Moments

Comments

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
     Come on man. That 2 out moment is the best in the game 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I for one love the WoH charts. I still like platooning, like it was said some habits are hard to kick. Pretty much now right down the line round 7 through all levels that have righties I use 460 Freeman prime w/rob and RHP and keeper Cal for lefties, it's ML round 8 through all of the levels that have right handers and keeper Cal for the lefties. Keeper Chipper (I tell you with 2x rob with 10 x factor and the Braves moments he has become a beast) round 9 through all levels and of course J-Ram the stud closing out every level. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Not too shabby….

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Not too shabby….

Yeah but do moments actually work 🙄
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Pretty eye candy but it seems that all it is.  I mean if you can’t beat woh by now without spending to boost your team ….
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:
    Pretty eye candy but it seems that all it is.  I mean if you can’t beat woh by now without spending to boost your team ….
    That’s not woh. It’s a tournament, where the object is to score more runs and get more points. Thus the eye candy is more than just that. He’s putting up substantially more runs and points. As mentioned, if you don’t care about points and scoring, those aren’t for you. 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    edited September 2021
    I realize they definitely have value on bonus points but still are mainly expensive window dressing aren’t they?  Don’t get me wrong, not throwing shade on anyone, just amazed at Glu’s creativity.  😁

EDIT; Ok maybe a little jealous I too, I want some of that money!!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:
    I realize they definitely have value on bonus points but still are mainly expensive window dressing aren’t they?  Don’t get me wrong, not throwing shade on anyone, just amazed at Glu’s creativity.  😁

EDIT; Ok maybe a little jealous I to
    I think in certain areas they can be. No every team has a good one. But personally, I was way more efficient in EB with them, not that woh was hard but obviously it was easy, and I score way more in BG and Tourneys. The difficulty is finding the players that fit tue specific moments 
    edited September 2021
    whynot said:

I don't think you fully understand and/or realize the power of aesthetics in gaming. An obvious example would be the MLB license, which costs a fortune. There is no functional value with assigning names/images to a code, but glu and their players pay up the wazoo for it. Personally, I wouldn't care if player 'x' was Willie Mays or Joe Cool. If his ratings and skills are good, I want him. 

Anyways, moments is most certainly window dressing. Then again, what isn't? '21 is cupcake city. There is nothing 'necessary' if the goal is to 'just' cycle woh or 'win' some games. At the end of the day, guys who think a 98% win rate or a sub 1 era is 'good,' will never appreciate things like moments. Everyone plays different and some don't play at all. 

@jalapenocubbies, it's not that they don't believe it works; it's just unnecessary to them. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited September 2021
    I for one LOVE a 98% win rate and LOVE sub 1 ERA. I also LOVE Moments so far. But I’m getting a bit tired of the generalizations that keep getting tossed around. But then again, I’m just a lowly tier who doesn’t have a clue how to play the game or appreciate things. 

*Edit* Btw…..it’s everyone plays “differently”, not “different”. For shame!
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    DFBB said:
    whynot said:

I don't think you fully understand and/or realize the power of aesthetics in gaming. An obvious example would be the MLB license, which costs a fortune. There is no functional value with assigning names/images to a code, but glu and their players pay up the wazoo for it. Personally, I wouldn't care if player 'x' was Willie Mays or Joe Cool. If his ratings and skills are good, I want him. 

Anyways, moments is most certainly window dressing. Then again, what isn't? '21 is cupcake city. There is nothing 'necessary' if the goal is to 'just' cycle woh or 'win' some games. At the end of the day, guys who think a 98% win rate or a sub 1 era is 'good,' will never appreciate things like moments. Everyone plays different and some don't play at all. 

@jalapenocubbies, it's not that they don't believe it works; it's just unnecessary to them. 
    I’ve mostly stayed away from Moments just as a way to save money (one less thing to spend on). But as a Moments newbie, I have a dumb question. The Moments boosts only apply to players on that team, right? So if I have the Scherzer moment, it only works for my Dodger batters?
    Metsicans said:
    DFBB said:
    whynot said:

I’ve mostly stayed away from Moments just as a way to save money (one less thing to spend on). But as a Moments newbie, I have a dumb question. The Moments boosts only apply to players on that team, right? So if I have the Scherzer moment, it only works for my Dodger batters?
    Yes
    Metsicans said:
    DFBB said:
    whynot said:

The Scherzer moments will only work for righty bats on the Dodgers. All the ‘moments’ will have their own requirements. 

(Note: ML works and switch hitters will trigger both righty or lefty requirements)

• xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    These go to 11  Spinal Tap
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I used to play MMOs and RPGs at a fairly degenerate rate years ago and yeah I recognize that this game is basically a baseball version of one of these with the min/max element that’s showing up.  The issue is that in order to properly do that here goes from the price of a few pizzas a week on the low end to a mortgage payment or more now.  Yeah you can win with little investment (I do well enough when I actually engage the game) but to be truly competitive has become prohibitive for the mass majority of players now.  Now I don’t care about that so I did get 6 months of fun out of it but even the time investment I made was only enough to grab a few top 10s when brackets were favorable and for a lot of people if you know you’re not going to win before you take part it saps the enjoyment away.  It’s about managing expectations and long term I think the game is going to price out too many to keep it running.
    Weekend mvp and maybe, most fun TSB weekend ever! Thank you! 

• toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    This is the total opposite of a drsmartassphd post.
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    We need a way to trade Moments in for cash or gold like x-factors.  I have 16 moments, only 5 of which are for players I actually have on my roster and only 2 of which actually apply to bonus points,

This is the total opposite of a drsmartassphd post.
    No clue how his weekend went, but I will add that lots of people had a 'good' tsb weekend for 'other' reasons. It's a shame, but this is the game/community that we have. 
    Yep.  So i chose to stop at 20 percent cardinal right handed hitting bonus.  I didnt want any of my other bonuses to be jealous.  Now we wait for right handed hitting cardinals in future?  Or the Ozzie Smith’s of the world?
    Yep.  So i chose to stop at 20 percent cardinal right handed hitting bonus.  I didnt want any of my other bonuses to be jealous.  Now we wait for right handed hitting cardinals in future?  Or the Ozzie Smith’s of the world?
    Sort of. It was the perfect storm because the Cards as a team had an rbi bonus, which meant that every cards righty(switch hitters count) added up to 50% to the multiplier and they stacked. Tough to see this situation playing out again because glu will realize that it’s probably bad for business. For example, even if you had every set, you were still better off running 7 cardinals out there.

Wow amazing stacking. 123 bil in one game.  Looking forward to the next one now. 😉
    Dang Alex you need to post that before we all get started. Idiots like me are still trying to figure this thing out. 
    Ya next time you dont have to share what you discover. Just say “ i’m so happy!!!”  And we will figure it out. 
    Ya next time you dont have to share what you discover. Just say “ i’m so happy!!!”  And we will figure it out. 
    Springer is the potw so if they decide to do the Jays as a team bonus, fire up their moments!
    Thanks Alex. Way to get out in front of this one!
    Get happy again Alex!  Lol
    Get happy again Alex!  Lol
    I traded Bader in because he lost his potw boost and was thinking that there's no way the Cards will be a team bonus again. Well, two events later, here we are. 😂 
    We could be in a cardinals holding patterrn!  Lol
    LOL