Lpx Best way to get more?

hqly2001hqly2001 Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
So i’ve bought boxes and have gotten some Legends, but it takes so much lpx to upgrade them. What’s the most economical way to upgrade the legends? But the Legend Improve box? 
Prev1

Comments

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    What level are you at? Payoff pitch has some decent lxp if you cycle 10 times 
  • hqly2001hqly2001 Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    Im diamond? Payoff pitch is a bit difficult for me to beat let alone cycle. What rating pitchers do you all have? Mine are low 200-300’s..
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    You shouldn't have gone diamond.  After silver and gold,  it requires money to sustain. Best advice is to restart
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    edited September 2021
    If i hadnt gotten diamond then i couldnt max my players to diamond. I mean i can not upgrade them to max wouldnt it be the same thing instead of restarting? I dont get why restart after months of playing when the season will be over in a few months?
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    but you can't actually max your players - isn't that what this thread is about? low 200's-300's is Gold/low Plat, right? 
    I can get some up. This thread is about the best way to get more lxp. 2003cobra made an excellent suggestion.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    The point the guys are making is that in order to be effective at diamond you need to either dump a ton of money or time in the game, the resources needed are outrageous.  When your new to the game common sense says to play playoffs and move up as fast as you can, we all did it! 😤

Reality is silver or gold is the place to stay if your not trying to burn your money, gold is my preference.  
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    hqly2001 said:
    I can get some up. This thread is about the best way to get more lxp. 2003cobra made an excellent suggestion.
    Best way to make lxp is through 'majors' club events. I think you're relatively new, but lots of majors clubs out there that just want active players. Do the 'free' daily stuff(like barrel house), EB, etc. and it does add up. If you have your own plat/diamond club, the boxes help a ton too. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    WoH Mondays even though it's more costly, cycle that you can earn lxp boxes and ring up pxp at the same time. CvC at least be on a winning club and get some player boxes that have lxp in them. There are ways to do it without signing over your house and kids to Glu, it will take time and some grinding but like @DFBB said it all adds up, quicker than you think.
    edited September 2021
    whynot said:
    The point the guys are making is that in order to be effective at diamond you need to either dump a ton of money or time in the game, the resources needed are outrageous.  When your new to the game common sense says to play playoffs and move up as fast as you can, we all did it! 😤

Reality is silver or gold is the place to stay if your not trying to burn your money, gold is my preference.  
    I guess the thing that is confusing to me is what’s the diff for me now compared to if I’m in gold or silver? Does it cost less to level up players to silver/gold if im in that level? As far as i can remember, the cost is about the same. Is there an advantage to being silver/gold vs platinum? Given all the team events each week, i’d need to play more bonus games to score points. I can’t sit at silver/gold and help my team out. Maybe that explains why half our team is inactive and sits around 40-70k team strength?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    hqly2001 said:
    whynot said:

I guess the thing that is confusing to me is what’s the diff for me now compared to if I’m in gold or silver? Does it cost less to level up players to silver/gold if im in that level? As far as i can remember, the cost is about the same. Is there an advantage to being silver/gold vs platinum? Given all the team events each week, i’d need to play more bonus games to score points. I can’t sit at silver/gold and help my team out. Maybe that explains why half our team is inactive and sits around 40-70k team strength?
    Silver/gold teams, for the most part, are casual players. Diamond is for guys that value club points, but it's a much bigger commitment and while that's fun for some, it can also be seen as a second job of sorts. The latter of which, tends to lead to burnout. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    If done right you can still contribute to your club at the silver lever. I’m silver and have contributed 2 billion points in about 20 minutes of bonus game time this weekend. I’m in a solo club and some days I do just enough to hit the top tier for points if I don’t really feel like playing. I also win about 80% of the cvc/clash/bash events which nets me resources as well as playoff pitch and woh. As of now I probably have enough lxp to last me through the season. I prefer to have a top team at my level even if it’s only silver.
    hqly2001 said:
    whynot said:

Yes there is a HUGE difference on cost to level.  For example it cost about 35k pxp to max a guy at silver, 120k pxp.  @d@DFBB maintains a great thread on here with this kind of info, https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2021/discussion/5456394/all-things-charts-and-helpful-tidbits-updated-skills-costs-info#latest
    - Blueleopard
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    WoH Mondays even though it's more costly, cycle that you can earn lxp boxes and ring up pxp at the same time. CvC at least be on a winning club and get some player boxes that have lxp in them. There are ways to do it without signing over your house and kids to Glu, it will take time and some grinding but like @DFBB said it all adds up, quicker than you think.
    Hes not beating PP (which is a complete cake walk), i highly doubt the batting order can power cycle either.  It would be better to just restart. Theres so many things to learn in this game. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Hes not beating PP (which is a complete cake walk), i highly doubt the batting order can power cycle either.  It would be better to just restart. Theres so many things to learn in this game. 
    You do have a good point. It maybe better to do that unless he has already spent a good chunk of money on his team then I can see the hesitation to start over again. It'll probably be good for a newbie like him to hangout in silver for a year just to learn the nuances of the game. Then the following year gauge your strategy, what you want to accomplish and what you are willing to spend money wise and also just as important time wise and proceed accordingly.
    There are many different thoughts around how to play this game and there are many valid points being made on here. There are some ways to earn lxp (which was your original question)and also there is nothing wrong with starting over and staying at a lower level. If you’re hurting for lxp now it’s only gonna get worse as you keep adding legends to your lineup. That’s why the suggestion to start over and stay at a lower tier was made. 
    I actually switched between L and R pitchers and have beaten PP 5 times. It takes 1-2 tries sometimes. PP is actually easier than WOH. Last time i tried was about a month ago for tier 5. My players are actually rated higher now so i’ll prob try again tomorrow. I’ve been on a bery inactive club so we lose most cvc as only a few usually play. Probably why its been frustrating. I’ve been adding and increasing rating for players that gives bonus pts each week so that’s put a strain on my resources. I’ve got to rethink how i want to play this game. Didn’t realize all the little nuisances in the game. Thx for advice
    Perhaps somebody here has an extra diamond club they aren’t using and would let ya park in it and play Cvc.  Best way I know to get the goodies cheap.  How about it fellas?
    - Blueleopard
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I can give him one, not a problem. Just PM me.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    @hqly2001 do you have 2 devices that you can play on? If DKarski gives you a club then you could have a holder team to maintain that club and maybe bounce around to different clubs  with you main team. That might help with rewards and also seeing how different clubs operate. 
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    You gifted me a Plat club last year. Helped a lot down the stretch.
    dkarski87 said:
    Did he respond to you or just disappear?
    - Blueleopard
    He did, said hes getting some help from someone here first and then will take the club. Clubs only available on Tues, Thurs and Friday mornings so hes gotta be ready to take it during one of those days.
    – The Great Houmy
    He shacked up with me for now. He’s been learning a lot so it’s been beneficial to not be in a solo club for now. 
    edited September 2021
    – The Great Houmy
    edited September 2021
    – The Great Houmy
    Respect guys
    - Blueleopard
    Thanks everyone for being so helpful and the advice. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Yea it really depends what tier you are at.   At gold I actually have plenty of lxp because I dont chase players and just level what's given to me.   Most of my lxp comes from just opening the boxes I do get and occasionally playing payoff pitch when its there.    PXP is actually a much bigger problem for me.    I know it wouldnt be if I just did WOH but I cant ever find the motivation.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I had played in diamond the last 2.5 years before this one.    I'd say at this point just try and put yourself in position to open as many boxes as you can (CVC, Extra Bases) and try and make sure you hit at least the 20K tier in Fan Rewards when you do spend.   I haven't paid a ton of attention to WOH but looks like they put a lxp box at the end of every cycle, its not much but it adds up.