Options

Team Strength

awlsabermetrics1awlsabermetrics1 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
So i get the game is trying to force me to go gold since im assuming im sandbagging by being 106k team strength at silver. 

Ive lost several times to teams with like 55k team stength today alone and it's just insane how that makes sense. 

Am i right in thinking it's the game using catchup ai to force me to move up a level?

Comments

• Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    The game definitely wants you to move up and there are some silver studs on here that will weigh in.  A few years ago I always stayed silver but once I went gold I never regretted it.  It might cost more to level a guy but I do fine with very minimal spending.  I have never hit a wall at gold so losing isn’t an issue and your point multiplier is better.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    Yea i know the game will always eventually "force" me to move up to gold, just been trying to stockpile pxp and now lxp as best i can until i made the move.

But as a former vip a couple yrs ago that is no longer spending i know my gold reserves will never allow me to truly compete at the big dog level.

Just getting back into the game and knowing how to play w/o spending money has helped. Trying to gauge if it's finally time to move up to gold.

• Options
    Gold… Big Dog???  More like Chihuahua 🥲
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    Revolution1963Revolution1963 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I am missing something. I am gold and all my players are capped including a number of prime players. I have a few more upgrades to do and my pennants are almost maxed out. My team is only 92k strength. What am I missing? BTW, I prefer to stay at gold level and not move up any higher because I seem to get crushed by people that must spend a lot of money to play this game. I will spend a little, but not much.
  • Options
    More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    Player skills raise your team strength quite a bit.  How high do you have skills leveled?
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @Revolution1963 playing at gold is totally fine but I can’t imagine that you’ve invested much in your skills. Post your roster so that we can see it and help you out
  • Options
    @awlsabermetrics1 how many games have you played? I’m a 138k silver team with 3900 games played and I’m not having any issues now. It was so bad earlier in the year that I uninstalled the app took 3 months off. Where are you at regarding skills, pennants, x-factors? 
  • Options
    whynot said:
    Gold… Big Dog???  More like Chihuahua 🥲
    Lol im saying since im not spending money on this trap game im well aware ill never compete with the dudes dropping 100k gold every weekend. 
  • Options
    Player skills raise your team strength quite a bit.  How high do you have skills leveled?
    All skills at 25/40 or higher.

Pennants all at 360 or higher 1 capped. 1 nearly capped
  • Options
    2003cobra said:
    @awlsabermetrics1 how many games have you played? I’m a 138k silver team with 3900 games played and I’m not having any issues now. It was so bad earlier in the year that I uninstalled the app took 3 months off. Where are you at regarding skills, pennants, x-factors? 

• Options
    This is my team @revolution1963
  • Options
    I am missing something. I am gold and all my players are capped including a number of prime players. I have a few more upgrades to do and my pennants are almost maxed out. My team is only 92k strength. What am I missing? BTW, I prefer to stay at gold level and not move up any higher because I seem to get crushed by people that must spend a lot of money to play this game. I will spend a little, but not much.
    Top or near top tier players is what’s needed (currently I have all top primes and 2 legends). Sounds like you still have some bxp players and that isn’t going to cut it.  Additionally as others have said, player skills are also key, most of mine are leveled up to the pxp level, my ts is 150k btw.  
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I would add to the others that utilizing x-factors, particularly on pitching could make a difference for you as well. 
  • Options

This doesn’t make sense to me. Maybe your pennants are 25/40 and not your skills? I’m not sure what you are talking about when you mention your pennants. You also appear to be missing x-factors on a lot of players. Also, it looks like you’re extremely low on cash. IMO you need to play payoff pitch all weekend. That’s the easiest way for me to earn cash 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    2003cobra said:

This doesn’t make sense to me. Maybe your pennants are 25/40 and not your skills? I’m not sure what you are talking about when you mention your pennants. You also appear to be missing x-factors on a lot of players. Also, it looks like you’re extremely low on cash. IMO you need to play payoff pitch all weekend. That’s the easiest way for me to earn cash 
    I assume he means 25/40, in total. For example, 12/20 and 13/20 on his players. 

TS is influenced by player skills much more so than anything else. Pennants, upgrades, etc. add minimal amounts. That said, TS is very overrated/misunderstood. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    @DFBB you’re probably right about the skills. I guess his real question is why is he losing games to weaker teams. With a winning percentage of .958 I’d say that’s pretty good. I still lose games to teams with less than half of my TS on occasion. It’s always gonna be like that at silver.we all that  the best way to win every game is to go diamond but that doesn’t fit everybody’s style of play. 
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited August 2021
    With the addition of X factors team strength is a really bloated thing anymore way more so than previous years. If you invest heavily in skills you can have a ridiculously high team strength without top players. 
  • Options
    @2003cobra this is what i mean. 

And yea i go high on cash and spend it all and rinse and repeat. And yea im going to cycle payoff pitch for the Oz box and LXP too. Without any big bonuses tho just makes a boring event more boring lol
  • Options
    Ok. Those are upgrades  and pennants. We are asking about the skill upgrades that you have for your individual players. But as was discussed earlier, TS can be overrated. There are plenty of times that guys have intentionally lowered their TS to get better matchups. You can do that by putting b1 guys as your subs and your first 3-4 relievers. I personally don’t do that anymore but have in the past. No matter what you do you will still have some tough losses at silver. That’s the disadvantage to being silver but there are plenty of good reasons( in my opinion) to staying silver. I take the bad losses and move on. My winning percentage is .881 so I’ve had plenty of tough losses but I’m not going diamond again. 
  • Options
    Ah gotcha.. yea individual player upgrades vary greatly. I prioritized my best guys up to when the pxp starts and stop there... end up running out of bxp more than anything haha

And yea i know the different ways to fudge some stuff just didnt think putting in those b1 guys in a couple spots would lower TS but that much.

I plan on eventually moving to gold i think but want to be able to make that jump and immediately cap a few of my best guys right off the rip
  • Options
    Start saving resources to prepare for the move. Gold is a pretty good spot to hang out 
  • Options
    Revolution1963Revolution1963 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Thanks for the help on TS everyone. I have all prime and one Legend capped on Gold. I think the issue all of you pointed out is my individual player upgrades. I think I need more cash to get that fixed. I did not realize that the individual player upgrades had a bigger impact on TS then pennants and team upgrades. Thanks again.
  • Options
    xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Getting torched in CVC by a bronze level 6 team with a 162k team strength.  How does the math work on that?
  • Options
    He probably has top players and has invested heavily in their skills. I’m kinda jealous.