WoH 8/23/21 - Pitchers Changed AGAIN

2Next

Comments

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @dfbb good call on Hernandez but I’m not a huge fan of HH for woh either. That’s probably why he’s still b1 and riding the pine for me. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    @dfbb good call on Hernandez but I’m not a huge fan of HH for woh either. That’s probably why he’s still b1 and riding the pine for me. 
    As was the case with Barnhart, I wanted Jram and ofc, I got Trout. I had this plan to get Jram for free(gifts/cvc/etc)....
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    I just got a repull on both of them from cvc. Barnhart is my closer but he’s only 22/20 so Ramirez would be an upgrade. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    whynot said:
    Sad that the #1 WOH closer is out there and few even care or notice.  Few years ago we would of been drooling.
    yeah sad yet reality.   Theres not really a reason to prioritize walk off players.   If you play enough cycling easily is just done for you.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    WOH is meh and rewards are too little to bother playing it. I have more than enough pxp and there isn't enough lxp in the tower to bother with. I'm sure if you're a f2p person, this JRam is amazing though. Just more stuff I don't understand-- give away wonderful, free toys to people who don't spend any money and drive away customers who spend money with terrible box odds. Don't know how this is working for them, but I guess it is. Enough addicts out there to meet whatever their financial goals are, I guess.
    Couldn’t agree with this more. I thought the 100k guarantee, despite not being Perfect by any means was a great equalizer. Now that it’s gone I’m left to go up shits creek without a paddle. The game is now meant for the non competitive non spenders or the guys doing the 2k cycles everyday(auto tappers) and the ridiculously wealthy who have endless funds to spend. I am neither of them as I don’t enjoy slow playing and really don’t enjoy woh as set up. Fact is, you can’t even spend your way out of this anymore. Trust me I tried, multiple times. I don’t even want to know my total box count this weekend but a rough guess I’d say 250-300 of the posada box and 600+ Ozzie boxes and I pulled 1 legend from the box. Not even a repull. This included buy all 3 of the Ozzie 70 box deals. The box guarantee is gone because they evidently didn’t make enough money from us that weekend. That was the 1 thing I held out hope for. 

I’d like to note that even with the current setup 2 playoffs a day isn’t nearly enough gold to compete daily and chase players. That’s like 120-130k gold depending On your all star level. I spent that to get posada alone last weekend. That doesn’t include the 100k+ it took me to get McGriff. So yes it’s nice, it’s not all you can play with. Unless people found a way to get more cycles somehow. 
    yuck sorry to hear this man.    I definitely dont fall in either bucket really either so therefore my gameplay isnt much this year because of it.   But it was honestly for the best anyway.
    Was it necessary? Nope. Was it fun? Heck yes!!! 

D8 Jram. No video/gold boost. (20/20 skills w/woh10 xfactor): 

Having fun is important 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    FWIW…….2.6 is RHP not LHP. Shouldn’t really matter much, but just sayin 😎
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    2003cobra said:
    Having fun is important 
    At the risk of being overly serious, being solo for most of the year has really helped. Sometimes, I play a lot(like today). Other times, I don’t play at all. Being solo, there is zero guilt if I choose the latter. In years past, I always felt a burden to do my share and then some. At times, I certainly ‘forced’ myself to play. Obviously, that’s not fun so I had to move on and do my own thing.

tshea510 said:
    FWIW…….2.6 is RHP not LHP. Shouldn’t really matter much, but just sayin 😎
    Fixed. 
  • RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    I enjoyed the event more than normal.  I got in 9 cycles.  My club took 3rd, only our second top ten finish.  One guy in the club got JRam, level him and the skills up, slow played him through all the levels and beat WOH for the first time.  With Altuve now too, when the event ended, he was excited for our morning.  I see his playing time / spending going up.  I am a medium spender and was having fun, so I spent more than normal.  Maybe that was the goal.  Almost our entire club was more engaged yesterday.
    DFBB said:
    2003cobra said:
    Having fun is important 
    At the risk of being overly serious, being solo for most of the year has really helped. Sometimes, I play a lot(like today). Other times, I don’t play at all. Being solo, there is zero guilt if I choose the latter. In years past, I always felt a burden to do my share and then some. At times, I certainly ‘forced’ myself to play. Obviously, that’s not fun so I had to move on and do my own thing.

I’ve been doing my own thing for 3 seasons and you touched on the exact reasons that I choose to play that way. I’ll never win an event but I usually reach top tier/which isn’t very hard. The only person that I have to worry about letting down is myself. As you said I’m not forced to play or spend and it has made my experience more enjoyable. Although at times I miss being in clubs with guys like you, Jeddoggy and Tyrone because competing for the top spot is a lot of fun 

I enjoyed the event more than normal.  I got in 9 cycles.  My club took 3rd, only our second top ten finish.  One guy in the club got JRam, level him and the skills up, slow played him through all the levels and beat WOH for the first time.  With Altuve now too, when the event ended, he was excited for our morning.  I see his playing time / spending going up.  I am a medium spender and was having fun, so I spent more than normal.  Maybe that was the goal.  Almost our entire club was more engaged yesterday.
    Good to hear some positive experiences. Glu needs to figure out how to get more people engaged instead of turning people away. A few seasons ago you could get a top tier player from woh and also one from fan rewards. Those were the good ole days. That’s when you couldn’t put down your phone for 12 hours on a Monday and grinded all day. And it also encouraged people to spend gold knowing that that would get a top player. Also , cycling fan rewards could help you level up that player. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

And don't forget the resources.  That was the main thing. I felt like I paid money and built a team for a reason: I would get something back on Mondays to help build future players.

Now that's gone too. No player with resources as the cycle prize, and now the additional resources have been cut in half, if not more.

Getting 1500 LXP total for one cycle of WoH this time of year is a sham. I played all day yesterday bc I got lucky for the first time all year and landed decent players only spending 10K in gold. I was shocked. I didn't want the reward, but needed the PXP so I played. Got enough PxP at the end of the day to NOT help my diamond team much at all. LOLOLOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts

And don't forget the resources.  That was the main thing. I felt like I paid money and built a team for a reason: I would get something back on Mondays to help build future players.

Now that's gone too. No player with resources as the cycle prize, and now the additional resources have been cut in half, if not more.

Getting 1500 LXP total for one cycle of WoH this time of year is a sham. I played all day yesterday bc I got lucky for the first time all year and landed decent players only spending 10K in gold. I was shocked. I didn't want the reward, but needed the PXP so I played. Got enough PxP at the end of the day to NOT help my diamond team much at all. LOLOLOL

Here are the rewards around the same time last year, this was from a “august 2020” post. As you can see, there was no lxp in the woh awards and you cycled for a bxp player. You’d have to do 20 cycles to get the value you’d get for 5-6 cycles this year. There’s no doubt this year is better awards wise but again, just points to the fact woh is always behind the game. It’s great for non spenders to slowly catch up etc.

DFBB said:
    2003cobra said:
    Having fun is important 

Well said
    Glad to hear that others actually enjoyed it too. Jram was super fun, but the Altuve set(SUPER easy) was really cool and made it more fun. Usually, that type of set would require the FR player. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I have Ramirez on the bench at B2, pulled him 2x, yes he’s better than Barnhart but probably not so much more that I’d spend a bunch of pxp to level him though.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    DFBB said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I'm sure if you're a f2p person, this JRam is amazing though. Just more stuff I don't understand-- give away wonderful, free toys to people who don't spend any money and drive away customers who spend money with terrible box odds. 
    If 'competing' isn't a priority, it's never been this good for f2p guys. 
    You are darn right about that. I'm here to testify to that!
    I have Ramirez on the bench at B2, pulled him 2x, yes he’s better than Barnhart but probably not so much more that I’d spend a bunch of pxp to level him though.
    If you depend on woh and play a lot he is 100% worth the upgrade. With the 1.5x and a good X factor he is legendesque for woh only though. 
    I should have maxed out his skills yesterday and played some woh. I’m sure that I’ll do it tomorrow. I just didn’t want to part with roughly 250k pxp. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    If you depend on woh and play a lot he is 100% worth the upgrade. With the 1.5x and a good X factor he is legendesque for woh only though. 
    The players for Royale will never make my team the bxp is worth it to me. Over weekend I earned over 150k in bxp wanted to do more but had other real life things going on too. WoH Mondays would've loved to get that Altuve just don't have enough hours in a day, once again real world stuff takes precedence. J-Ram is that missing link on my WoH roster definitely will take the pxp plunge and exhaust a good portion of my bxp on his skills.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    As far as depending on WoH I depend on the resources much more than the player himself, the player gets lots of pxp and I can clear when motivated 4-5x an hour.  WoH has fueled a full D10/PotM regular lineup and SP (have 3;prime SP and will have 4 by early next week.). Lots of the early WoH rewards were 2x LI and I have Barnhart at 21/20 to close.  With that said I may still go ahead and level him just as a buffer 
    The players for Royale will never make my team the bxp is worth it to me. Over weekend I earned over 150k in bxp wanted to do more but had other real life things going on too. WoH Mondays would've loved to get that Altuve just don't have enough hours in a day, once again real world stuff takes precedence. J-Ram is that missing link on my WoH roster definitely will take the pxp plunge and exhaust a good portion of my bxp on his skills.
    Absolutely would. I wish WOH still carried the same weight for me as it did years ago. If/when they add a cyclable legend or the good lxp awards for 10 cycles last year I’ll be back. For now, like most of the season, my time for that event is just better spent elsewhere. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Ah well…..every WOH reward is useful to me, in some small way. Do I cycle like crazy? Depends, mostly not. But every reward for me has had a useful purpose. Free players that have useful rewards in some shape or form are always welcome.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷