Marsh

ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
LHB w/2x WoH skill. Got him from a unopened CvC box this morning. He'd work well since I value WoH but I am flushed with LHBs. I need a couple of RHed WoH bats badly. Hedging towards putting him on the scrap heap. Just wanting to get a different perspective.

Comments

• RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    He kills LHP if you use the Angels vs LHP Moment at 22%.  Not that you need it, but if you fully level him with the moment he would win any matchup at any level in WOH
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I’ve had great success so far with him and the angels moments as well. The 2xwoh pretty much negates the fact that he’s left handed the same as 2xLI guy is effective against any pitcher. I didn’t “need” him but it’s another toy to use. 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Great points made by @RainOnMyParade and @2003cobra. If you value woh I would definitely cap him. If you take him 20/20 you'll have 30%/30% (since woh is 1.5% per level) on every level with 22% extra from moments vs. left which will more than offset any platoon disadvantage. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Great points made by @RainOnMyParade and @2003cobra. If you value woh I would definitely cap him. If you take him 20/20 you'll have 30%/30% (since woh is 1.5% per level) on every level with 22% extra from moments vs. left which will more than offset any platoon disadvantage. 
    Great points. Will level him. I do have several Angels moments. He'll be a stud 
    Keep in mind that the Angels moments is against lhp so it’s not as valuable as some of the other moments. Ramirez is still better overall due to the Indians moments being woh and there have been way more rhp than lhp but you never know when that’s gonna change 
    edited September 2021
    2003cobra said:
    Keep in mind that the Angels moments is against lhp so it’s not as valuable as some of the other moments. Ramirez is still better overall due to the Indians moments being woh and there have been way more rhp than lhp but you never know when that’s gonna change 
    Point taken, with being flushed with LHBs I have struggled at times, especially over last weekend (seemed as difficulty was turned up a little, which I liked) with lhps. With Marsh I think will balance out my WoH lineup a little more since he will essentially be a switch hitter but will be a lhp killer. I would love to have that legend from today's box RHB with 2x rob.
    You’ve got me thinking now. 480 George Brett with rhp and hh skills with the Royals moments(let’s innings) could be fun. Probably wasting resources on his skills but it’s something to think about 
    2003cobra said:
    You’ve got me thinking now. 480 George Brett with rhp and hh skills with the Royals moments(let’s innings) could be fun. Probably wasting resources on his skills but it’s something to think about 
    I got him over the weekend but haven't done anything with him yet, probably won't do anything with him. I also have Larkin but his skills aren't to great for WoH but I think I may level him for CvC, he has great skills for that. I also have Bowa don't really know what to make of 1st pitch and blowout, any advice on that combo?
    first pitch and blowout are both cvc skills and I believe EB as well if those interest you. If you’re diamond then those are both great for bgs. But I think you’re silver so not quite worth leveling IMO. The only skills that I have taken to 20/20 involve woh. I only took Bretts skills through the bxp level but he’s been pretty solid for me. But we obviously have to be careful where and when we spend resources. My top 3 woh guys are Ramirez 2xwoh, marsh 2x woh and Heyward woh and rhp so Brett is nowhere close to needed. 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    first pitch and blowout are both cvc skills and I believe EB as well if those interest you. If you’re diamond then those are both great for bgs. But I think you’re silver so not quite worth leveling IMO. The only skills that I have taken to 20/20 involve woh. I only took Bretts skills through the bxp level but he’s been pretty solid for me. But we obviously have to be careful where and when we spend resources. My top 3 woh guys are Ramirez 2xwoh, marsh 2x woh and Heyward woh and rhp so Brett is nowhere close to needed. 
    Just to clarify, first pitch does not work for cvc/eb, but is excellent in all other modes. Blowout is definitely good for cvc/eb though. 
    2003cobra said:
    I'm gold this year, My top three guys are now JRam Marsh and Freeman w/RHP and rob then keeper Chipper. If I were to level someone it'll be Larkin he'll help me out with CvC and EB. Any thoughts?
    @jmsorioles33 thanks for clarifying. Maybe the skills and uses could be added to the everything important thread so idiots like me dont have to try and remember 
    HH and BO is a great combo for basically anything but woh (unless I’m wrong again which wouldn’t surprise me).  To me it really depends on your resources and how much do you think that he can help out. A 520 SS can last quite a while unless an ATG appears soon and you land him. Sounds like you’re woh situation is fine. I bought more moments today so my situation just improved a little more. 
  • rgh001rgh001 Registered Users, Member 178 Posts
    Who is marsh……
    And what box is he in
    He was in the box the last 2 days. 
    2003cobra said:
    HH and BO is a great combo for basically anything but woh (unless I’m wrong again which wouldn’t surprise me).  To me it really depends on your resources and how much do you think that he can help out. A 520 SS can last quite a while unless an ATG appears soon and you land him. Sounds like you’re woh situation is fine. I bought more moments today so my situation just improved a little more. 
    I am able to cycle 10-15 times an event probably more if wanted to invest the time. I'm fine for WoH. It's CvC and EB I wanna score a little better at now.
    OMG WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME THIS BEFORE TODAY
    😲
    I think that now it’s a matter of skills and moments that come into play. BO,HH,lead off if he bats accordingly are great. Pair those up with moments that are first 3 innings,first pitch, up or down 3 runs, club vs club (not sure if that works for EB). Risp and MOB to me are iffy since there are a lot of home runs hit. I’m sure that I’m leaving something out but I’m almost 100% auto play. That’s why i forgot about the first pitch skill. Switch hitters are great if that’s an option. With my current setup Dante Bichette with HH and BO plus the Rockies moments that is up or down more than 3 runs is my best cvc setup 
    2003cobra said:
    I think that now it’s a matter of skills and moments that come into play. BO,HH,lead off if he bats accordingly are great. Pair those up with moments that are first 3 innings,first pitch, up or down 3 runs, club vs club (not sure if that works for EB). Risp and MOB to me are iffy since there are a lot of home runs hit. I’m sure that I’m leaving something out but I’m almost 100% auto play. That’s why i forgot about the first pitch skill. Switch hitters are great if that’s an option. With my current setup Dante Bichette with HH and BO plus the Rockies moments that is up or down more than 3 runs is my best cvc setup 
    I'm not 100% sure about CvC but the Atlanta Braves moments with risp with Freeman with his skills 20/20 with a 9 WoH x factor in WoH he is just about unstoppable against rhp but you have to make sure he bats starting w/risp from the jump so 4.10 and 5.10 are no gos for him. But w/ JRam there should never be a reason to use him in either of those spots. I probably should make sure the Reds moments are CvC worthy before I decide to level Larkin.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Yeah, I'm only 8% with Braves, but his skills leveled with that 8% boost runs circles around my Legend Clark. I’ve got to buy more Moments to get that boost capped. If my paycheck that @2003cobra is working on ever arrives….
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    Reds moments are for tourneys. Booooooo
    tshea510 said:
    Yeah, I'm only 8% with Braves, but his skills leveled with that 8% boost runs circles around my Legend Clark. I’ve got to buy more Moments to get that boost capped. If my paycheck that @2003cobra is working on ever arrives….
    I’m still waiting on that account info
    2003cobra said:
    Reds moments are for tourneys. Booooooo
    Yeah, imagine the disappointment. That's just under two outs.😝
    Great for diamond guys but it’s probably the worst for me-and I’m a huge Reds fan so that makes it even worse 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited October 2021
    2003cobra said:
    Rockies moments is close game(up/down 3 runs or less). It's no good for cvc/eb.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    2003cobra said:
    Rockies moments is close game(up/down 3 runs or less). It's no good for cvc/eb.
    I'd would say it's a solid skill for WoH. Because, for the exception of 5.9 and 5.10, you're no more than 3 runs down.
    What is marsh’s name?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    rgh001 said:
    What is marsh’s name?
    Brandon Marsh. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.