Pity timer

2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
I just noticed the pity timer is now 24 and 48 but with a guaranteed prime. Boooooooo! Not good for me but maybe it’s better for the big spenders 
Prev13

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I got to admit seeing them made me laugh!  Thanks glu, love a good laugh!! 🤣🤣🤣
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    I just noticed the pity timer is now 24 and 48 but with a guaranteed prime. Boooooooo! Not good for me but maybe it’s better for the big spenders 
    They increased the bxp player pull rate a ton. You will certainly pull a player well before the counter(in most cases obviously it will be a bxp player)
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Yes this is a horrible, dreadful change for players/customers. That and the fact they think we're all stupid enough they can try to pimp this change via news announcement and frame it as positive. 

Atrocious.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    yea its more for people spending chunks of gold, not really for people spending under the 12k
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Maybe im misunderstanding it but it seems positive to me. You’re going to pull players a ton more frequently and you’re now guaranteed at least one prime per 12k gold since counter only resets for primes
    Counter is resetting on bxp players making it useless. Not sure if that's intended or not. 24 or 48 boxes to get a prime is terrible anyway. That's like 8% and 4%, respectively. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    My counter did not reset on bxp players. Yes the bxp guys have a higher pull rate so you will pull them more often. This change is probably good for diamond teams that plan on spending gold. At least they get a guaranteed prime with only 12k spent. For a lowly, bottom feeder, scum of the earth, f2p silver guy like myself I don’t see me hitting the pity time very often.  On a positive note.  I pulled Kershaw on the first box and Palonco on the 7th. Done crying-for now. 
    Increasing pull rates on bxp guys is a minimal improvement at best.  For them to double or triple the pity timer for primes from years past is just astounding to me from a business standpoint.  Then again maybe the addicts will still pay, but eventually that pool will run dry.
    - Blueleopard
    Not saying its a gamechanger or anything, but just comparing to last weekend the changes are only improvements (although slight). 

For primes - the odds are exactly the same as the last 2 weeks, but now you’re guaranteed one every 12k.

For BXP - you’ll now pull bxp players well over twice as much as you did previously 

Still plenty to be desired, but a its a small step in the right direction 
    Here's what you get with a guarantee box:

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Very interesting.. I’ve never seen 440 primes without legends dropping.
     Idk why but this motivates me even less to play I was looking forward to legends today. Chasing a 440 prime feels like a waste of gold 
    Not saying its a gamechanger or anything, but just comparing to last weekend the changes are only improvements (although slight). 

For primes - the odds are exactly the same as the last 2 weeks, but now you’re guaranteed one every 12k.

For BXP - you’ll now pull bxp players well over twice as much as you did previously 

But.. you will rarely get to the pitty timer to pull that guaranteed prime.  Hopefully everyone is in need of bxp 
    edited July 2021
    That and the fact that the pity timer essentially just gives you the crappy prime anyway.
    Right… so the odds ARE THE SAME the difference is you are guaranteed a crap prime…. and lots of bxp re-pulls  

But.. you will rarely get to the pitty timer to pull that guaranteed prime.  Hopefully everyone is in need of bxp 
    That's true, you will need more volume to hit the pity timer. My point is more that we're not losing anything though, with some small gains. You could hit the pity timer more frequently before, but as demonstrated in JEDDDOGGY screenshot, that just meant you were going to get a BXP player about 95% of the time you hit it. Now, you'll get those BXP players you'd normally get from the old pity timer a ton, but you'll also get a usable (theoretically) prime every 12k gold as well.

Again, it's not a big change and I understand it won't impact certain players really at all. However, we lost nothing and gained a tiny bit which is a win in my book when it comes to Glu.
    I feel dirty just knowing you got to the pity timer @JEDDDOGGY
    - Blueleopard
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    yea its more for people spending chunks of gold, not really for people spending under the 12k
    Imo, the guys spending little to no gold benefit the most. For the guys chasing the top primes/foils, nothing changes for them and ultimately, I think that's created a lot of resentment. The 'floor' was raised considerably, but guys that go hard don't care about that. They want that shiny toy and again, no changes were made on that end. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I liked the idea, I just think it missed the mark. 20 guaranteeing a 420 prime who is 20 points behind the curve sucks. I think the box count was way too high. Shoulda been 16-18 boxes not 24. In the end 148k spent, no mookie. I box capped every bxp player so 150+ bxp player pulls. I know guys who had it much worse. Just wish they didn’t make the lowest prime 420 and they would give. More juice to the 440 guys on the guarantee. 
    I’m assuming Xander is a foil? He’s in both boxes so it appears he’s a foil but the graphic looks no different than others.  I really wish they would come up with something a little better to be able to distinguish a foil from a regular. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I went looking for Kershaw hoping I’d get lucky and got Barnhart on my 24th pull, if I wasn’t diamond I’d level him but it took me a long time to gather the pxp and was targeting a SP as a top of the heap starter would give me a fighting chance in those tough tourney finals.  Holding onto the rest of my gold for WoH autoplays hoping to farm a few 100k more pxp.
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    In my current situation I love this. I have a ton of PXP and very little BXP.  The skill changes requiring more BXP have really depleted my stash. I’m happy for the additional BXP. It’s probably what I need the most. Plus I hit the pity timer a bunch this week and pulled nothing but BXP guys anyway. 

The odds on the pity timer box is a different story. There’s no way to make that look good. 
    Holy crap…. I just realized the counter is 48 and 24. 😳 Gonna have to be very lucky to not pull a bxp player in that many boxes…. And then it only guarantees a crap prime. Jeez… nothing ever changes what a shit show!
    Yup “marginal” improvement 😂

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    It does not reset on bxp players, only primes, (fixed now).
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    11k gold spent on top of 24 boxes and just Kershaw to show for it. I should stop now before the pity box gives me a duplicate Kershaw (6 boxes away)
  • LooseballsackLooseballsack Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    Spent 9K and only received the same few horrible bxp players. Only a few away from the 24 pity timer but I don’t think I’m going any further because I already have a 420 player at that position. And same for the 48 pity timer, already have a great WOH player at 1B so no sense in continuing there, plus I’m still about 20 boxes away. This change only benefits a select few and like others have stated, it’s comical that they were trying to sell this as a “big win” for everyone. What a joke and now no incentive to keep playing the rest of the weekend as the bxp players I received are only putting up marginal points. Thanks GLU for giving me time back this weekend!!
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    As I look at the PT from a different perspective, it wont really take 12k in gold to get to 24 boxes if you have a little bit of patience. So far between gifts from Glu, 1 round of cvc and 2500 tier of fan rewards I’ve accumulated 11 “free” tornado boxes which amounts to 5500 gold. So technically I could have spent 2500 gold and been at 16 boxes. If I play my cvc cards right I could easily get to 24 boxes without spending any more gold. Had I not already spent the 2500 gold and had more patience I could still get to 24 boxes from cvc and freebies. 48 of the 250 gold boxes would be impossible to reach without spending any gold and I plan on not buying them at all. 

On another note, the increased pull rates of bxp players is an improvement since bxp is more valuable due to increased costs of skills. I’ll take the increased odds of gaining duplicate bxp. 
    I know this isn't a WoH thread, but I must add that Barnhart is the VERY best WoH player in tsb right now....and he's literally being treated like trash by most people. That is lol on many levels because it's a microcosm of the fall of WoH.
    11k gold spent on top of 24 boxes and just Kershaw to show for it. I should stop now before the pity box gives me a duplicate Kershaw (6 boxes away)

You have a 1% chance of a Kersh repull. This is a great example of how one man's trash is another man's jackpot. Lots of guys would kill for Kersh. You got him super cheap...and you're not even happy. 

Base15 said:
    In my current situation I love this. I have a ton of PXP and very little BXP.  The skill changes requiring more BXP have really depleted my stash. I’m happy for the additional BXP. It’s probably what I need the most. Plus I hit the pity timer a bunch this week and pulled nothing but BXP guys anyway. 

The odds on the pity timer box is a different story. There’s no way to make that look good. 
    Since it's inception, the odds on the pity timer has been consistent. The only thing that gets adjusted is the minimum that's guaranteed.

Anyways, my opinion is that these changes were HUGE for the low budget/f2p players. If you math it out, the game got considerably easier for those guys. The big spenders...that's a different story. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I cannot pull Polanco, I dont even want to post what I spent. I've pulled Kershaw 11 times and still dont have Polanco, which is the only player I really wanted. What are the odds of that?
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    I cannot pull Polanco, I dont even want to post what I spent. I've pulled Kershaw 11 times and still dont have Polanco, which is the only player I really wanted. What are the odds of that?
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. Guys that go hard, got more of what they already have(unlimited bxp/blue cash/tons of pxp). What these guys want is better odds for the top primes/foils and that didn't change one iota.
    I got everyone except the foils again. Did not dive in and spend a bunch of money again like last weekend, though. When it takes 500 boxes to get a foil on average, and you see specials for $100 that offer only 40 boxes, well.....

I need to be smarter about this than I was last weekend, and so far, so good.