Who to update?

hqly2001hqly2001 Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
I’m new to game. How do you determine who to update or not rank up? Your favorite players? They all have relatively similar ratings and can’t really see skills or stats for each players. Are all players set to perform the dame at similar ratings or are some a lot better? Which type do you rank up first? Blue xp players? I’d imagine a 300 bxp is the same as an orange xp player with same ranking?

Comments

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Take a screenshot of your roster and resources. Lots of people here that can help

"If you can't beat them, report them"
  • hqly2001hqly2001 Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    Im unable to screen shot from my phone. In general do all same rated players have same ability?

i noticed that sometimes i use franchise coins to rent a max player, he doesn’t ay and sometimes he is automatically in the lineup. How do i out him in?
    edited September 2021
    If youre getting a franchise player, then you need to unlock the position this franchise player will assume. Also, set your roster to "potential" under the 'strategy' tab. 

Youre basically asking how to play this game. im not sure how easy that is to do. It would literally take pages to write.  Im also unsure why you cant take a screenshot. 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    You need to look at the numbers as all players are not the same.  One 300 player may have a high speed rating then another but a lower hit or power rating, which is more important to you?  Skills are very important so determine which are more valuable, tons of info on these topics in this forum.  I suggest you take some time are read it.  Resources are also very important so don’t just max everyone, be selective.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    hqly2001 said:
    Im unable to screen shot from my phone. In general do all same rated players have same ability?

i noticed that sometimes i use franchise coins to rent a max player, he doesn’t ay and sometimes he is automatically in the lineup. How do i out him in?
    A franchise player will only get put in your lineup if he’s replacing a player with a lower rating. So put a scrub in that position to get the FP in the lineup. Since you can’t take a SS, ask us more specific questions and we can give our opinions and strategies. Everybody plays a little different so you’re gonna get some different feedback which is a good thing. There’s a lot of good dudes on here that can help you out. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Level up all of the 1B and Catchers you can get your hands on.  There should be at least 7 1B this weekend and 3 Catchers. That seems to be the norm lately.  Then next week will likely be 6-7 more 3B, and 7-8 more OF.

There are plenty of players to go around. Make sure you spend hundreds of dollars on resources too.  You will need them.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Level up all of the 1B and Catchers you can get your hands on.  There should be at least 7 1B this weekend and 3 Catchers. That seems to be the norm lately.  Then next week will likely be 6-7 more 3B, and 7-8 more OF.

There are plenty of players to go around. Make sure you spend hundreds of dollars on resources too.  You will need them.

Just curious, why level all 1b and c? I can only start 3 of them including dh. What do you mean by hundreds of dollars on resources? Do you mean buy packs with gold? I converted all my helmets and stuff for cash.. got a few million but empty in gold.
    2003cobra said:
    hqly2001 said:

A franchise player will only get put in your lineup if he’s replacing a player with a lower rating. So put a scrub in that position to get the FP in the lineup. Since you can’t take a SS, ask us more specific questions and we can give our opinions and strategies. Everybody plays a little different so you’re gonna get some different feedback which is a good thing. There’s a lot of good dudes on here that can help you out. 
    Thanks. I focus on maxing my starting line up out. Just takes a while to earn Evo to upgrade. Any easy way to upgrade? I used to try to score a lot of pts each week during events so i upgrade and use gold to buy box for the players that earn bonus that week. I do the same to an extent now. I upgrade to gold then stop before paying gold and evo for next upgrade. Diminished bxp if i continue to upgrade then trade in if i go any higher.
    What level are you? Also, don’t listen to Docs sarcastic advice. Also, I only level players skills if I plan on keeping them on my roster and I only use pxp on skills of my woh guys. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    hqly2001 said:
    2003cobra said:
    hqly2001 said:

Thanks. I focus on maxing my starting line up out. Just takes a while to earn Evo to upgrade. Any easy way to upgrade? I used to try to score a lot of pts each week during events so i upgrade and use gold to buy box for the players that earn bonus that week. I do the same to an extent now. I upgrade to gold then stop before paying gold and evo for next upgrade. Diminished bxp if i continue to upgrade then trade in if i go any higher.
    In your other thread I said create your legend and level him to his max and then work on his skill(s). He will be your best player since obviously you are just starting out. Don't mess with many of the bxp players use them to build up bxp. You will be constantly  turning your roster over so be very choosy on who you level so you aren't wasting resources on a player that will be replaced a couple days later.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    hqly2001 said:

Just curious, why level all 1b and c? I can only start 3 of them including dh. What do you mean by hundreds of dollars on resources? Do you mean buy packs with gold? I converted all my helmets and stuff for cash.. got a few million but empty in gold.
    Take a good look at his name, all you need to know. Ignore his advice, he’s been in the Glu dog house for years and can’t seem to find his way out. But aside from the bones he buries and forgets where, send him a case of Kleenex every so often, he goes through them a LOT! 😎 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    Best advice to give to someone new- Dont go past gold on your first year. Second would be to find a less predatory game to play
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Best advice to give to someone new- Dont go past gold on your first year. Second would be to find a less predatory game to play
    Ummm……Don’t go past Silver EVER! 
    Of course, I do like throwing out raw meat occasionally for the wolves to pounce on 😎

But gotta agree with CC on the predatory aspect. But be smart and it won’t be a problem.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    2003cobra said:
    What level are you? Also, don’t listen to Docs sarcastic advice. Also, I only level players skills if I plan on keeping them on my roster and I only use pxp on skills of my woh guys. 
    Woh guys? So you try to max some guys for woh? I’ve been upgrading players each week to earn pts.. then i trade them in.. maybe not the best strategy. Earns my team pts but little else. Is pxp same as evo?
    Pxp is what you use to level your prime players and skills as you get farther. Evo is what you use to level players from one tier to the the next-b10 to s1 requires evo. Increasing skills on a player also requires some evo 
    tshea510 said:
    Ummm……Don’t go past Silver EVER! 
    Of course, I do like throwing out raw meat occasionally for the wolves to pounce on 😎

But gotta agree with CC on the predatory aspect. But be smart and it won’t be a problem.
    Unless you accidentally go gold🤣🤷
    hqly2001 said:
    2003cobra said:
    Woh guys? So you try to max some guys for woh? I’ve been upgrading players each week to earn pts.. then i trade them in.. maybe not the best strategy. Earns my team pts but little else. Is pxp same as evo?
    Team points? Or team strength? If you are looking at team strength, I wouldn't pay much mind to it. It's extremely overrated. Pxp is to level prime players Evo is what you need to get them to the next tier. For example from Bronze 10 to Silver 1 and so forth.
    I mean team strength. Just answering someone’s question of where im at strength wise.
    Is it good to level up pow players? Temp rating boast but 390 after a month isn’t bad?
    Potw get released on Tuesdays (and are good for a week) Generally they are slightly below Legends in terms of strength. Odds are 50% on the boxes, so overall its a decent choice
    POTM boxes are amazing. They get released the second week of the month (and are good for 4-5 weeks).  These are definitely my favorites.  Rosters turn over so much in this game, but (almost) legend players that use BXP is a no brainer. 
    Ive never been one to chase players (except when ATGs get released).  I chase hard. So, i sort of stay away from the daily boxes. Just the way i play. Everyone is different.  Just dont go up tiers unless youre willing to spend lots of money
    When are ATG released?
  • inoculuminoculum Registered Users, Member 101 Posts

hqly2001 said:
    When are ATG released?
    typically around Halloween but with the windfall glu received from selling to EA and knowing EA will likely take over by 2023 it may be sooner.  Gotta squeeze every last drop from the grapes!