Pitcher skills

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
For those that are interested, I’ve noticed that since the most recent update, pitcher skills now work. Well, sort of. ‘Arm’ and ‘control’ will get boosted accordingly.

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    What mode do you see them in?
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    DFBB said:
    For those that are interested, I’ve noticed that since the most recent update, pitcher skills now work. Well, sort of. ‘Arm’ and ‘control’ will get boosted accordingly.

I know there’s been a TON of discussion on this, that it only increases TS, useless to upgrade…….so now the begging question……how is this determined and how NOW? I mean is there some secret laboratory devoted to testing pitcher skills? And the lab has now determined that skills work? 🤷‍♂️
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    After the update, I noticed that my keeper pitchers(both of whom have their skills leveled) did better than usual(vs good teams). My potm pitchers, who don’t have skills leveled, didn’t appear to do nearly as well. For awhile, I didn’t think much of it. Then, I was messing with payoff pitch and noticed that the boosts are indeed active and reflected in the ratings. Below, both ‘arm’ and ‘control’ are boosted accordingly and displayed as such. It should also boost ‘stuff,’ but it currently doesn’t. Below is an example: 

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    HEY LAB GUY!!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited September 2021
    This is bound to cause more confusion in the parking lots as there are strict policies as to admittance into ballpark. Where is @retirepujols when you need a little help?

Nevermind, don’t wanna got there……..😂
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    DFBB said:
    After the update, I noticed that my keeper pitchers(both of whom have their skills leveled) did better than usual(vs good teams). My potm pitchers, who don’t have skills leveled, didn’t appear to do nearly as well. For awhile, I didn’t think much of it. Then, I was messing with payoff pitch and noticed that the boosts are indeed active and reflected in the ratings. Below, both ‘arm’ and ‘control’ are boosted accordingly and displayed as such. It should also boost ‘stuff,’ but it currently doesn’t. Below is an example: 

Gotta work on those Yankee pennants sir!

But for real this is actually cool to see 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @Mattattack good catch! What’s going on with the pennants? Maybe he’s not winning the playoffs and not accumulating enough pennants. Lol. Maxed out skills for a reliever is pretty awesome 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited September 2021
    2003cobra said:
    @Mattattack good catch! What’s going on with the pennants? Maybe he’s not winning the playoffs and not accumulating enough pennants. Lol. Maxed out skills for a reliever is pretty awesome 
    All about big blue!

edit: In all seriousness, for guys that run b1 tourneys, I'd strongly recommend skills for pitchers.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    This is bound to cause more confusion in the parking lots as there are strict policies as to admittance into ballpark. Where is @retirepujols when you need a little help?

Nevermind, don’t wanna got there……..😂
    Nothing a little beer pong and Rock Paper Scissors can’t settle 😬
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71