Best box?

jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
I’ve been pretty pissed about the odds for a long time and between this weekend and yesterday it was my breaking point. 

With that said, it’s kind of a miracle they released this box today. 250 gold, for a 1.5% Chance at a legend(who still has 3 events left as a bonus), plus a prime guarantee counter. I hope they get a clue and make these odds regularly, although I highly doubt it. It’s amazing to not look at the odds of a box and not he totally offended. Kudos on this box, hopefully it sticks. 
Prev1

Comments

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    #BestBoxOfTheYearThread
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    #BestBoxOfTheYearThread
    Yeah I mean, that would certainly be a much shorter thread. It’s really just sad that we have to celebrate any box that isn’t asking for ATG odds for the top prize. In the end, it’s a good box so I have to atleast give them credit for this. 

But also, doing this after they punched us in the face daily since day 1 this year isn’t being forgotten either. I fully expect trash odds to be back tomorrow either way. Maybe they’ll surprise us. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I saw it and immediately felt like it was a mistake. I guess we see 
    I saw it and immediately felt like it was a mistake. I guess we see 
    Agree. I did not think it was correct but I wasn’t going to wait to find out. Again,  crazy how trained they’ve made us that anytime there seems to be anything remotely in favor of the players, we all just assume it was a mistake 🤦‍♂️.
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    You convinced me to burn 2500 gold with my F2P team.  Pulled Nettles with a Fan Rewards box.
    Glu is the best.
    #BestBoxOfTheYearThread
    Yeah I mean, that would certainly be a much shorter thread. It’s really just sad that we have to celebrate any box that isn’t asking for ATG odds for the top prize. In the end, it’s a good box so I have to atleast give them credit for this. 

But also, doing this after they punched us in the face daily since day 1 this year isn’t being forgotten either. I fully expect trash odds to be back tomorrow either way. Maybe they’ll surprise us. 
    Oh for sure.   Its a nice change and it will be cool if it lasts.   I guess it all depends how things go today
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited September 2021
    You can tell that the numbers haven't been what they want lately, or else there wouldn't be all this switching around recently. They're trying all sorts of different things to increase numbers: 100k fan rewards legend, 4x guarantee boxes, triple rates for less desirable legends. Lots of blindfolded dart throwing going on here lately.

When the numbers start reaching the goals that have been set, you'll see the experiments come to an end. Its my theory as to why ATG odds on non-ATG players stuck for so long- because people kept playing and spending. Eventually I think people became fed up with it (I mean really, so many people are quitting lately or stopped spending)

Maybe try raising box odds, ever heard of it GLU?
    I’m not sure why they did it. I know the 3x legend odds didn’t go over well for a lot of the heavy players. The f2p guys liked it, but end of the day it was still crap odds for the top player. We’re also getting to the slow point so who knows. As I said repeatedly and I think you agree. It’s hard for me to sit here and let them punch us in the face all season with ATG odds to see them try and spin any of these things they are trying. In the end, today’s box was the first time, probably all season, I wasn’t just completely offended by a box. I hope it stays, I just don’t expect it too. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    You nailed it buddy, the season is coming to a close. So now you will start to see "juiced rates" "more loyalty boxes" etc....little things that we already had last year as part of the discussion with the development team. Then they basically took it all away when the year started and busted out the lube. Its the same song and dance every year. Im not sure I understand when you guys say its never been better for f2p players, Alex says the same thing. What makes this year's changes better for them? I dont see why it would be better for them. Do they get better box odds then the rest of us? lol
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    You nailed it buddy, the season is coming to a close. So now you will start to see "juiced rates" "more loyalty boxes" etc....little things that we already had last year as part of the discussion with the development team. Then they basically took it all away when the year started and busted out the lube. Its the same song and dance every year. Im not sure I understand when you guys say its never been better for f2p players, Alex says the same thing. What makes this year's changes better for them? I dont see why it would be better for them. Do they get better box odds then the rest of us? lol
    Because they generally aren’t box junkies like us. They more often than not use the guys we consider as crappy woh guys. They don’t always care about the “top players” so they look at the “3x legend pull rate” as a win. With all the gifts they give out them pulling the low prime while it sucks for big spenders, some guys actually use them and the repull rate on the bxp and pxp guys, plus woh they can stack pxp. Again, it’s mostly just a lot of things we find annoying, works for them. Add in now the Fan Rewards guy is guaranteed at 5k, the bxp/easy to obtain bonus sets. 

I think we’re talking the true f2p guys. They can build what they’d consider a solid team, and score a decent amount of points for them with little to no gold spent. 
    edited September 2021
    When you don't play for points, the game is viewed through an entirely different scope.    You are able to slow things down and appreciate more of the little things.    That's basically the way I play now because it just works for me.

I mean dont get my wrong I love opening boxes too but Ill take what I can get from cvc and gifts with the multiplier and be fine and move on.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    When you don't play for points, the game is viewed through an entirely different scope.    You are able to slow things down and appreciate more of the little things.    That's basically the way I play now because it just works for me.

I mean dont get my wrong I love opening boxes too but Ill take what I can get from cvc and gifts with the multiplier and be fine and move on.
    Could not agree more. Exactly!
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @jalapenocubbies you’ve made several good points that I totally agree with. Don’t get me wrong when I say that I like to have the top players but I’ll use what Glu gives me. I can get through WOH easily enough and some days I only care to get to top tier for the rewards. I don’t feel the need to chase sets and most of the time I don’t use my resources to level guys if I do have a set. I’m in a solo club without a holder so I can’t bounce to different clubs to put up points and help somebody out anymore. Being silver I don’t have to cycle d6 anymore so I don’t earn the gold like diamond guys do therefore there’s really no chasing players(I don’t watch videos either). I make my living from cvc and freebies but I have enough lxp to level 30 legends so it’s nice to level up guys anytime that you want. As Jedd mentioned Glu must not be getting the numbers that they are looking for and I’m sure that’s the case. The less that we spend as a collective group possibly the better the odds get. All of us f2p guys are trying to help improve the box odds by not spending. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Its not a good box.  We've all just been conditioned to accept anything better than the norm. The season is coming to an end, and the vast audience will be fading away. 1.5% odds at a legend is not good. Face it
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    agree to disagree. It’s 1.5% odds on a 250 box so 3x the odds of a 500 box at half the cost. Nothing will ever been perfect but this is the best value for a top prize we’ve seen all season. Again, I fully
    admit I doubt this continues. But as I said, for 1 day I didn’t look at the box and just get angry. 
    Doubt we ever see 4% weekend and 7% weekday for top prize again (and those were not 'end of the season' odds; I know for a fact vsLHP/LateInnings Edmonds was 7% on a Monday box and he was a 490). But, I'd take half that in a heart beat. I mean even 1% sounds good to me at this point, but I still think that is too low without some 'light at the end of the tunnel' type of guarantee that keeps customers from shelling out $300, $400, $1000 and not getting jack.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Doubt we ever see 4% weekend and 7% weekday for top prize again (and those were not 'end of the season' odds; I know for a fact vsLHP/LateInnings Edmonds was 7% on a Monday box and he was a 490). But, I'd take half that in a heart beat. I mean even 1% sounds good to me at this point, but I still think that is too low without some 'light at the end of the tunnel' type of guarantee that keeps customers from shelling out $300, $400, $1000 and not getting jack.
    I agree 100%. At the end of the day it requires luck to pull players. Just obviously the higher the odds the better. To me it’s all about the guarantee or knowing that a chase will come to an end, regardless of what that amount is. If it’s high, while
    I won’t like it, you can decide if you want to do it or not. The current setup it is impossible to even spend your way out of a chase. The fun part of the game is pulling players and using them. We overturn our rosters weekly, so these odds have nothing to do with players being “exclusive”. 
    What’s worse than the box odds? No boxes at noon! Or is that better?
    2003cobra said:
    What’s worse than the box odds? No boxes at noon! Or is that better?

0% odds!! They've outdone themselves once again
    @JEDDDOGGY and you thought that it couldn’t get any worse 
    Worst skillset paired with incorrect position. 👏👏👏
    Someone in our club pulled Carew 12x before getting Dante. 145k. JFC.
    @CanadaCubs he has been playing OF since he came back from the IL. Ill have to give Glu credit on this one 
    Touché
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Jeez Wednesday is boring  🥱… they need to do something to peak interest on Wednesdays 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Jeez Wednesday is boring  🥱… they need to do something to peak interest on Wednesdays 
    Better WoH royale awards would be a good place to start with 
    Legit the only day I care to play for obvious reasons being diamond. For me everyday is the same since I don’t play woh anymore. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Quite honestly we complained last year about the legend award for WoH royale being so far behind the curve never thinking that at this point in time we will be cycling a 390 bxp player. Bring back the behind curve legend. I'm sorry I ever complained. When you think it couldn't get any worse don't ever fool yourselves it obviously does.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited September 2021
    Quite honestly we complained last year about the legend award for WoH royale being so far behind the curve never thinking that at this point in time we will be cycling a 390 bxp player. Bring back the behind curve legend. I'm sorry I ever complained. When you think it couldn't get any worse don't ever fool yourselves it obviously does.
    Take the lousy reward, take it to B10, go play PP for same resources (basically) AND a box with chances at something, then when bored, cycle WOH again to save a whopping 40 gold, and hope  the guy is worth bonus points Thursday <yawn>
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    The way I look at it WoH keeps me stocked with bxp for skills or if I want to buy PotW/PotM.  Yeah I’d like some more lxp, fortunately for me club event rewards have allowed me to level 2 legends so far.  At diamond those 390s still score at least some points and they’ve thrown them in sets at times too.  I haven’t spent since May but the D6s and club gold have kept me able to push my somewhat casual Majors club to a few top 10s and fairly frequent top 25s.