Wednesday Box

jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts

Chase now or wait for it ATG version? I still maintain I think it’s really sad that they make regular legends into ATGs later in the year. Either get more content, or release fewer players. 

Comments

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Need another first baseman after getting Vlad Jr and Mr. 500 yesterday?

No worries! GLU has you covered! You will pull Hosmer a million times today. Enjoy!

Wonder if another first baseman will be in the extra box tomorrow?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    Where is Alfaro and Kluber?
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Kluber is on the IL and Alfaro was benched for being bad as of 3 days ago. Best update I can give. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Alfaro is in FR and Klubs is in the tourney box.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Alfaro is in FR and Klubs is in the tourney box.
    Thank you. 
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    I am 100% sure the Glu developers monitor this board for the sole purpose of selecting boxes specifically to troll the doc.
    edited August 2021
    xracman said:
    I am 100% sure the Glu developers monitor this board for the sole purpose of selecting boxes specifically to troll the doc.
    Yeah I mean but really, there are 6 positions in baseball (counting OF as 1). And there are what? At minimum 6 new boxes a week. They double dip at every position of not every day, every other. Just the reality of gouging your customers. 

***not counting pitchers
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Sure and a couple weeks ago, there was a run on 3Bs and RH hitters.  Now it's1Bs and LH hitters.  I think they are trying to offer an IF and OF of "value" (or at least what they perceive as value) every box. 

A bigger issue is how the game has totally devalued pitching, which limits the amount of interesting players they can offer.  
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts

I still maintain I think it’s really sad that they make regular legends into ATGs later in the year. Either get more content, or release fewer players. 
    I don't like this either.   Clearly I would think the issue is not getting enough licensing.   As far as releasing fewer players? yeah wont happen haha
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I know we have some good math people here. What is the average amount of gold to pull a player at lets say .5% odds. Keep it simple, 500g box.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I know we have some good math people here. What is the average amount of gold to pull a player at lets say .5% odds. Keep it simple, 500g box.
    -138 boxes=50%(potw box)
    -200 boxes=63.3%
    -250 boxes=71.5%
    -459 boxes=90%
    -918 boxes=99%

We get boxes via gifts and cvc as well as discounts(vip sub/box discount) so I only listed the number of boxes. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    ok Alex, pretend im a dumb ass. Can you explain the break down here a little.  So basically these numbers are for a legend (give or take, 5/1000 odds?)....So if I open 459 boxes, I have a 90% chance at pulling him?
    – The Great Houmy
    DFBB said:
    dkarski87 said:
    -138 boxes=50%(potw box)
    -200 boxes=63.3%
    -250 boxes=71.5%
    -459 boxes=90%
    -918 boxes=99%

We get boxes via gifts and cvc as well as discounts(vip sub/box discount) so I only listed the number of boxes. 
    Although I sorta knew this, it is truly sickening to see the raw numbers. 459,000 gold to have a 99%  expected chance of pulling the top player with .5% odds. And obviously, you could still walk away with NOTHING. 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    ok Alex, pretend im a dumb ass. Can you explain the break down here a little.  So basically these numbers are for a legend (give or take, 5/1000 odds?)....So if I open 459 boxes, I have a 90% chance at pulling him?
    That's right, the below is saying that in 138 boxes you would have a 49.9% chance of pulling the player one or more times. I posted a probability calculator on the 2020 forum, ill repost it today so guys have it.

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    This is a great thread to read when your tempted to chase a set!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:
    This is a great thread to read when your tempted to chase a set!
    It really is. I think everyone understand it takes a lot to get a guy. I don’t think many people understand what it would “reasonably” take to expect a good player, let  alone a top player. 
    This really does put it in perspective for you tho, how F.kn bad it really is. Obviously it doesn't factor in the luck aspect which we all have experienced, but in general the avg amount it takes blows your mind.
    – The Great Houmy
    And ATGs are still to come!
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Although once baseball season ends, the boxes tend to be a little kinder. I can’t remember if the odds improved but if not, my luck miraculously improved once the World Series was over. 
    Metsicans said:
    Although once baseball season ends, the boxes tend to be a little kinder. I can’t remember if the odds improved but if not, my luck miraculously improved once the World Series was over. 
    I think if i remember the odds that legends are now, will be what atgs start at and regular legends will get a lot easier.  
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    What makes this even more sickening is that they sell gold at a rate of 10k for $99.99 plus tax. So to get a top player in a box that translates to $4,600 real life money. That's just one player, from one box, which they release new ones every 2 days (and then more in between; POTW, POTM, Tue/Thurs boxes, occasional extra boxes on weekend, etcetera).

I do realize that most of us here are pretty good at the game and are quite thrifty/know how to manage resources, so it doesn't cost us that much, but going by Glu's base sale price of gold, that's how much one player costs. A player that gets used for a week, maximum, but more likely 2-3 days maximum.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    What makes this even more sickening is that they sell gold at a rate of 10k for $99.99 plus tax. So to get a top player in a box that translates to $4,600 real life money. That's just one player, from one box, which they release new ones every 2 days (and then more in between; POTW, POTM, Tue/Thurs boxes, occasional extra boxes on weekend, etcetera).

I do realize that most of us here are pretty good at the game and are quite thrifty/know how to manage resources, so it doesn't cost us that much, but going by Glu's base sale price of gold, that's how much one player costs. A player that gets used for a week, maximum, but more likely 2-3 days maximum.
    I’m not trying to defend the odds just the misconception that 10k gold is 99.99. That’s like tap 17-18 prices. Now you get gold anywhere from 22k to 36k for 99.99 depending on the specials. Again, that’s still like $2500 bucks but. They’ve made gold more available in bigger chunks. Unfortunately, it doesn’t go nearly as far based on the daily new boxes with horribly crappy odds. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I still view the base price of gold as what is offered when you go to specials and go to the 'gold' tab. Yes, if you're buying specials you probably get better deal. I'm just saying, if they value gold at 10k for 99.99, that's what I'll use in my own agenda against their box odds. Sure, when we talk specials and some paltry gold earned from event rewards, its more like $2500 instead of $4600. Still about $2495 more than what its worth imo.