Player shop

2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
Has anybody seen anything useful in the player shop? Last year there were bonus games, xp boxes, dinger tickets, prime and legend players and I’m sure that I’m missing others. This year I’m not sure if I’ve seen anything above 4 stars and I haven’t seen anything other than players. 
Prev13

Comments

• DantemavericksDantemavericks Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    I was going to write the same post today. I have seen 5 franchise coins once this year and definitely no dinger tickets or bonus games, which were quite common last year. I have only seen one five star player. I've stopped looking in there.
    Never fight a man with a perm
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I’m down to checking once or twice a day. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I found some BGs once but not too much.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I saw BGs earlier today 32k blue cash for 20 
  • AvoidTheClap12AvoidTheClap12 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I've gotten BG's once or twice and I wanna say a lil evo
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Has anybody seen anything useful in the player shop? Last year there were bonus games, xp boxes, dinger tickets, prime and legend players and I’m sure that I’m missing others. This year I’m not sure if I’ve seen anything above 4 stars and I haven’t seen anything other than players. 
    It's the same as last year. For most, the best thing to get are the six dinger tickets and I've had those several times this year.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • DantemavericksDantemavericks Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    Wow that's lucky. Do you reset the selection with gold?
    Never fight a man with a perm
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Wow that's lucky. Do you reset the selection with gold?
    When '21 dropped, I spent most of my gold in the player shop to farm bxp. At one point, I had over 80 plat10 players.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Fwiw the way it was explained to me last year is that's not really intended as much for the top 1-2% of players but more so for the casual player to collect cards they may want.    
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    I've seen an Evo box once and BG twice. I don't really bother checking anymore. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I have only seen Bgs and Dinger tickets maybe 1-2 times all year. I dont shuffle anymore to check it but I usually check 6-7 times a day when I can remember to do so. The odds seem lower then last year for those particular items.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    They were rather plentiful last year and I never spent gold to shuffle the boxes. 
  • scostelloscostello Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    This same question was on my mind the other day.  I have only ever bought the BG and Dinger Tickets.  In 2020 version they popped up like maybe once a week.  This year I have not seen them once!  The only thing I have seen in the player store were the 5 franchise coins once.  I still check every day just in case though.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I usually only check a couple times a day and that is primarily because there hasn't been anything of value to buy. I have bought players without thee checkmark just for collections but that is about the "best" roi I have had.
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Theres the odd gem in there.  Just gotta look hard.
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    Ok. I would buy the Tyrone Cheatwood and never trade him in!
  • rgh001rgh001 Registered Users, Member 178 Posts
    Went in twice today so far, both times there was a 420 prime in there for 320k 
    One was a nice closing pitcher so picked him up
    Nice. I’ve seen a prime and sets of bonus games since my original post. I’ve also been going in there more often to see what’s available 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited August 2021
    That's bullcrap, man. If they gonna release a Tyrone Cheatwood he gotta be a living legend like he is in real life. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Not bad a 440 prime with pretty okay skills, it's a shame I don't need a second baseman now that ML just got bumped up and he has capped 1st pitch and RHP skills. 
    Ive been seeing lots of legends the last 2 days, even repulled a few for the lxp.
    – The Great Houmy
    You’ve seen legends in there? Is it worth spending 10 gold to refresh inventory 
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Facebook group posted a screenshot of legend Glavine in player ship.  Didn’t show price though.
    960k cash for legends. I spent about 1500g in shuffles and seen a few of them. Looks like they updated the player shop recently.
    – The Great Houmy
    edited August 2021
    I haven't seen a legend, spent about 100 gold flipping through only seen some decent primes, another 440 and 430 but they wouldn't help me out🤷 Hoping to see a legend or 440-450 prime outfielder, SP or RP
    I’ve seen a 440 prime so far but no legends. I’m not going to spend gold shuffling boxes so I obviously have limited chances
    Gallo is a lefty, right? Because I have a 440 Gallo with I presume double RHP skills 320k in player shop. Oh boy, Glu was listening...... Trying to resist don't think I can....
    Buy him. Do not resist! 2xRHP. He’s pretty much my best performer 
    Isn't Raisel for sale still in the specials?