WoH 8/23/21 - Pitchers Changed AGAIN

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
FFS GLU. This didn't happen when the rewards were actually worth it. Now this is happening each event.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Prev1

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Chart has been updated. Fwiw, we have a new king of WoH and he's the common prime. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited August 2021
    DFBB said:
    Chart has been updated. Fwiw, we have a new king of WoH and he's the common prime. 
    Agreed. And the WOH reward not too shabby either I think.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    tshea510 said:
    DFBB said:
    Agreed. Reward absolutely worth it!
    I was referring to Jram, the 'common' prime in the box.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:
    DFBB said:
    Agreed. Reward absolutely worth it!
    I was referring to Jram, the 'common' prime in the box.
    Yeah I know, I had to change the wording as it was confusing way I said it.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    What does “common prime” mean?

I pulled him in vid box, then again in free 12est 🎁 and have no idea what to do with him. My everyday 3rd baseman is better, double woh & B enticing, still be 3rd or 4th woh option. Anyway, I’ll figure it out… Rich people problems I suppose  🤔🧐😆
    edited August 2021
    What does “common prime” mean?

I pulled him in vid box, then again in free 12est 🎁 and have no idea what to do with him. My everyday 3rd baseman is better, double woh & B enticing, still be 3rd or 4th woh option. Anyway, I’ll figure it out… Rich people problems I suppose  🤔🧐😆
    You answered your question immediately after asking. Haha! It's just like it sounds. He's 11.2% in the 700g box and 6.4% in the 400g box. On top of that, he's around 98% once you get to the pity timer. In other words, you're likely to see him once...or twice, and likely more. lol

edit: As of this writing(these things age fast), he's the best closer for WoH. If you go 20/20 on Jram's skills, they will be at 30/30(today's theme. coincidence??)....Numero UNO!
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Sad that the #1 WOH closer is out there and few even care or notice.  Few years ago we would of been drooling.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    5-2 is not a lefty
    COWPILEY said:
    5-2 is not a lefty
    I got a message about that earlier and fixed it.  I was really, really hoping that it went unnoticed. Hahaha
  • awlsabermetrics1awlsabermetrics1 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    Ill still find a way to constantly lose at silver 5.10 woh lol
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    WOH is meh and rewards are too little to bother playing it. I have more than enough pxp and there isn't enough lxp in the tower to bother with. I'm sure if you're a f2p person, this JRam is amazing though. Just more stuff I don't understand-- give away wonderful, free toys to people who don't spend any money and drive away customers who spend money with terrible box odds. Don't know how this is working for them, but I guess it is. Enough addicts out there to meet whatever their financial goals are, I guess.
    whynot said:
    Sad that the #1 WOH closer is out there and few even care or notice.  Few years ago we would of been drooling.
    I actually wasn't going to play today. I saw the WoH reward and went to chill in my solo club. Then, I saw Jram and suddenly felt like I needed to grind for pxp. It's not as if I 'need' Jram, but idk. I'm a sucker for elite WoH guys.
  • awlsabermetrics1awlsabermetrics1 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    WOH is meh and rewards are too little to bother playing it. I have more than enough pxp and there isn't enough lxp in the tower to bother with. I'm sure if you're a f2p person, this JRam is amazing though. Just more stuff I don't understand-- give away wonderful, free toys to people who don't spend any money and drive away customers who spend money with terrible box odds. Don't know how this is working for them, but I guess it is. Enough addicts out there to meet whatever their financial goals are, I guess.
    Yea i mean im a reformed vip who no longer spends money on the glu sham so ill take advantage of a player like this. And the degens get away with a whole host of things that arent truly kosher but bc they spend stupid money they can get away with it. Ying and yang my friend, ying and yang.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    whynot said:
    Unfortunately that’s just what has become of woh. Focusing on a woh “closer” isn’t really necessary anymore. There was about a 2-3 window just before legends came out where woh was really fun again. It’s back to me not playing it again. 
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I'm sure if you're a f2p person, this JRam is amazing though. Just more stuff I don't understand-- give away wonderful, free toys to people who don't spend any money and drive away customers who spend money with terrible box odds. 
    If 'competing' isn't a priority, it's never been this good for f2p guys. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    whynot said:
    Is he really the #1 closer? Barnhart has great  woh skills and they go 30/20. I only have him 22/20 but I think that the extra skill upgrades would more than make up the difference in the overall rating. Ramirez is pretty much useless outside of woh so I’ll leave him at b1 until I hit the pity timer again. 
    To me, having a woh reward player that’s rated 50 points below the top tier guys isn’t much incentive to play. Even as a f2p player these guys mean virtually nothing to me. 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    edited August 2021
    My bad…on level 4
    edited August 2021
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Couldn’t agree with this more. I thought the 100k guarantee, despite not being Perfect by any means was a great equalizer. Now that it’s gone I’m left to go up shits creek without a paddle. The game is now meant for the non competitive non spenders or the guys doing the 2k cycles everyday(auto tappers) and the ridiculously wealthy who have endless funds to spend. I am neither of them as I don’t enjoy slow playing and really don’t enjoy woh as set up. Fact is, you can’t even spend your way out of this anymore. Trust me I tried, multiple times. I don’t even want to know my total box count this weekend but a rough guess I’d say 250-300 of the posada box and 600+ Ozzie boxes and I pulled 1 legend from the box. Not even a repull. This included buy all 3 of the Ozzie 70 box deals. The box guarantee is gone because they evidently didn’t make enough money from us that weekend. That was the 1 thing I held out hope for. 

I’d like to note that even with the current setup 2 playoffs a day isn’t nearly enough gold to compete daily and chase players. That’s like 120-130k gold depending On your all star level. I spent that to get posada alone last weekend. That doesn’t include the 100k+ it took me to get McGriff. So yes it’s nice, it’s not all you can play with. Unless people found a way to get more cycles somehow. 
    Yea i mean im a reformed vip who no longer spends money on the glu sham so ill take advantage of a player like this. And the degens get away with a whole host of things that arent truly kosher but bc they spend stupid money they can get away with it. Ying and yang my friend, ying and yang.

What are the 'host of things' you speak of? I'd honestly like to know lol. If you got the hookup, let a brotha in.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    DFBB said:
    whynot said:
    I actually wasn't going to play today. I saw the WoH reward and went to chill in my solo club. Then, I saw Jram and suddenly felt like I needed to grind for pxp. It's not as if I 'need' Jram, but idk. I'm a sucker for elite WoH guys.
    At 430 overall, far from it.  Love the skills cause of the 1.5x multiplier just well below the curve. Hopefully when the bump goes to 500 we can start getting 480 legends in WOH. That's what makes it fun, when they first put the primes in WOH this year it really rejuvenated alot of WOH people, but now its back to "meh".

"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    edited August 2021
    @jalapenocubbies We had a guy open over 2000 Ozzie boxes this weekend, no Ozzie. Then another guy today opens roughly 500 of the 30/30 boxes, no Green. Customers are spending hundreds of dollars on a single event, and walking away unhappy / empty handed. We have guys spending mortgage payment amounts on the game, quitting left and right. Sure, some come back. Many do not.

A while back I'd referenced an Aesop fable: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_North_Wind_and_the_Sun

Well, another one seems appropriate: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Goose_that_Laid_the_Golden_Eggs

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    yea that Guarantee needs to be on all boxes. Its crazy thats its not, or bump up the odds. shit do both.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @jalapenocubbies We had a guy open over 2000 Ozzie boxes this weekend, no Ozzie. Then another guy today opens roughly 500 of the 30/30 boxes, no Green. Customers are spending hundreds of dollars on a single event, and walking away unhappy / empty handed. We have guys spending mortgage payment amounts on the game, quitting left and right. Sure, some come back. Many do not.

A while back I'd referenced an Aesop fable: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_North_Wind_and_the_Sun

Well, another one seems appropriate: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Goose_that_Laid_the_Golden_Eggs

Yep, this is a weekly thing for me. But I’m the dipshit that keeps trying. As I said, the current setup you can’t even spend your way out of it. I would be shocked if we ever see a top box player guarantee again. Maybe the 100k legend will stick but if anything that just made the game most expensive to compete. Even if you got lucky and pulled both legends early, you’d hVe to spend the 100k to get Bernie for his set. Again, is what it is. I’ve given up competing as a top player. Won’t ever do a gauntlet again. But if there is a player I like, and I spend enough gold and/or cash I should get him. The fact you can spend thousands and walk away with nothing is horribly wrong. 
    jalapenocubbies said:
    The fact you can spend thousands and walk away with nothing is horribly wrong. 

Yep, totally. This statement sums it up imo.
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    I keep reading about these NFTs. (Non-Fungible Tokens).  And I wonder how anyone could possibly pay 10's of thousands or $ (or more) for a digital photo.  Then I read here that people are spending the equivalent of a mortgage payment for access to an API/Algorithm with an avatar of Ozzie Smith on it.  

And I wonder no more.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts

edit: As of this writing(these things age fast), he's the best closer for WoH. If you go 20/20 on Jram's skills, they will be at 30/30(today's theme. coincidence??)....Numero UNO!

I didn’t realize that the woh skill had a 1.5 multiplier therefore making him better than Barnhart. This is a rather enticing decision for somebody like me that doesn’t really play much woh. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    J-ram would be awesome… if woh was awesome.. 
    Otherwise…  ⬇️ 
    xracman said:
    I keep reading about these NFTs. (Non-Fungible Tokens).  And I wonder how anyone could possibly pay 10's of thousands or $ (or more) for a digital photo.  Then I read here that people are spending the equivalent of a mortgage payment for access to an API/Algorithm with an avatar of Ozzie Smith on it.  

And I wonder no more.
    We don’t need to turn this into a “I can’t believe People waste their money on this game” thing. People do, myself included. It used to be a source of fun but that has slowly stopped. It’s a form of entertainment, let people spend what they want. People spend on crazier things, like cigarettes and drugs and those actually kill you(spare the jokes that this game can). Did you also know people pay money to run in marathons? You can literally do that for free. But everyone has their hobbies this is no different, other than it pisses you off 99.9% of the time. But that .1% is quite the rush.
    2003cobra said:

I didn’t realize that the woh skill had a 1.5 multiplier therefore making him better than Barnhart. This is a rather enticing decision for somebody like me that doesn’t really play much woh. 
    Imo, he's currently the best WoH player. I know you can go 30/30 on Ceasar(45woh/30hh), but I'm not a fan of HH for WoH. That said, they all work just fine. 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    whynot said:
    Is he really the #1 closer? Barnhart has great  woh skills and they go 30/20. I only have him 22/20 but I think that the extra skill upgrades would more than make up the difference in the overall rating. Ramirez is pretty much useless outside of woh so I’ll leave him at b1 until I hit the pity timer again. 
    To me, having a woh reward player that’s rated 50 points below the top tier guys isn’t much incentive to play. Even as a f2p player these guys mean virtually nothing to me. 
    Considering he is both ways I would say he is an excellent catch for WOH.  However I agree he is useless for me as well, my keepers and legends handle woh just fine for me…. Now if the rewards were better ….
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard