Super guarantees

ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
I'm surprised no one has commented on this. I'm thinking about giving it a go but I'd like some feedback from someone who has done it. Is it worth it?

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    What are you talking about?
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    What are you talking about?
    The super guarantees on the boxes, once you hit the pity timer the 50/50, 4x better chance at getting a legend.. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    lol ah man those boxes areful. You still have a 95% chance of getting the common prime. Havent heard anyone pull a legend from those boxes..
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    lol ah man those boxes areful. You still have a 95% chance of getting the common prime. Havent heard anyone pull a legend from those boxes..
    Cheese and crackers man, even at 4x?!?! welp, I'm saving my gold and hoping to hit Freeman with CvC or gift boxes.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Cheese and crackers man, even at 4x?!?! welp, I'm saving my gold and hoping to hit Freeman with CvC or gift boxes.
    I mean 4x is pnly 2% for the 500 box and .8% for the 250 box. I hit the counter no fewer than 10x this weekend and pulled joc every time. Fact is you need to be unlucky to not pull a prime or better in 12/24 boxes then hope for extreme luck. The 4x being touted is very misleading. Still bad odds. Now if the “normal” odds were 2% for the top guarantee and it jumped to 8% on a super gurantee, then I’d expect to see some decent pulls. Fact is your getting the low level prime 99.5% of the time when your actually pulling a prime or better. 
    dkarski87 said:
    I mean 4x is pnly 2% for the 500 box and .8% for the 250 box. I hit the counter no fewer than 10x this weekend and pulled joc every time. Fact is you need to be unlucky to not pull a prime or better in 12/24 boxes then hope for extreme luck. The 4x being touted is very misleading. Still bad odds. Now if the “normal” odds were 2% for the top guarantee and it jumped to 8% on a super gurantee, then I’d expect to see some decent pulls. Fact is your getting the low level prime 99.5% of the time when your actually pulling a prime or better. 
    Awesome for explaining. I hope people will read this thread before wasting their gold for a low level prime that they'd probably get anyway through a gift or CvC.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

^ That was posted shortly after the weekend event started and it’s still there as of this writing. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    I didn’t expect to pull Giambi from the 24th 250 box but I hoped to have a decent shot at a 450. You’d think I knew glu well enough by now. 
  • spotspot Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    Lol ya got peterson total joke as usual
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    DFBB said:

^ That was posted shortly after the weekend event started and it’s still there as of this writing. 

Uhh! What’s your point?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    DFBB said:

Uhh! What’s your point?
    My point is that it explains exactly what it is. Obviously, OP didn't read the news. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:

Uhh! What’s your point?
    My point is that it explains exactly what it is. Obviously, OP didn't read the news. 
    The reason I asked was because I thought that  @jalapenocubbies did an awesome job of breaking it down, so your posting (IMHO) was a bit harsh, unnecessary and quite frankly out of character for you considering you’re usually very helpful. But then again I guess we all have off days. 
  • Taknadump111Taknadump111 Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    Read the news, got the guarantee box several times and now Joc is lvl'ed up to B7! 
    edited August 2021
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:

Uhh! What’s your point?
    Umm... Dude obviously you didn't read my original post. I didn't ask what it was, I clearly asked that if someone has hit the pity timer if it's worth spending the gold, if it was any better than usual, because I was thinking of giving it a whirl. Thank you again @jalapenocubbies and @dkarski87 for actually answering my question.

Obviously it is not worth it, just another gold and real money black hole set out by Glu.
    I mean technically it is “better” @Toughthundercats . But yeah it’s far from great. 4x awful is just slightly less awful. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited August 2021
    Someone did the math and it equated to basically instead of 1 in 500 odds for the cheap box, with this update its like 1 in 492.67 or something like that. It assumed you hit the pity timer every time too, so it was a generous calculation. 

So not even a mentionable change, imo, and hilarious they advertise it with all of the excitement and exclamation points. They do literally think we are all morons. 

I'd rather they not make me back out of the box and go switch up and open a different box. It already takes over an hour to open boxes and setup your team. Usually by the time I've opened 2,000 boxes I don't even feel like playing at that point.
    I’d agree. The “super guarantee” and “4x” while, yes it is better than the odds, it’s certainly presented as a way to make people Think they will almost surely pull the top player, and/or a high level prime. Just not the case and not even close. They are far from the only company to use that tactic so not going to fault them. I just knew that I was getting Joc regardless. 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I mean the odds are clearly stated (shockingly). If you’re buying them at 1/4 the odds of the super guarantee box (1/2 the odds of the other guarantee box), then uve basically decided its worth it. I think its a nice little add but not enough where it should sway your buy/dont buy decision unless u end up like 2 or 3 from the guarantee at the end of the event. I would try to avoid basing decisions on the small sample experiences of other guys.
    I mean the odds are clearly stated (shockingly). If you’re buying them at 1/4 the odds of the super guarantee box (1/2 the odds of the other guarantee box), then uve basically decided its worth it. I think its a nice little add but not enough where it should sway your buy/dont buy decision unless u end up like 2 or 3 from the guarantee at the end of the event. I would try to avoid basing decisions on the small sample experiences of other guys.
    I get that, as it has happened I have gotten within 2-3 of the pity timer with the 500g boxes, with free gifts and CvC and Bash, global challenge and buying that global challenge deal, I got the low end prime. Happened twice through weekend never was allowed to make it to the pity timer. Also got half way with 250g and got low end prime.🤷
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    So...is the general consensus is that this essentially the same thing as the prime or better pity timer, but worded differently to put lipstick on a pig, so to speak?
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    edited August 2021
    So...is the general consensus is that this essentially the same thing as the prime or better pity timer, but worded differently to put lipstick on a pig, so to speak?
    I've just chatted two of the other active club members of my club they went for the pity timer multiple times over the weekend and pulled nothing more than the low end prime. They each thought that with the 4x thing they would use their gold. Both are in for about 200k each. So they decided not to play the game this weekend. My experience is on the opposite side not spending any of my gold stash, I never made it to the pity timer before pulling the low end prime but only once nabbing the 450.  So it seems to me as if it's no different, just different wording and a lot of lipstick to make this hideous warthog look at all tempting.
    I think lost in this is the gurantee was already 2x. Meaning on the 500 box if you got to the timer it was 1% not .5%. So this weekend you had a 50% Chance to get the normal 1% legend, 4% 450 prime and 95% Joc on the guarantee or a box that was 2% legend, 4% 450 prime and 94% Joc. So yeah, still bad. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    The odds are still not very good but I wonder how much extra spending that Glu generated by doing this. 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    edited August 2021
    I mean its explained accurately in the news, the super guarantee box has 4x the odds at the legend than a normal box. It’s just not very exciting considering how low the normal box odds are. So however you want to label that, to me it would be “better but still bad.”
    I mean its explained accurately in the news, the super guarantee box has 4x the odds at the legend than a normal box. It’s just not very exciting considering how low the normal box odds are. So however you want to label that, to me it would be “better but still bad.”
    Quite honestly anything would be better than we we had. But it is all still poison no which way you cut it and makes us sick to our stomachs.