Options

Player stats

2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
I would like to be able reset our players stats( mostly keepers)  to truly see how they are performing at different stages of the game. After keepers get a bump, after moving up tiers, after bumping up a players skills or adding/changing an x-factor.  This could help with roster management and having your best performers in your lineup 

Comments

• Options
    [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    You mean bring them back to their default ratings even after a level-up right?

While this is something we technically could do, I wouldn't expect any of the resources you took to upgrade your players back.  There's a give-and-take to these kinds of things.
  • Options
    jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    You mean bring them back to their default ratings even after a level-up right?

While this is something we technically could do, I wouldn't expect any of the resources you took to upgrade your players back.  There's a give-and-take to these kinds of things.
    I think he means resetting the actual stats on the stats tab of challenges. He wants to be able to see how his keepers are performing more recently instead of having it washed out in a huge sample of abs
  • Options
    Correct. Take them back to zero ABs or zero innings pitched. 
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    This is a good idea. Great for roster formation and to see what works, and how well they perform. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I second your thought @2003cobra. I would like to reset stats on players ab's and such so I can see a true picture of how they are performing in diamond at their current skill investment. Their historical data is great but it doesn't help me decide if I want/need to invest more into the guy when his bronze days at 0/20 on skills are long gone.
  • Options
    [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    Got it.  I resubmitted your thought with the updated information.
  • Options
    Thanks 
  • Options
    rtjrnatrtjrnat Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    I think this is a great idea, but would like to add something. It's probably a lot of work and might not be worth it compared to what was suggested above.
    I'd like to have 2 stats screens. One like now for all-time stats, and one that can be reset at will. Similar to odometers in cars. The overall one, and the "trip" one.
    While it would be great to know how keepers and long-held players are doing, it would also be great to be able to see how recent games compare to their overall stats. Seeing that a guy with a "lifetime" .750 OBP, has a .700 OBP in the last 500 games shows he's fading against tougher pitching and maybe could use an upgrade.

Seems like a lot of work, but maybe enough code could be reused that it's not that terrible...though updating stats in two places after every game means touching lots of the code.