Bad video

Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
edited July 2021 in Bug Reports
I keep getting the same bad video that loads only into the left upper corner of the screen. It either bounces me out without counting the video or it locks up the app. Does anyone know a way around this?
Prev1

Comments

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

There isn't. It was an issue for me last week too. I sent CS a notice and a clip.

Mine would not only not count the video, but it would also then knock off a vid from the counter. So, you get screwed twice.

Don't expect this to be fixed any time soon. The latest update fixed Emojis though!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• n8DayVn8DayV Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    Been happening to me for a week now. Put in a ticket 3 days ago and CS said they were aware and working on it. I doubt they’re in a hurry to fix it. Things that hurt the user but not their profits get pushed down the list
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Same 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Yeah, I’ve had it for a week or two. Customer Service closed the ticket saying they were aware. I thought the update would fix it, but it seemed worse. Thankfully they pushed an update to fix emojis though. I couldn’t live without those.
  • scostelloscostello Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    The only way I've ever gotten out of this stretch of broken videos is to reset my google ad id on my phone.  While it doesn't fix the video, it opened my account up to more videos and greatly reduced me getting the rotten ones.
  • rgh001rgh001 Registered Users, Member 178 Posts
    Tell them I asked nicely to resolve this
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    The Chase Bank video is also troublesome for me. Sometimes it takes forever to load, sometimes it never loads, sometimes it locks up. 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    The Chase Bank video is also troublesome for me. Sometimes it takes forever to load, sometimes it never loads, sometimes it locks up. 
    I can request to have this one removed--just need a screenshot of that particular video.
    tshea510 said:
    I can request to have this one removed--just need a screenshot of that particular video.
    This is another one that hangs very badly

• awlsabermetrics1awlsabermetrics1 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts

This is the bad video i get that doesnt give gold but counts against me on the counter
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    All those have all been reported.  I believe the Chase one was taken down already.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    All those have all been reported.  I believe the Chase one was taken down already.
    So you all do actually have control with the videos. My understanding from CS that it's TapJoy can only fix the videos not Glu🤔
    Taking a video down and having no video in the queue to search for a boost are two different things, my friend.
    FWIW……the Chase video is back, but appears, so far, to be working as intended. Cross fingers…
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Taking a video down and having no video in the queue to search for a boost are two different things, my friend.
    That makes sense they are two different things but no video in the queue was not mentioned just that the loaded video wasn't working properly, you just said the video was taken down, my friend 😁
    There is a new video problem today. The video only appears very small in the top left had corner, the wheel of death spins for a few seconds, the the ad closes without getting credit for watching it. This also counts as watching a video so for extra bases you can’t try again for 15 minutes. I tried to click report ad in hopes that feature actually makes a difference, but the ad shuts down too fast. 

For what it’s worth, this was a problem a few months ago and was fixed. Now it is back again and is extremely frustrating.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    edited September 2021
    Or doesn’t open at all. One spin of the loading wheel, no video, and the video upgrade is gone. Was hoping the new version would fix this but alas, no better. 
    Can watch a few videos, then i hit th ewatch button video and nothing happens but counter goes down
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    edited September 2021
    I'm on the iPhone SE and can't seem to get any vids to run today. It's been pretty bad since the app update but today it doesn't seem like they will run at all with nothing happening when I click the watch video button. Occasionally it will act like it's going to bring up a vid but then bring me back to the watch video screen without rewarding gold. One thing I noticed is that every time I click the dead button it deducts from my daily available videos. Meaning if I had all 500, clicked the dead watch video button 10 times, when I go back to that screen I have 490 left. 

Not a yuge deal since I'm diamond, but it was a nice way for me to passively rack up 1000-1500g a day while I work from home. Hopefully they can get this figured out soon, I'm sure I'm not the only one since I'm on a relatively new phone.

rgh001 said:

Yes, I’m getting this one a LOT. When it actually loads, it’s a Lucky Charms vid, but I had to hit the Play button to get it going. Otherwise, you get a blank screen, loading video message, then back to previous screen. It happened repeatedly in Video Achievements today and also vids for gold. 
    This is just another example of the massive video problems. It tries to load, but nothing. Repeatedly. I should get some boxes just for being able to be fast enough to screenshot that swirly thing, lol.

latest iPad, latest iOS.
    rgh001 said:

This the one…..Lucky Charms

rgh001 said:

This one popped up again multiple times today. I had not had it in a couple of weeks, but it’s back screwing up extra bases today.
    Another bad video showed up today. If you click the X like every other video, it just takes you back to the previous screen and you get not credit for watching. I had it again and waited for over a minute before clicking the X. Same result. So whenever this ad shows up, there is no reward given. 

A new video shows up that won’t credit you for watching it. About 50% of the time it will give a 5 second countdown and then give you the reward. But the other half it just goes right to the X and won’t give the reward if you click on it, no matter how long you wait. 

Yup just started remove that video!!!
  • DirectFXDirectFX Registered Users 110 Posts
    what about the bad videos in WoH free boost or free restart, same with cvc , extra bases etc just all over the game and some pretty important but seems to never be fixed ? 
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    edited December 2021
    The video for King’s Choice doesn’t have a way to close it when it’s done.