Moments

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Alex that’s not even right. Talk about favorable matchups. Has your scoring increased or just your level of fun 
    I'm definitely having tons of fun just thinking of different combos and sorting through the players I actually have and the ones I traded in. I haven't paid much attention to my actual scoring. haha
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Were you able to sleep last night with all of those combos running through your mind? I’m really just content for now by having the JRam woh moment 
    2003cobra said:
    Were you able to sleep last night with all of those combos running through your mind? I’m really just content for now by having the JRam woh moment 
    Well…..🤣

• ups3ups3 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    said:
    Hey Glu, if you want us to embrace this idea, you might want to throw a couple free ones our way so we can figure out how to use them.
    ffs….

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    That might be the highest OVR number I've ever seen, and it is not close. Previously I think some ATGs last year were over 1100 in their specific best-case game situations lol that's really an awesome screenshot.
    They’ve never introduced anything like this before that could give us that much boost. Just wait until you can use these on an ATG! There are only 2 teams that have the woh moment (Cleveland and Seattle) and I don’t think that we will see an ATG from either team will we? 
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    That might be the highest OVR number I've ever seen, and it is not close. Previously I think some ATGs last year were over 1100 in their specific best-case game situations lol that's really an awesome screenshot.
    It's only a stat 10 club too and skills are 'only' 22/22. lol

2003cobra said:
    They’ve never introduced anything like this before that could give us that much boost. Just wait until you can use these on an ATG! There are only 2 teams that have the woh moment (Cleveland and Seattle) and I don’t think that we will see an ATG from either team will we? 
    Twins, Mariners, and Indians all have WoH, but there are lots of others with WoH skills as well(first pitch, late inns, vs lhp, vs rhp, etc.). My guess is that lower tiers should now be able to waltz through WoH like diamond teams. 
    I really don't know what they're doing. My opinion is that this is way too OP(overpowered). That said, it's been so much fun and rewards those that enjoy lineup construction because the best lineups are far from linear. Good times! 

I guess I missed the Twins woh moments and you’re right about the others. I’ll probably buy more just to help with woh. After a repull on the Cleveland moment JRam went from a 403 rating to a476 rating. Now I need to find the right players to match my moment skills 
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    We don't have a mailroom.
    Best catcher in the game! (No stat boost) 

edited September 2021
    Any idea where his final rating would be if I took him to 20/20 plus the moments boost for woh purposes 
    2003cobra said:
    Any idea where his final rating would be if I took him to 20/20 plus the moments boost for woh purposes 
    At 20/20, Heyward would be 20% vs rhp and 30% in WoH. If you don't level up the Cubs moments and it stays as is, it'll be 1.2(1.3)(1.1)=1.716. It'll add 71.6% to your woh boost against rightys; 43% vs leftys(using the same formula, but removing 'vs rhp). 
    Thanks Alex. This is where the game can be confusing. Not a bad pickup from the player store 
    edited September 2021
    2003cobra said:
    Thanks Alex. This is where the game can be confusing. Not a bad pickup from the player store 
    If you like WoH, I would strongly suggest investing more into moments. They're by far, the best way to improve your team. Tbh, at diamond, it's probably overkill(but fun as hell!). At lower tiers, it's game changing.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    DFBB said:
    2003cobra said:
    If you like WoH, I would strongly suggest investing more into moments. They're by far, the best way to improve your team. Tbh, at diamond, it's probably overkill(but fun as hell!). At lower tiers, it's game changing.
    This lower tier has zero problems with WOH, but curious about Moments. But I really don’t need the overkill either. Btw…..has the “chart guy” retired from the charts? 😎
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    DFBB said:
    2003cobra said:
    I’ve invested about 4K so far. I have some pretty solid ones for woh. Now I’m just playing around and trying match up moments and players for fun since I’m not struggling with woh. If I were struggling I would pay the 20 gold to reuse J-Ram if needed. He’s a beast!
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Moments is a difference maker for woh I’ll take y’all’s  word for it as I haven’t cycled since 19. I think 🤔. 
    Anyway… the reason they glu are allowing players to take advantage of something like moments for woh is because woh is a pile 💩. If rewards we’re worth a damn these difference maker boosts wouldn’t exist. Which I personally would prefer. 
    I still play and enjoy the game because I like cvc, dingers and opening boxes collecting players.  I just wish they would expand their player catalog. 😕 jeez 
    edited September 2021
    I pretty much feel the same way about woh. I usually only play a round to collect the player in case he’s part of a set. I liked it so much better when the reward player was meaningful but this only keeps me out of the app a little more. I’m only playing around with the moments to have something to do. I’m not sure that in my particular situation(even though I’m only silver) I would call it a game changer except for the fact that I don’t have to watch a video on 5-10. But I’m sure that for many guys it can be a game changer for woh. I’ve seen diamond and platinum teams with 70k TS (less than half of my TS)that I’m sure cant get past woh without it. I also spank the living crap out of many diamond teams in cvc that they could experiment with the cvc moments as well. I think that they could be game changers for anybody that has a low TS for their level no matter what level they are. My thinking on the moments are if you don’t like the idea and dont want to put the effort into using them then you don’t have to. If you don’t want to buy them then you don’t have to. They didn’t exist before and you can pretend that they dont exist now. And if you want to experiment with then then buy a few and see what you can make happen. Glu is not forcing us to do anything with them. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Well its not just for WOH fellas. You can apply these same moments into every single game mode if you can find the right combination. Example, there are alot of good early innings / CVC skills which come in very useful for EB or CVC if you need it. It definetly adds a new layer of strategy, if you target club points.... guess what the BlueJays moments added almost x2 your pts on Monday/Tuesday when you used blue jay players.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    @dkarski87 would  the boost only be good on the Toronto player and his points? So if my Bluejay gets 100k points per hit then his score gets boosted by 4%.m to 104k per hit.  But the rest of the team doesn’t get a boosted score-correct? Or am I wrong in my thinking? 
    dkarski87 said:
    Well its not just for WOH fellas. You can apply these same moments into every single game mode if you can find the right combination. Example, there are alot of good early innings / CVC skills which come in very useful for EB or CVC if you need it. It definetly adds a new layer of strategy, if you target club points.... guess what the BlueJays moments added almost x2 your pts on Monday/Tuesday when you used blue jay players.
    For lower tiers, I think WoH is all that they have. It's not reasonable for them to 'compete' in other modes and if you're not 'competing,' then things like 'moments' won't be nearly as valuable. Regardless, in terms of ROI for your gold, it's as good as it gets. Well, that assumes that scoring runs/club points/wins/stats, etc. matter. 

I hope that guys who value 'moments' didn't missed out/ignore the 'Max Scherzer' moments. IMO, it's currently the best and obviously, no longer in the store. Anyways, I'm already looking forward to the next batch of moments. Rays just clinched a playoff spot.... ;)
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    So I get that Moments boost stats, but seriously, how much better can the stats get?  I'm a Gold team and I've got 11 batters with an OPS over 2.0 and 7 pitchers with an ERA under 1.00?  I'm sure some of the Diamond teams have guys with OPS over 3.0 and entire staffs with ERAs under 0.20.

Yeah, more hits mean more points, and it's definitly a bump up in game strategy but the baseball strategy elements of TSB are essentailly non-existent.  I know everyone scambles for the pitcher list for WoH, aand stacking matchups is probably part of the fun, but i really think lefty/right matchups don't matter.  I challenge all the match-up advocates to just use their line-up as listed by rating and prove that there's a difference.   And all the Moments boosted JRams out there, I bet he's one of 9-10 actual closers on your rosters. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    xracman said:
    So I get that Moments boost stats, but seriously, how much better can the stats get?  I'm a Gold team and I've got 11 batters with an OPS over 2.0 and 7 pitchers with an ERA under 1.00?  I'm sure some of the Diamond teams have guys with OPS over 3.0 and entire staffs with ERAs under 0.20.

Yeah, more hits mean more points, and it's definitly a bump up in game strategy but the baseball strategy elements of TSB are essentailly non-existent.  I know everyone scambles for the pitcher list for WoH, aand stacking matchups is probably part of the fun, but i really think lefty/right matchups don't matter.  I challenge all the match-up advocates to just use their line-up as listed by rating and prove that there's a difference.   And all the Moments boosted JRams out there, I bet he's one of 9-10 actual closers on your rosters. 
    I’m sure there are 9-10 closers, but it doesn’t change the fact that with the moments and his skills he is the best. There is no dispute. 

In regards to the “baseball” strategy. That was probably gone back In tsb17 maybe 18. When woh mattered the most and you had to do a righty vs lefty matchup. Beyond that I don’t think there has ever been a “baseball” strategy to this game. The strategy for winning now is simply scoring more runs, which in turn gives you more points. Thus, why moments matter. We have posted the pictures showing how much better players are rated with moments. That should be proof enough. If you are denying the pictures which clearly Show the increased ratings if players then moments aren’t for you because you are just choosing to believe they don’t help. 
    xracman said:

As mentioned numerous times, it’s mostly for guys that value club points, cvc, and enjoy big run totals. 
    As the season has progressed, we keep getting better players and bigger boosts. Meanwhile, the pitchers in WoH are not drastically better than when the game launched back in March. The end result is that the platoon advantage is no longer ‘necessary.’ I think guys realize it too, but old habits tend to die slowly. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    DFBB said:
    xracman said:

As mentioned numerous times, it’s mostly for guys that value club points, cvc, and enjoy big run totals. 
    As the season has progressed, we keep getting better players and bigger boosts. Meanwhile, the pitchers in WoH are not drastically better than when the game launched back in March. The end result is that the platoon advantage is no longer ‘necessary.’ I think guys realize it too, but old habits tend to die slowly. 
    So THAT’S the reason the chart man retired from his WOH charts! OK, I get it now 😎
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I can just picture @tshea510 walking around the ballpark hollering, HEY CHART GUY!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    I’m sure that there are plenty of people that still rely on the chart. 

Moments add another element to the game-don’t embrace if you don’t want to. Only focus on one aspect if you choose or go crazy (Alex) and maximize it to boost as many players and stats as possible-which I’m sure is very fun. I’m really not sure why the negativity around them. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Honestly, I still use charts all the time. Even tho I auto 1-9, I sometimes still take loses in Legend Tower in Rally when I use the wrong handed bats, I really appreciate the guys the make the charts and try to post the ones I have when new ones are made.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    I'm more neutral about Moments than negative.  IMO, it was an addition that wasn't needed, but based on this thread, I was clearly wrong, and GLU definitly knows their target audience.

Lots of other things I would have wanted in the game, but this was easy for them.  Throw another couple algorithms on the fire, drive engagement up with the core audience. 

Brilliant really.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    xracman said:
    I'm more neutral about Moments than negative.  IMO, it was an addition that wasn't needed, but based on this thread, I was clearly wrong, and GLU definitly knows their target audience.

Lots of other things I would have wanted in the game, but this was easy for them.  Throw another couple algorithms on the fire, drive engagement up with the core audience. 

Brilliant really.
    Curious what you want added? IMO they’ve added too much recently. Rather than fine tuning things, they just continue to expand. Just my opinion but there is far to much going on all the time. 

As I previously said, for me, moments have cut down my desire to chase just any player. I will want guys who help with specific events, that I actually play. I have no desire for a Texas ranger player with their horrendous 2 out skill, or the variety of other teams that have less than ideal moments like rally and close game. So in the end they did me a favor. I can chase specific guys rather than every legend or ATG that gets released.