Friendly Reminder for 9/3/21: It Is VIP Weekend, New Prime Format, and Double Gold, So Box Odds

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
edited September 2021 in General TSB Discussion

Will be worse than usual. 

Keep this in mind when you are ready to chase all those players for those sets today! It will cost you more. Always does the first weekend of the month.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Prev13

Comments

• xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Welcome to VIP Garbage Day!  We'll probably get another OF, or Catcher, or 1B, or 3B, or SS, or 2B (did I get them all?)
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts

Will be worse than usual. 

Keep this in mind when you are ready to chase all those players for those sets today! It will cost you more. Always does the first weekend of the month.

Boxes are terrible for me regardless of what weekend it is. If I already can’t pull top players doesn’t matter what they do lol. 
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    3, 2, 1........
  • awlsabermetrics1awlsabermetrics1 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    From the free gift.. total shock lol
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    xracman said:
    Welcome to VIP Garbage Day!  We'll probably get another OF, or Catcher, or 1B, or 3B, or SS, or 2B (did I get them all?)
    Dang, you named all positions for position players. I know Glu is good at creating a bunch of b/s but creating positions I don't think so...
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    xracman said:
    Love the sarcasm. lol
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    xracman said:
    I love the sarcasm, but everyone knows we are being overloaded with players this year compared to years past. We've had a 1B in every box for over a week.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Catchers have been inundated as well
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    xracman said:
    I love the sarcasm, but everyone knows we are being overloaded with players this year compared to years past. We've had a 1B in every box for over a week.
    You're going to love that the new potm bats are all 1b. Can't wait to see how that's glu's fault. hahaha
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    3x** the chance at a legend! 

**please not they also added “top” legends for the same bad odds they’ve been shoving down our throats since day 1 this season. So while they can pretend this was an “improvement” once again the best players are continuing with their garbage odds. 3x chance at a 3B with Terrible skills combo or a reliever. This was exactly what I was afraid. A “we hear you” moment where they clearly didn’t. Oh also, the 100k fan rewards legend is gone so now you can drop 100k and get nothing again. 

Great, I make a reply about two 3B being top prizes in the 500 box, now my comments are flagged for approval

DFBB said:
    xracman said:
    You're going to love that the new potm bats are all 1b. Can't wait to see how that's glu's fault. hahaha

Well, I DO operate in reality, @DFBB. I understand that.

However, two 3B as two of the top pulls in the 500 box is what I'm talking about. This is  happening repeatedly, then Monday's box will likely have another 3B, C, etc.  You have Bench as a big pull as well, then another C as a 450 in the 250 box.

Again, I appreciate the white knighting for GLU, but c'mon. This is beyond insanity. THAT'S what folks are annoyed with.

There is no 450 prime catcher in the 250 box, and there was no 1B prime or better in the Wednesday box. I understand what you’re saying Doc but really we’ve said it 50x. There are 6 positions they can use and they release 6 boxes a week. Not including potm, potw, and any other pop ups they do. Every position is flooded it’s not 1 specific. It’s just a product of the way they are running the game. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Maybe its time TSB adds a new position...maybe a utility player lol, idk
    "If you can't beat them, report them"

There is no 450 prime catcher in the 250 box, and there was no 1B prime or better in the Wednesday box. I understand what you’re saying Doc but really we’ve said it 50x. There are 6 positions they can use and they release 6 boxes a week. Not including potm, potw, and any other pop ups they do. Every position is flooded it’s not 1 specific. It’s just a product of the way they are running the game. 

My bad, I'm thinking of the player everyone will pull 8 million times this weekend: C Sean Murphy.

Yes, I understand. My point is and has been all year that they are putting way too many players. Period. All the extra boxes this year dictates that. I get it.

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yea I agree with @jalapenocubbies here. Odds were not increased at all. Misdirection again like they did everyone a favour. And no more guarantee on players. Same thing as always. 1 step forward, 3 steps back.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Just a couple essentially impossible sets too yeesh
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Seeing as how the box odds are horrible to pull a legend what would the odds be of collecting either one of theses sets? 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Earlier, I was going to ask if the WOH chart from last week is still correct. Then I saw the 390 player reward and choked on my coffee. So much for that event. Playoff pitch has basically same resources with at least a chance for better than a 390. All in all looks like a wasted weekend event.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Damn, I dunno if I have amazing luck or horrible luck.  I got one whole Kyle Farmer in 11 boxes and the rest was pxp/lxp.  Still have two more boxes to open.  We all know the next box is a guaranteed Luis Castillo... you know, because the boxes aren't rigged or anything.  Maybe it's because I stopped watching videos for gold this year.  I'll open the rest later, gotta go buy some Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich pringles.
    Just no.  

Just noticed catcher #3 is in fan rewards too.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

tshea510 said:
    Earlier, I was going to ask if the WOH chart from last week is still correct. Then I saw the 390 player reward and choked on my coffee. So much for that event. Playoff pitch has basically same resources with at least a chance for better than a 390. All in all looks like a wasted weekend event.
    Yea the player for woh is dumpy. Only reason ive beat it so far is need to stock up on some cash so between it and pitch it is mindless but at least builds some resources for free
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Damn, I dunno if I have amazing luck or horrible luck.  I got one whole Kyle Farmer in 11 boxes and the rest was pxp/lxp.  Still have two more boxes to open.  We all know the next box is a guaranteed Luis Castillo... you know, because the boxes aren't rigged or anything.  Maybe it's because I stopped watching videos for gold this year.  I'll open the rest later, gotta go buy some Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich pringles.
    Those Pringles you speak of are decadent. Pairs well with a cold lager.
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    dkarski87 said:
    Yea I agree with @jalapenocubbies here. Odds were not increased at all. Misdirection again like they did everyone a favour. And no more guarantee on players. Same thing as always. 1 step forward, 3 steps back.
    Removing the player at 100k made me the most mad. The odds suck, that doesn’t appear to be changing ever. But now there is no consolation prize for spending that much. Last week I spent 120k gold and got 2 legends, because I got the 100k fan awards. This week, I spent 120k and got 1 legend. The 3x legend pull rate is probably reallt nice for guys who don’t spend, as it’s still a “better” chance for a better player. But if you spend and play regularly, nothing changes. The top player is still borderline impossible to pull. Just put in a good legend back at 100k. Atleast do something beneficial for the guys willing to spend Instead of continuing to just gouge is every day, every event with the offensive odds. 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Thanks for all the post guys!  Not to be mean but reading about your struggles helps me stay grounded.  The reality is, glu will not change as long as they are making money hand over fist off guys chasing the rainbow.  Just glad I’m watching vs chasing, hope you all can join me!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard

The 100K gold to get 20K LXP is trash as well. Seems like it was 50K last year after 100K gold spent.

At diamond, this is insanity. Need to spend nearly $1K to get a decent set and level.

I quit downloading videos months ago as well. Just pointless when you know you will pull the worst Prime over and over and over and over and over and over

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Whenever I've taken a break from the game in the past, it was always forced and I was easily sucked back in. For the first time, probably ever, I'm having feelings of just basic disinterest. The whole tapping my screen 4000 times over the course of 90 minutes to setup my team every single event has finally started to wear on me, perhaps.

I didnt buy any boxes today. Logged on to get VIP gifts only. Got the 2x of course. You spend $50,000 and they're like "cool, here's a 430 prime... maybe... if you're lucky"
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I see things haven’t changed one bit 👀😃 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Reality is, if you are a F2P player the game has never been better. If you have endless spending money it’s never mattered anyway. You’re Effed if you’re in then middle it seems. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Reality is, if you are a F2P player the game has never been better. If you have endless spending money it’s never mattered anyway. You’re Effed if you’re in then middle it seems. 
    Sounds like the pandemic. F2P are the lower class living it up with a bunch of unemployment benefits and eviction protections, the rich barely notice anything’s happening, and the rest of the population keeps on working for no extra benefit? 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71