The Official Worst Boxes Of The Year Thread: Let's Keep This Updated

Comments

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Opened up somewhere around 50 boxes or so...and all prime or blue XP. 
    Worst part is the amount too. 250 BxP does nothing. The cost of this game is skyrocketing.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    From my point of view these boxes have to be up there with the worst. I’m not a fan of players with two of the same skill. 

Agreed with them just sucking. The same skill aspect doesn't bother me.

Only player I would want is maybe Gallo, but just got Shwarber last week with the same skills/position.

The double blowout second baseman is attractive, but that's like the fifth second baseman offered this week.

Just too damn many players and you know they will sneak in some other box again later this weekend.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Base15 said:
    From my point of view these boxes have to be up there with the worst. I’m not a fan of players with two of the same skill. 
    Just diff play styles. From my pov, the 420s are not good, but the other primes are fire. In particular, the foils are nice. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Take that back. Tatis JR sucks with those skills.

He's by far, the one I want most. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I certainly could have gone without another 420 catcher as the guarantee on the pity timer, considering we just had one last weekend. A little variety would be nice on the low prime since that’s the one we are going to get. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Well, let me get started here... *cracks knuckles*

Jk guys 😂
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    He’s double boosted literally all the time in every mode except woh…tough crowd
    I've now fell back a spot into the #2 ranking on the top complainers world ranking leaderbaord. Can I still get a spot on top rank council?
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Funny how many differences of opinions we get in this forum. I looked at these players and thought that Glu brought it this weekend. Tatis sucks with those skills? Are you kidding me? He’s probably  the best player released this year-IMO. Gallo with 2xRHP! Lefties with 2xHH and 2xBO skills! Mancini with 2xHH! Plus a 440 pitcher! I’m sure that we all look at the boxes and think “I want this guy or that guy”. I look at today’s boxes  and feel that anyone of the 440 players would be a great addition to my team!  If these boxes are horrible what would you consider good? 
    2003cobra said:
    Funny how many differences of opinions we get in this forum. I looked at these players and thought that Glu brought it this weekend. Tatis sucks with those skills? Are you kidding me? He’s probably  the best player released this year-IMO. Gallo with 2xRHP! Lefties with 2xHH and 2xBO skills! Mancini with 2xHH! Plus a 440 pitcher! I’m sure that we all look at the boxes and think “I want this guy or that guy”. I look at today’s boxes  and feel that anyone of the 440 players would be a great addition to my team!  If these boxes are horrible what would you consider good? 
    Agreed. Devers would help me too (like Mancini except i have keeper there), all my D10 guys there have a woh skew so he'd be an upgrade everywhere else. 
    I'm in a good mood because I just bought medium field pass for autoplay and not opening boxes this weekend (I know, I know, the boxes are great... but I planned on this)

Although, I'm in a club with a bunch of guys competing in guantlet. There are a few that bought the entire specials tab and still don't have all the players. Lot of unhappy customers, but this is the norm nowadays.
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    My view is WOH centric so for me no one other than Gallo is remotely desirable. I didn’t look at it from any other view point. My apologies. 

Not sure if I took over the as the #1 complainer because of this. If so, I feel like it was far too easy to unseat the previous #1, but I’ll wear the honor proudly. 
    Base15 said:

Not sure if I took over the as the #1 complainer because of this. If so, I feel like it was far too easy to unseat the previous #1, but I’ll wear the honor proudly. 
    Are you asking for rankings? 'Cause we can do that!
    DFBB said:
    Base15 said:

Are you asking for rankings? 'Cause we can do that!
    I can work on a new WAR metric...Whines Above Replacement
    @Base15 sorry but you’re WAR (thanks @jmsorioles33) is far far far below the good doctor. 2x first pitch is is at the top of my list for WOH since it’s active against every pitcher in every scenario. It’s a better set of skills (IMO) than 2xRHP. 
    edited July 2021
    I far prefer the BABIP sabermetric

Bitchin' About Baseball In Phone
    @JEDDDOGGY I figured that you like OPS-Odds Percentages Suck 
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I far prefer the BABIP sabermetric

Bitchin' About Baseball In Phone
    2003cobra said:
    Dang. I got nothing other than to applaud you guys! lol
    Base15 said:
    My view is WOH centric so for me no one other than Gallo is remotely desirable. I didn’t look at it from any other view point. My apologies. 

Definitely seek out the 'woh' skill. It's 1.5%/level. 
    2003cobra said:
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂💀💀💀
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yes that WOH skill makes Heyward a stud, 30% boost for taking him to 20%. X2 WoH skill on him wouldve been great, WOH closer for the next 2 months.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy

Leadoff Skill? Every at bat?

dkarski87 said:
    Yes that WOH skill makes Heyward a stud, 30% boost for taking him to 20%. X2 WoH skill on him wouldve been great, WOH closer for the next 2 months.
    Fine fine. Here he is:  

ah shit baller, I only took him to 22.
    – The Great Houmy

Leadoff Skill? Every at bat?
    Yes sir! As long as you have him batting leadoff (sans WOH). 
    X-factor skills 6-10 are in the store if anybody needs them. It’s a good way to help you reach tiers in fan rewards 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Definitely best boxes of the year… and tatis is definitely my most satisfying pull of the year. 
    Especially since he cost me 0 
    Agreed, great boxes, great skills. They F.Kin got me this weekend.
    – The Great Houmy