Friendly Reminder for 9/3/21: It Is VIP Weekend, New Prime Format, and Double Gold, So Box Odds

Comments

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Reality is, if you are a F2P player the game has never been better. If you have endless spending money it’s never mattered anyway. You’re Effed if you’re in then middle it seems. 
    Sounds like the pandemic. F2P are the lower class living it up with a bunch of unemployment benefits and eviction protections, the rich barely notice anything’s happening, and the rest of the population keeps on working for no extra benefit? 

• TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    I'm glad I came back. Honestly. Got everyone this weekend so easy. Thanks glu 👍💪🙌
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I'm glad I came back. Honestly. Got everyone this weekend so easy. Thanks glu 👍💪🙌
    Gross. I will continue to tip the talent at your establishment less than usual as long as you play this “game.”
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    We're glad to have you back. And hats off to you for the HR derby glitch. its been a real nice weekend so far...
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Awww Man!!!!  Do I have to give you your autotapper back?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • awlsabermetrics1awlsabermetrics1 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    Sounds like the pandemic. F2P are the lower class living it up with a bunch of unemployment benefits and eviction protections, the rich barely notice anything’s happening, and the rest of the population keeps on working for no extra benefit? 
    Idk @retirepujols as a f2p lower class person as you say, i think it could be a whole lot worse. I could be dumping hundreds and thousands of dollars on a game we all know is a scam and then come here to complain about it.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited September 2021
    Idk @retirepujols as a f2p lower class person as you say, i think it could be a whole lot worse. I could be dumping hundreds and thousands of dollars on a game we all know is a scam and then come here to complain about it.
    YES! I mean you’re still tormenting yourself by playing this “game,” but at least you aren’t paying! I just came back to the forum to make fun of @TyroneEastwood for playing again, no way in hell I’d subject myself to this app (it’s not even really a game) again 🤮 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    @retirepujols: You need to hold a workshop

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Reality is, if you are a F2P player the game has never been better. If you have endless spending money it’s never mattered anyway. You’re Effed if you’re in then middle it seems. 
    I really do agree with this.  I enjoy the basic things a lot more as an F2P casual gold player this year as opposed to when I was a weekly FP, high activity diamond team last year when I felt everything I did was a chore and it was just an endless cycle of time and money.   And if I get bored I just don’t open the app and I’m good.   Like it way better 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @Mattattack couldn’t agree more! I feel like I quit my second job 
    @mattattack: I wish I had done that as well, or max at Plat.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Did the Diamond thing last year and got bored really quick of the constant BG grind.  Decided to stay at gold.  Only bought one FP this year, never by a special over 9.99, and even then only if there's a player I like.  Only spent more than 10K gold on an event once.  

I can level every player I want to keep and turn my roster over about every two weeks.  Pulled Sabo from a free box and 450 Lopez, but don't need him because I got Ripken at G10/23/22.  Saved enough LXP to level my next 6 random legend pulls to G10.  No pressure, no stress, no worries about box odds.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    @Mattattack couldn’t agree more! I feel like I quit my second job 
    When a game is stressful and not fun, it’s no longer a game 
    YES! I mean you’re still tormenting yourself by playing this “game,” but at least you aren’t paying! I just came back to the forum to make fun of @TyroneEastwood for playing again, no way in hell I’d subject myself to this app (it’s not even really a game) again 🤮 
    He cant help himself. The guy was born with 3 thumbs. Tap was his calling in life. 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    He cant help himself. The guy was born with 3 thumbs. Tap was his calling in life. 
    Is it a pants thumb?!?  That would be impressive... and a must see.
    Just no.  
  • rgh001rgh001 Registered Users, Member 178 Posts
    We're glad to have you back. And hats off to you for the HR derby glitch. its been a real nice weekend so far...
    What is the hr derby glitch 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    xracman said:
    Did the Diamond thing last year and got bored really quick of the constant BG grind.  Decided to stay at gold.  Only bought one FP this year, never by a special over 9.99, and even then only if there's a player I like.  Only spent more than 10K gold on an event once.  

I can level every player I want to keep and turn my roster over about every two weeks.  Pulled Sabo from a free box and 450 Lopez, but don't need him because I got Ripken at G10/23/22.  Saved enough LXP to level my next 6 random legend pulls to G10.  No pressure, no stress, no worries about box odds.
    I just like opening boxes. So if I wasn’t diamond I wouldn’t be able to play at all because they’ve made it so hard to pull players you have to spend endless gold to have a chance to pull anything. I will say for the first time In my 5 seasons playing I am kinda getting over it. I already stopped trying during the week, and the idea of the same cycle of play all week to build resources, spend it all and get little to no return on the weekend, then rinse and repeat. It has really sucked a lot of the fun out Of the game. Things like barrell house, rally etc they are fine additions but end of the day for me pulling players is fun, and we overturn rosters so often other than just gouging customers I don’t understand the approach they took this year. At the current pace I’d be shocked if I make it to ATGs at this pace. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited September 2021
    @jalapenocubbies same, I didn't play all weekend and am currently weighing options between getting soused poolside all day or opening boxes for 2 hrs straight today and then playing woh for 10 more hrs in a labor day guantlet. Honestly the 2 hrs of opening boxes to get everyone has become just as much of a deterrent as the cost/$...

Think I have a good idea which one I'll pick
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @jalapenocubbies same, I didn't play all weekend and am currently weighing options between getting soused poolside all day or opening boxes for 2 hrs straight today and then playing woh for 10 more hrs in a labor day guantlet. Honestly the 2 hrs of opening boxes to get everyone has become just as much of a deterrent as the cost/$...

Think I have a good idea which one I'll pick
    I don’t open boxes during the week unless they are free. Game isn’t sustainable to play every event and chase everyday. Hell is not even sustainable to play only weekends. It’s the product of their setup though. Like I said, f2p or endless pockets are really the only way to play now. WOH is incredibly boring again as I don’t need pxp and have no desire to spend hours cycling for a crummy prime. I don’t really understand the 3 tiers of woh anymore. I thought this was implemented to make the top tower hard, but worth the effort? Now the top tier has crappy awards and the other 2 towers are rendered useless. 
    1-5 with this matchup today. Am I missing something or did they crank up the difficulty today? I know that I’m only silver but this should be a no-contest in my favor. To make matters worse J-ram lost in 3-10 while his hitting is over 5x the pitchers stuff without getting a straight pitch. Doc, where are you at today?I feel like I need some back-up. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Is that 3.8? Was like that the last WOH as well, but it was doable for me. 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    I likely won’t play much, if at all, until the prize is decent and LXP is offered. 

Between hurricane Ida and my personal life, I may finally break this habit. I don’t have extra income to spend due to recovery efforts. This game is too expensive and I don’t feel like opening boxes to get a 430 player repeatedly 

@tshea510 yes it was 3-8. 1-8 now 
    @drsmartassphd good to hear that you’re ok. I’m sure that it’s a mess down there. Good luck getting things back together 
    2003cobra said:
    @drsmartassphd good to hear that you’re ok. I’m sure that it’s a mess down there. Good luck getting things back together 
    Much appreciated!

• cooperstownredscooperstownreds Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    For whatever reason,  they won't even give me VIP. Every year they dangle a carrot and I chase it. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    VIP is money spent, nothing more to it.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • cooperstownredscooperstownreds Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    That's what my club members say. However glu tells me I need to contribute on social media and forums. 

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    rubbish. All about $$ spent.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    That's what my club members say. However glu tells me I need to contribute on social media and forums. 

Thats just a Cut and Paste response from CS. Like Karski said, its all about money spent.  I think its roughly 1000-1200$ USD