Options

Perplexed

JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
Ok brilliant minds… can anyone explain this? @DFBB (since I know you have him) have you seen this today? Green is 3.10, Bieber is 4.10 and Nola is 5.10

Comments

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Im guessing it changes based on the strength of the pitcher you face? just a guess.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    That’s about the best I got too @dkarski87. Just doesn’t make sense that my hit rate is dropping but it’s still walk off hero 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    yea who knows man, no idea why that would impact the ratings.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I'm not sure what happened. After reading your post, I took a s/s of my Jram's ratings against the same pitchers that you posted and mine were all identical. I'm stumped. lol
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    JTANDME said:
    Ok brilliant minds… can anyone explain this? @DFBB (since I know you have him) have you seen this today? Green is 3.10, Bieber is 4.10 and Nola is 5.10

Just curious, but did a live boost occur during that 678? That would be the only thing I could think that would change them. 
  • Options
    jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Very odd. The only difference I can see is you're getting an extra 3ish percent in the round where there is a runner on base. I'd be curious to see if it's 819 every round that start with a baserunner for some reason. It still wouldn't make any sense but it would be good info for you to have for choosing when to use him. 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I think a live boost would be displayed in green on the stats overlay underneath the yellow skill/xfactor boost. So its not that. 

Weirdness.
  • Options
    @jalapenocubbies - No live boost. My team was off yesterday and I am not one that changes for WOH. 
  • Options
    @jmsorioles33 - that is the only thing I see different as well. Doesn't make sense but best I got as to why. 

FWIW - pitcher skills on Nola should have both been off as he is a vs RHB and Close. I believe (from collections) Bieber would have the same skills. Green is a single skill 2 out (again from collections).
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Which of the 2 examples are correct given the skills boost/x factors?  
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited September 2021
    JTANDME said:

FWIW - pitcher skills on Nola should have both been off as he is a vs RHB and Close. I believe (from collections) Bieber would have the same skills. Green is a single skill 2 out (again from collections).
    Pitcher skills don't work. The only thing that will help pitchers are xfactors and the 'live boost.' If you're not convinced, mess around with it on payoff pitch. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I have messed around with it and nothing changed   It’s probably the last time that I invest in pitcher skills 
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    DFBB said:
    JTANDME said:

Pitcher skills don't work. The only thing that will help pitchers are xfactors and the 'live boost.' If you're not convinced, mess around with it on payoff pitch. 
    Pitchers have always been a vanity project, mostly good for building TS and little else. My prime Gilbert with skills leveled modestly has a .06 ERA. Would a legend with maxed skills benefit me in any way? Marginally, I guess, but no material impact. 

Now, should pitcher skills work if we’re paying for them? Sure, but I don’t think it would change in-game performance at all. 
  • Options
    So I watched today in WOH and here is the results:
    1-10: 794 (bases loaded)
    2-10: 794 (corners)
    3-10: 794 (2nd)
    4-10: 794 (empty)
    5:10: 794 (1st)

By the math, he is a 794. He is 857 with the 20 gold/video boost. Really not sure where that 819 came from but it looks like it is back where it needs to be.