Legends are here!

2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
480 Tony Gwynn. 

Comments

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Jeez….that’s disappointing and I’m a Gwynn fan but I’ve seen 6486 gwynns in Tsb over the years and at .6 percent. I’ll just keep stacking.  Also kinda curious how they are going to handle him as a bonus player going forward? New player Foil rates on a Wednesday will he bonus for the next 7 days? 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Jeez….that’s disappointing and I’m a Gwynn fan but I’ve seen 6486 gwynns in Tsb over the years and at .6 percent. I’ll just keep stacking.  Also kinda curious how they are going to handle him as a bonus player going forward? New player Foil rates on a Wednesday will he bonus for the next 7 days? 
    We’ll Gwynn was just introduced last year so I don’t think you’ve seen many over the “years”. I could be wrong but I think there were only 2 versions last year, a regular and an ATG. But maybe there were 2 regular. 
    edited August 2021
    I believe he was introduced last year. It sure seems like there were more than 2 versions last year lol You could be right idk 🤷🏻‍♂️. However with all the legend options in mlb maybe pick one that hasn’t already been used. Ripken was a popular box last year. I know it’s a rights issue… but if this is as good as it gets to start the year with legends (a repeat) they might need to think about expanding that catalog 🤣
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Close, it was 3 Tony Gwynn's last year. Totally agree some expansion on the catalog would be great. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Yeah, they've already established that you don't actually have to be a legend in real life to be a legend in the game. We have had guys with sub-250 career batting averages and 17 career HRs somehow are legends. I don't see any way we can't get a Pickles Dilhoeffer, Pete LaCock, Cannonball Titcomb or Pussy Tebaeu in there at this point. Maybe even a Danny Mendick living legend for us.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Honestly, Kudos to GLU for this. Gotta give credit when its due, because it so seldom. Not starving people for it and breaking the bank with lxp is a nice gesture. Still not cheap, but atleast it will be easier, now the drop rates are a different story. Chasing repulls is out of the question at .5%.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    Can you all let me know when there's a behind the curve legend Kyle Higashioka??  I gotta get every version of him this year.  I'm sure it'll be a month from now.
    Just no.  
    dkarski87 said:
    Honestly, Kudos to GLU for this. Gotta give credit when its due, because it so seldom. Not starving people for it and breaking the bank with lxp is a nice gesture. Still not cheap, but atleast it will be easier, now the drop rates are a different story. Chasing repulls is out of the question at .5%.
    Agree gotta give them credit for the lxp. So they are listening.. however below 1% odds cancels that out. 
    Glu 👎🏻
    I mean, if they are truly listening... where is the bump to keepers and the bump to odds? Worth a shot lol. 

I am pleasantly surprised at the legend xp rollout plan so far. It hasn't been as squeezed as trying to squeeze the oranges a second time for orange juice.  
    Seriously tho… can we just get to 1% glu!? So we’re looking at weekend box legend drop rates at .5 for a 500 gold box? What’s wrong with these people? They just don’t have a clue how many people they are driving away. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I think we will soon, they just dropped today. Probably 1-2 weeks we see the legends go to 1%, basically the same as foils im guessing.

"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    edited August 2021
    dkarski87 said:
    I think we will soon, they just dropped today. Probably 1-2 weeks we see the legends go to 1%, basically the same as foils im guessing.

Right gotcha buddy..  but foil legends will still be below 1%. I’m just saying no player should be below 1% unless they want to add 400 box pity timer with odds like that. Nobody should be dropping gold money like that walking away empty handed. Blah blah 😑 
    I’ll just continue to sit on my nearly 300k gold 🤷🏻‍♂️and complain 
    What was foil odds this past weekend? 
    What was foil odds this past weekend? 
    Same as it has been, I think: 5/1000 and 2/1000
    I thought so… after I realized Monday boxes were .7 weekend boxes had to be .5 and .2. Was hoping I was wrong. Wanted to play this weekend but doubtful with those odds. Tks 👍🏻
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited August 2021
    JTANDME said:
    I mean, if they are truly listening... where is the bump to keepers and the bump to odds? Worth a shot lol. 

I am pleasantly surprised at the legend xp rollout plan so far. It hasn't been as squeezed as trying to squeeze the oranges a second time for orange juice.  
    Appears they got a miniscule bump. They kind of slid it under the radar yesterday. I could be wrong. But keepers were at 415 on Tuesday now mine are at 430 right along with ML.

Could someone verify this?
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    JTANDME said:

Appears they got a miniscule bump. They kind of slid it under the radar yesterday. I could be wrong. But keepers were at 415 on Tuesday now mine are at 430 right along with ML.

Could someone verify this?
    That's correct, changed maybe around 9est last night. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I thought so… after I realized Monday boxes were .7 weekend boxes had to be .5 and .2. Was hoping I was wrong. Wanted to play this weekend but doubtful with those odds. Tks 👍🏻
    It’s also VIP weekend so you know there’s Frickery with the boxes as well

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @drsmartassphd you beat me to it. I love the rewards but last year I remember only getting 1 meaningful player from the free boxes and so far this year I haven’t been that lucky-yet. I typically lol at vip weekend as a weekend off due to glus “frickery”
    My hope is that an adjustment is made to the guarantee box now that prime players odds will be 10%+ in most boxes. Having the 17 box guarantee when the primes were 12% odds yesterday felt bad. I also hope the dont ignore primes. Make them useful and still have some draw. Although I really have to say the availability of lxp is so much better than the Introduction to pxp this year, not everyone will be able to get legends and level them all, so hopefully primes have a shelf life still. 
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    JTANDME said:
    Close, it was 3 Tony Gwynn's last year. Totally agree some expansion on the catalog would be great. 

Gwinning.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    It’s also VIP weekend so you know there’s Frickery with the boxes as well
    Plus...and also..every vip weekend this year out of my possible x3 never once pulled the actual x3 funny how that works.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
    I don't think there's any way people are going to be happy with the odds until top box prizes are a hair easier to get, via either (1) raised to 1 percent or (2) available through a pity timer. A pity timer, even if its 500 boxes, would alleviate the issue of people spending $500, $1000, or more in some cases and not getting the top box prize.

Those are the people who quit or jump off bridges. You don't want people quitting or jumping off bridges who are willing to spend that kind of money on your app/game, and then even more people are going to be willing to open their wallets if those top prizes become a bit more attainable.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    "even more people are going to be willing to open their wallets if those top prizes become a bit more attainable."
    THIS! Seems like a broken record to say this but happy players are more inclined to open their wallets. Not saying they should give em out like candy but I sure saw a lot of Tony Gwynn screen shots yesterday. I am sure there was a lot made on the legend xp bundle buy to try and level him up. 
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I don't think there's any way people are going to be happy with the odds until top box prizes are a hair easier to get, via either (1) raised to 1 percent or (2) available through a pity timer. A pity timer, even if its 500 boxes, would alleviate the issue of people spending $500, $1000, or more in some cases and not getting the top box prize.

Those are the people who quit or jump off bridges. You don't want people quitting or jumping off bridges who are willing to spend that kind of money on your app/game, and then even more people are going to be willing to open their wallets if those top prizes become a bit more attainable.
    This has been my fight since VIP Council and I haven’t stopped ✊
    You know it seems they should at least make Gwynn bonus through the weekend otherwise they should have waited until Friday to release. 
    However I’m certain they’ve already thought 💭 this through lol