Payoff Pitch

rhashyrhashy Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
Anyone able to play a manual round of payoff pitch?  My app keeps crashing every time. Auto play is fine. 
Prev1

Comments

• xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    I did not have any problems with manual play.
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    Same here. Crash every time 
  • n8DayVn8DayV Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    Happening to me too. Only certain players crash at certain rounds. CS told me check my wifi and then closed the ticket. Yeah cause it’s my wifi that makes Stanek crash in round 1 but not Verlander. Glad to see I’m not the only one
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Are you guys having issues on the latest TSB version? I could see that being the issue since they added some new features to that event. 
  • n8DayVn8DayV Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    Yep. Never had an issue with PP until after the update
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    No problems here. I’m on iOS 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I just went thru 1 cycle on it, didnt have any issues
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I just went thru 1 cycle on it, didnt have any issues
    Awesome man!  Great to hear you can auto tap it
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Yes. Tried to manually play 1.8 and it kept crashing. Then autoplayed 1.8, manual played 1.9 just fine, and it crashed on 1.10, which has to be manually played. Was doing this yesterday as well.
  • rhashyrhashy Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    I have 4 pitchers that crash my game. If I auto play those I was able to complete round 1. 
    i had it happen on 5-2. That was the  first time that I didn’t auto play on the first 7 rounds 
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    I didn’t realize it was specific pitchers crashing the game. They did the trick. Thank you.
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    I don't think that's necessarily the case. I tried it with Prime Burnes on 1.1 and it was fine. Then tried to play the whole thing. Used him on 1.10 and it crashed. Unless it gets fixed that's just 1 game mode for me to eliminate 

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    I still haven’t upgraded yet pretty much solely for this problem. To me, cycling PP all weekend seems preferable to WOH, so I’m going to wait it out a bit.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    edited September 2021
    1.9 crashed for me. 1.8 was fine. 

I’ll also add, the mode still loads slowly. It lags at 90% every time. WOH or any other mode doesn’t have that issue. 
    edited September 2021
    All was good until I got to 1-9 and manual played Buehler then it crashed.  I then auto played Buehler on 1-7 and all was well.  Auto played him on #7 of every round and no further issues, cycled 3 x.  Can it be a 9 spot problem??

It got too boring for me so waiting for someone to help me with my auto tapper.
    - Blueleopard
  • hqly2001hqly2001 Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    What is strategy for level 4 and 5? My pitchers rated 200-300only a few in 300
    There doesn’t appear to be much strategy but I will say that if you can handle the manual play then try more of that and less auto play. I don’t worry about matchups. I go from weakest to strongest according to my pitchers ratings. My only exception is I try not to manually play Gagne since he had a moving fastball which can’t be controlled. 
  • hqly2001hqly2001 Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    Thanks. PP is actually pretty easy on manual. Beaten it 5 times already. Kinda boring, so i might not go through another 5. WOH was a challenge for me a month ago when i tried.
    Woh is labeled as “easy” this weekend so maybe if you try it when you have a live boost you might be able to beat it but it still not a source of lxp
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    play barrel house, if you can get top 50/100
    decent rewards for it.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    I wish I could figure the pitchers that won’t crash the game. I’ve tried almost all my pitchers and one time it didn’t crash on 1.9, but it did one 1.10. I know the bug is on their end, but there has got to be a trick to get around this. 
  • DETROITCITYCLUBDETROITCITYCLUB Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    Mine crashes every time on manual play on the 4th pitcher, sometimes 5th. Tried it half dozen times. First time I messaged them, CS gave me the WIFI answer. I responded "no, that's not it" and they suggested I do a video of what was happening, which I did. They said they sent it to the technical team. Very frustrating- was not doing it before the new update. I am on IOS. 
    Wonder what silly thing it is.  I remember last year after an update your ml would crash woh.  Glu never said a word of course but someone on this forum posted that if you change your ml batting stance it fixes the problem, and it did.

Bet it’s something like that but we have to figure it out.  Probably their plan to take our mind off of how bad the box odds are 🤣
    - Blueleopard
    Just experimenting a little but the game crashed every time that I used him on rounds 1 and 2 on all different levels. 
    whynot said:
    Wonder what silly thing it is.  I remember last year after an update your ml would crash woh.  Glu never said a word of course but someone on this forum posted that if you change your ml batting stance it fixes the problem, and it did.

Bet it’s something like that but we have to figure it out.  Probably their plan to take our mind off of how bad the box odds are 🤣
    Yeah. I expect that it’s something dumb like this. When it does work, you can see it hesitates a bit at the point it crashes. So it’s something that is only affecting certain situations. Maybe a stadium thing.
    edited September 2021
    Just to add…..I cycled enough before update, finally updated, multiple crashes in level 1. Typical 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    play barrel house, if you can get top 50/100
    decent rewards for it.
    Top 500 rewards are also very good and very reasonable(in terms of cost).
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    PP still crashing for me, but actually made it to 1.9 this time. Shame, they changed it up a bit apparently without testing it. Another “let’s fix what wasn’t broken” approach. Shame, boxes were better rewards vs WOH, imo.
    I only autoplayed 1 cash round-5-6 and of course it crashed