Legend guarantee

jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
Fan rewards now guarantees you a legend at 100k. I personally love it, however, I think adding the cvc George Brett sucks. He’s not in a box, and truthfully he’s only good for guys who focus on cvc. Yes I understand cvc is useful for Extra Bases but are you spending 100k to be slightly better at EB? Not to mention 80k per hit and he’s not in a bonus set. I’d be angry to spend 100k and get cvc George Brett. It woulda been perfect if they just made it either the Box Brett or Ripken. 
Prev1

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    i didnt pay attention to this, and pulled him again to b2, the cvc one. Big piss off because I was still chasing Rip.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    i didnt pay attention to this, and pulled him again to b2, the cvc one. Big piss off because I was still chasing Rip.
    Yeah. I love the idea. Just CVC Brett is specific to only a few guys. As a guy who does not play cvc hard, like I’d suspect the larger majority of the game, pulling cvc Brett would really make me angry after spending 100k chasing a box player.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I think it’s great and a YUGE step in the right direction finally! Couldn’t agree more about cvc brett not sure I understand their thought process on that. Just put regular Brett in box and it would have been perfect. I suppose they gotta leave someone for the whales to chase?? 
    I pulled my guy Ripken at 78k. Would finish out the timer but I don’t want cvc brett 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited August 2021
    Yep, this one change had the potential to make probably every single person that plays this game do a 180 in terms of how they view the box odds. But they messed up imo making it a weird one off player that 99% of guys won't even level. Let's face it, it's a completely useless prize to almost everyone. I'd rather pull the 3k lxp. Put a box legend there and it's a complete game changer.
    Also don’t know if anyone noticed but 10x cvc brett boxes in pickem. 2% pull rate. 
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Yep, this one change had the potential to make probably every single person that plays this game do a 180 in terms of how they view the box odds. But they messed up imo making it a weird one off player that 99% of guys won't even level. Let's face it, it's a completely useless prize to almost everyone. I'd rather pull the 3k lxp. Put a box legend there and it's a complete game changer.
    Yeah, in a dream world it’s just 1 of them, so you know who it is. But even just a 50/50 split between the box guys is far superior to this. I still think it’s a great addition, but yeah, I could go without cvc Brett. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Yeah, in a dream world it’s just 1 of them, so you know who it is. But even just a 50/50 split between the box guys is far superior to this. I still think it’s a great addition, but yeah, I could go without cvc Brett. 
    You need to dream bigger. In my dream, you can pick among the legends….🤣
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    yea that would nice, pick the one you want. But thats wishful thinking.

– The Great Houmy
  • kbrown7942kbrown7942 Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    edited August 2021
    Could someone send a screenshot of what’s in the George Brett box?
    5 bgs, thats it
    – The Great Houmy
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    This thread is just a reminder to me that I’m not a whale, which I guess is something my wife and kids will appreciate. I’ve been playing this game for 5 years and I don’t think I have ever spent 100k gold in a single weekend. They could make the guarantee 1m gold for all I care. 

A 480 legend is going to be mostly irrelevant in a month. 100k for an ATG, ok, maybe they’d get my attention. 
    Metsicans said:
    This thread is just a reminder to me that I’m not a whale, which I guess is something my wife and kids will appreciate. I’ve been playing this game for 5 years and I don’t think I have ever spent 100k gold in a single weekend. They could make the guarantee 1m gold for all I care. 

A 480 legend is going to be mostly irrelevant in a month. 100k for an ATG, ok, maybe they’d get my attention. 
    Also a reminder that a week ago, you could spend 1 million gold and walk away with no legends. While the 100k gold is a lot to you, this is spent weekly by a lot people. It’s still way better than it was. It’s not meant for everyone but it’s meant for the people who did it anyway. 
    edited August 2021
    Spending 100k really is nothing anymore don’t get me wrong it represents a lot of gold money or time… but it hardly makes you a whale lol. Mostly time for me these days. There was a time when spending 100k was crazy that’s back when 30k was considered a lot and could typically pull a legend with that amount. So if 100k is a lot too you then you are definitely on a different level of play then most cuz it’s the norm now. 100k is fairly easily obtainable grinding videos and taking advantage of dinger tickets. Takes some commitment and it’s not for everyone I get it. 
    I did not expect the timer to be 100k I honestly expected 200k. Expecting 200k just shows how desperate most of us were for some kind of pity timer. However I think 100k is fair and I applaud glu they are listening! Long over due but kudos 👍🏻🤘🏻
    Atgs will more than likely be in the 100k timer when or not long after they drop. 
    Have no desire to get back to the top if it requires me to grind videos, spend cash, or both, all to accumulate 100k every weekend. I eased off the gas pedal in TSB21 and still find ways to enjoy it, without needing to be on 15 hours a day and dropping coin to compete. 

It is interesting that 100k is now seen as the norm. I suspect your viewpoints may be a little
    more in the minority than you think, but maybe not. 
    edited August 2021
    Idk 🤷🏻‍♂️ maybe my viewpoints are more minority? I was basically just saying I understand what I takes to compete today. I did just see someone complaining on global they spent a whole 4K gold  👀 and pulled crap 💩. Lol So maybe there are a lot of those types out there?? 🥴
    Maybe my viewpoints are minority however I’m not a top tier “minority” player I hardly ever spend 100k in a weekend. I’m a bottom feeder silver team. My account is rarely below 100k gold because I save.. pull players from cvc. I only drop gold when it’s a player I really want and I do not play in a club. 
    Fortunately I have a job that allows and also pays me to grind videos for 12 hours a day. I have nothing better to do at work 😂 
    Also… every player released is irrelevant in a month anyway.
    Atgs are released so late in the year they really have no added value anymore. 
    We all play and enjoy the game differently 🍻 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    edited August 2021
    In the last 3 days ive given over 100 people on Line the formula for autotapping through Ankulua.  Ive made some of their scripts actually.  I know that there is better programming out there, but i want this to be mainstream. The dev's know it. Pm me, ill guide you through it . Whats worse is that last weeks glitch was fully intentional for the whales. You wouldn't believe who came out of the woodworks on this. Again,  fully intentional.  I know the software they run, its insulting to a multimillion company that runs a late 90s antifraud detecting system. The devs know it. Trust me when i say this...-you will not complete. not now, not ever. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Have no desire to get back to the top if it requires me to grind videos, spend cash, or both, all to accumulate 100k every weekend. I eased off the gas pedal in TSB21 and still find ways to enjoy it, without needing to be on 15 hours a day and dropping coin to compete. 

It is interesting that 100k is now seen as the norm. I suspect your viewpoints may be a little
    more in the minority than you think, but maybe not. 
    Fwiw the way I played last year 100k was a lot but not an insane amount.   Definitely the norm if you wanted to compete tho and likely double that.   The norm for the 99% tho is no where near that much tho.  And yeah having that amount costs a lot whether it’s time or money and nowadays time=money.  
    edited August 2021
    So no legend guarantee for weekday boxes? Only a weekend thing?? 
    One would assume they would address things like this in the news section. However clarity has never been their priority. 
    I really don’t understand the removal of the 100k gurantee. For everyone who says 100k is too much, imagine spending that and getting 50 wily Adames and no legends. While it is high, it’s better than nothing. I hope they bring it back and it stays. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I look at it this way, it's too much FOR ME but that does not mean it shouldn't be there either. I don't think I have EVER spent 100k or more in a single fan rewards period but that is my style. 
    JTANDME said:
    I look at it this way, it's too much FOR ME but that does not mean it shouldn't be there either. I don't think I have EVER spent 100k or more in a single fan rewards period but that is my style. 
    I’m with you. The 100k guarantee isn’t for me but why shouldn’t it be there for those who do spend that much? It’s ridiculous not to have it, let alone to have it and then take it away. 

Getting the same players over and over is already killing the fun of opening boxes, they should at least give us some light at the end of the tunnel. 
  • scostelloscostello Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    Metsicans said:

Getting the same players over and over is already killing the fun of opening boxes, they should at least give us some light at the end of the tunnel. 
    I'm a casual player, only open the app a couple times a day to open free gifts, play season mode and play CVC.  Basically I'm just accumulating rewards.  I only spend a few thousand gold here and there for gifts so I can get the Fan rewards.

So Yesterday, I opened 11 total Tater Day boxes and i got..

2 - Mitch Haniger
    4 - Mike Zunino
    5 - Willy Adames

WTF is that!  How do you get the 9.6% player 5 times in 11 boxes??
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I mean, I did a multiple buy of 5 boxes and Adames was 3 of the 5 boxes. Seems legit 🤣
    JTANDME said:
    I look at it this way, it's too much FOR ME but that does not mean it shouldn't be there either. 
    Well said
    well it was nice of them to tease us for a week. Now the 100k guarantee is a totally separate player, and you get to continue to chase boxes with no end in site. End result is money and they want us to keep chasing. I truly truly don’t understand why they’d add it and take it away, beyond they didn’t make the money they wanted. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Is the Bernie that you "win" the Double Fire one from last week?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Is the Bernie that you "win" the Double Fire one from last week?
    yes he's double fire
    well it was nice of them to tease us for a week. Now the 100k guarantee is a totally separate player, and you get to continue to chase boxes with no end in site. End result is money and they want us to keep chasing. I truly truly don’t understand why they’d add it and take it away, beyond they didn’t make the money they wanted. 
    Assuming their data did not produce 💰 and they had to revert back to the chase 💰💰 while offering a consolation prize 👍🏻👍🏻 
    Assuming their data did not produce 💰 and they had to revert back to the chase 💰💰 while offering a consolation prize 👍🏻👍🏻 
    That’s obviously exactly what it was. And they throw in the gauntlet so they can recover whatever it is they lost last weekend. Truly a slap in the face IMO. 
    yep exactly and you need that consolation prize to compete anyway.   Although based the few times I did a gauntlet last year, you would be extremely lucky to compete in one of those for less then 100k anyway.