Payoff Pitch

awlsabermetrics1awlsabermetrics1 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
Whats the deal with just have no bonus for Payoff Pitch? Ever since their big intro 200x bonus it's just a blackhole event points wise. 
Prev1

Comments

• samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Not to mention the crashing.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    samtheman said:
    Still crashing? I haven’t tried to play because of that.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    samtheman said:
    Still crashing? I haven’t tried to play because of that.
    Yes, still crashing. I just confirmed. Complete garbage.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Still crashing. I can’t play 1/9 without it crashing. A free big box and some nice lxp going to waste. Thanks Glu 
    edited October 2021
    It appears that it’s Kenley Jansen during manual play that is causing my problems 
    2003cobra said:
    It appears that it’s Kenley Jansen during manual play that is causing my problems 
    I haven’t played since the new update with crashing at 1.9 no matter my pitcher, manual play. But instead of addressing this very well known GLOBAL issue, they’ve dedicated their attention to fancy new Moments
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    2003cobra said:
    I haven’t played since the new update with crashing at 1.9 no matter my pitcher, manual play. But instead of addressing this very well known GLOBAL issue, they’ve dedicated their attention to fancy new Moments
    And fancy new dinger😑🙄
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Interesting.  Last time we had the event I was also having problems with him in my 9 spot.  Pulled Gibby which moved Kenley to my 8 spot and no problems.  I still maintain that it is up to the community to resolve it, very low priority for glu.  

As I mentioned in a previous post, it will turn out to be something silly, good luck!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    I solved it myself. It’s called auto play in an earlier round. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    This one has kinda bummed me out since it has been kind of my favorite mode at this point.

Pretty much relegated to cvc/eb and the occasional bg now
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I love the idea of payoff pitch, problem for me is it’s just like woh at this point. The juice isn’t worth the squeeze. At this point I just don’t get anything of value from playing either payoff pitch or woh. 
    @jalapenocubbies I can see that for a lot of guys. I do it for the cash and the big box as a reward is nice 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    @jalapenocubbies I can see that for a lot of guys. I do it for the cash and the big box as a reward is nice 
    Yeah for sure. It’s a tier thing. For me, since I manually tap my games, any time away from d6 cycling has to really be worth it. Unfortunately current rewards aren’t. Hopefully we get the large chunks of lxp back at cycle rewards and I’ll be back on woh atleast. 
    I love the idea of payoff pitch, problem for me is it’s just like woh at this point. The juice isn’t worth the squeeze. At this point I just don’t get anything of value from playing either payoff pitch or woh. 
    For me its something different other then simming things.   Personally being at a much slower pace this year, i like the idea of having to strategize how the pitches break.   But yeah I realize this take is in the vast vast vast minority and even maybe just me.   It was also when there was weekend box at the end.    But yeah I can see how its time consuming when the goal is scoring runs/points.
    @Mattattack Agree 100% PP is definitely about resources and something different to do. If people are looking for points then it’s not for them. And of course, taking away from a d6 cycle is not all that smart either 
    Still crashing, 1.8 after starting the round on manual. Ridiculous that this keeps being ignored. 
    The only crashing that I had was manual playing Jansen-same as the last time 
    Yea any manual play is automatic crash.    I manual 1.1 lately just so I don't waste cash simming for the same result.

I get its not a high priority so it wouldnt surprise if its down a while but here's to hoping its fixed soon.
    I’ve been through twice with only the 1 issue. Are you guys having issues with different pitchers? Hector Neris used to cause me issues as well as Jansen 
    2003cobra said:
    I’ve been through twice with only the 1 issue. Are you guys having issues with different pitchers? Hector Neris used to cause me issues as well as Jansen 
    Last I played 2 weeks ago it was Young. Today, Perry. I just don’t want to be “forced” to spend gold for auto. 
    I don’t blame you. It really sucks since the big box is the reward
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Most all of the pitchers I try manually it crashes. I tired my worst guy on 1.1 and it crashed. I made it to 1.10 one time using my 2nd row of pitchers for the manual. It still crashed though. I’d probably have to go 1 by 1 to see which ones actually work.

Its sad that it has even come to this. CS told me they are working on a fix, but that was 2 weeks ago. 
    looks fixed which is great, but unfortunately the rewards are not.    Oh well
    With new update?
    tshea510 said:
    With new update?
    not sure if they are related but I have updated 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    There’s a really fun game out there that has a scenario where you can pitch, similar to PP, every game. It never crashes and it shows you where your weaker pitches break. You also earn XP for all players when you play it manually (every grade player takes the same XP too!).You CAN sim if you want, and that doesn’t cost $15 or $20 every few days, which is also great!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    But there’s no global chat for those that seek out romance. Mic dropped 🎤😎
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    But there’s no global chat for those that seek out romance. Mic dropped 🎤😎
    So true. I don’t mind.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Not sure if anybody plays this anymore but man have they cranked up the difficulty. I shouldn’t lose so many autoplay rounds with my lowest pitcher being a legend. Not to mention the hitters are getting hits on pitches in the cold zone. Another ruined event IMO. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Not sure if anybody plays this anymore but man have they cranked up the difficulty. I shouldn’t lose so many autoplay rounds with my lowest pitcher being a legend. Not to mention the hitters are getting hits on pitches in the cold zone. Another ruined event IMO. 
    I have noticed this too. All for a 1 skilled bxp player. No thanks, they can keep it.