things where I had already opened an inappropriate number of boxes, at that point already heavily invested, and mentally just wanted to defeat the stupid box and get the foils at all costs. Honestly, they got $400, and it will be weeks before they get anything more. 

Now, would they like to have unhappy customers who occasionally, once every month or two, rage-spends a few hundred dollars or would they rather have happy customers who spend $20-$50-$100 on a daily basis? Idk.

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited July 2021
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    DFBB said:
    However, the 'problem' is that guys go through that experience and STILL come back for more. I don't think it's a sustainable business model, but in a results-oriented world, it's difficult to argue against their growth.  

Oh, yeah, I'm totally guilty of that. In my mind, its not as black & white, though.

I spent $400 and a bunch of gold and got nothing in return. I'll keep playing, but it'll be a while before I spend again. I'm going to rebuild my gold stack and avoid spending money for a while. I eventually will, but I'm mad, so it won't be "soon".

If I had spent $400 and not came away empty handed** then I might be inclined to start spending more money far sooner than I am going to given what actually did happen.

**that's still a boatload of money, wouldn't expect a foil to require that amount of investment
    Absolutely agree.. ridiculous should never come up empty handed dropping amounts like that. 
    Which is why they need to implement a 2nd pity timer and has been mentioned on here a hundred times.  Make it a 200k 400 box timer which is brutal but better than nothing. I’d be much more inclined to spend my gold… we all would.
    Attention @blueleopard (glu employee moderator dude) 💥💥⬆️

edited July 2021
    Totally agree with all of that. 

I didnt know this until I started researching it, but this system Glu employs is referred to as "gacha", and from what I've read they seem to be the most predatory of any mobile game in existence. The examples given in many articles as "horrid" gacha rates is like 1 percent.  Imagine their level of disgust if they had come across TSB with their odds that are 5x worse on the weekend boxes.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY is gacha or gotcha? 
    Lol it may not be coincidence that they pronounced the same 😂
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Totally agree with all of that. 

I didnt know this until I started researching it, but this system Glu employs is referred to as "gacha", and from what I've read they seem to be the most predatory of any mobile game in existence. The examples given in many articles as "horrid" gacha rates is like 1 percent.  Imagine their level of disgust if they had come across TSB with their odds that are 5x worse on the weekend boxes.
    This is a proven predatory method of monetizing seemingly F2P games, but once you become immersed into the game, you forget about rationale. TSB is one of hundreds of these games. Addicts of all facets have one thing in common- FOMO.  I've never heard a single situation wherein someone quit, and missed this model of gaming. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    FOMO?

"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Fear Of Missing Out=FOMO
    lol thanks
    – The Great Houmy
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    DFBB said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    This past weekend I did not spend any money because I was following what I thought was a boycott. I did have 250k gold saved up, so I spent that. 

No foils. Nada. Zilch.

Not even one Buehler pull.

I messaged CS and they said I opened 2,134 boxes (1,486 of the cheap boxes and 648 of the other boxes). Not sure if that counts the boxes I got from 13 trips through fan rewards or gifts that were sent out.

This is why the guarantees need to be improved. There's no way in hell someone should have that happen. You have guys spending that kind of money, there should be some sort of effort to make them happy and get return business from someone who's willing to spend like that.

I can't agree with this enough. However, the 'problem' is that guys go through that experience and STILL come back for more. I don't think it's a sustainable business model, but in a results-oriented world, it's difficult to argue against their growth.  

edit: I know it doesn't matter, but I feel ya. It's a crappy, crappy feeling. Sorry for your bad luck man. 

This is well said and the reality.   So while its easy to blame them, you can't really fault them
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    DFBB said:
    However, the 'problem' is that guys go through that experience and STILL come back for more. I don't think it's a sustainable business model, but in a results-oriented world, it's difficult to argue against their growth.  

Oh, yeah, I'm totally guilty of that. In my mind, its not as black & white, though.

I spent $400 and a bunch of gold and got nothing in return. I'll keep playing, but it'll be a while before I spend again. I'm going to rebuild my gold stack and avoid spending money for a while. I eventually will, but I'm mad, so it won't be "soon".

If I had spent $400 and not came away empty handed** then I might be inclined to start spending more money far sooner than I am going to given what actually did happen.

**that's still a boatload of money, wouldn't expect a foil to require that amount of investment
    Absolutely agree.. ridiculous should never come up empty handed dropping amounts like that. 
    Which is why they need to implement a 2nd pity timer and has been mentioned on here a hundred times.  Make it a 200k 400 box timer which is brutal but better than nothing. I’d be much more inclined to spend my gold… we all would.
    Attention @blueleopard 💥💥⬆️

This has been discussed numerous times and I do think that they're sincere about making it happen. Time will tell if it'll actually get implemented.

Fwiw, if you want to tag blue, his username is right on the front page(in announcements). In the rules thread, you don't even have to click on it. Just copy/paste his username when u want to tag him. I'm not saying he'll always respond, but I always see him incorrectly tag. I don't mean to single out mythical. I just decided that, after seeing it for the 98th time, I should say something. haha
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

If they won't implement it for Prime Foils, I highly doubt they do it for ATGs.

Spending thousands of real dollars of gold and getting no sets, etc, has gotten stale very fast, at least for me.

At this point, I'll just save gold and target specific players.  If WOH continues to suck, I'll be done soon.

This week is the first week in a long time I've played consistently, but only bc of the commitment I made Monday with the gold drop. Now that I know I was ripped off (AGAIN), I'm going to change how I approach the game going forward. Just isn't fun committing thousands of dollars of resources, etc, and getting NOTHING in return but a game that requires no skill and crashes during the few fun events that do. That is not a pleasant user experience at all. All the money I spent this week and I still won't have a set today either, plus there will be new boxes. Sorry GLU, I only have 60K in gold left. Not dropping all of it for rentals I'll dump next week anyway.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

DFBB said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    DFBB said:

Attention @blueleopard 💥💥⬆️

This has been discussed numerous times and I do think that they're sincere about making it happen. Time will tell if it'll actually get implemented.

Fwiw, if you want to tag blue, his username is right on the front page(in announcements). In the rules thread, you don't even have to click on it. Just copy/paste his username when u want to tag him. I'm not saying he'll always respond, but I always see him incorrectly tag. I don't mean to single out mythical. I just decided that, after seeing it for the 98th time, I should say something. haha
    Tks buddy 👍🏻🍻  However I think he knows who I be referring to 🤪
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

If they won't implement it for Prime Foils, I highly doubt they do it for ATGs.

Spending thousands of real dollars of gold and getting no sets, etc, has gotten stale very fast, at least for me.

At this point, I'll just save gold and target specific players.  If WOH continues to suck, I'll be done soon.

This week is the first week in a long time I've played consistently, but only bc of the commitment I made Monday with the gold drop. Now that I know I was ripped off (AGAIN), I'm going to change how I approach the game going forward. Just isn't fun committing thousands of dollars of resources, etc, and getting NOTHING in return but a game that requires no skill and crashes during the few fun events that do. That is not a pleasant user experience at all. All the money I spent this week and I still won't have a set today either, plus there will be new boxes. Sorry GLU, I only have 60K in gold left. Not dropping all of it for rentals I'll dump next week anyway.

I haven’t played much this year and have been on the boards even less. But, nice to see that Doc is still saying he’s going to quit. I’m pretty sure I saw the exact same message last year, yet here we are. 

I’m no better than most of you, because I am still playing, albeit not really spending. But this entire thread is like entering a time machine. Same guys posting the same stuff. Kind of proves the point that this game is not worth our collective time and money. 
    Bump is here, WOH guy is 380 and tourney guy as well. Do we see legends today?
    – The Great Houmy
    @dkarski87 seems like when 440s came out last year, legends were also released at 480? My memory isn't great.
    I think so, lets see.
    – The Great Houmy
    Doesn't lxp come out before legends drop?
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Difficulty spiked pretty hard, I didn’t have much issue in my first time around but less leveled diamond teams are going to be in for a bit of a shock as the number of diamond level pitchers went from just the last 6 to having one at 3.10, half of level 4 and all of level 5 with 330 level pitchers being the last half of level 5.
    edited July 2021
  • louisawesomelouisawesome Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    Is there a new chart or is the same?
  • n8DayVn8DayV Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    Level 5 is:
    L L L R L R R R R L
  • NOWHEREMANNOWHEREMAN Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    1) RLRRLLRRLL
    2) RRRRRRRLRR
    3) LRRRRRRLRL
    4) LLRLLRRRRL
    5) LLLRLRRRRL
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Any chance the chart gets updated? I’m not as talented and mine looks that way too
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    1) RLRRLLRRLL
    2) RRRRRRRLRR
    3) LRRRRRRLRL
    4) LLRLLRRRRL
    5) LLLRLRRRRL
    tyvm.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    DFBB said:c
    1) RLRRLLRRLL
    2) RRRRRRRLRR
    3) LRRRRRRLRL
    4) LLRLLRRRRL
    5) LLLRLRRRRL
    tyvm.
    @DFBB In your updated chart, 2.8 should be “L”, not “R”. Thanks!
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    edited July 2021
    tshea510 said:
    DFBB said:c
    1) RLRRLLRRLL
    2) RRRRRRRLRR
    3) LRRRRRRLRL
    4) LLRLLRRRRL
    5) LLLRLRRRRL
    tyvm.
    @DFBB In your updated chart, 2.8 should be “L”, not “R”. Thanks!
    Thanks. I made adjustments based on what was posted earlier, but I’ll fix it.