Sig playoff players

CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
Were the sig players last year released at this point?  Seemed like a perfect way to engage and connect players into both MLB and TSB. I just couldn’t remember when they were launched
"If you can't beat them, report them"
Prev13

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Dont think they had them last year.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Dont think they had them last year.
    Just as I finished typing it, I realized that was the case. Been cooped up working from home for almost 2 years and my brain sort of forgot the entire last baseball season
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I’m trying to remember where I got that double HH Arozoreno and Kershaw. Wouldn’t that be last year?
    yea I think it was last year, but they werent sign primes, "living legends"....
    – The Great Houmy
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I’m trying to remember where I got that double HH Arozoreno and Kershaw. Wouldn’t that be last year?
    Last year they did the players if they met certain goals they got boosted. Arozarena was one of them and he had to hit a homer in a specific game to get to “legend” level which he did. Kershaw was a LL though. 
  • rgh001rgh001 Registered Users, Member 178 Posts
    Will there be woh in 24 hour event tomorrow?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    rgh001 said:
    Will there be woh in 24 hour event tomorrow?
    It’s a royale so there should be a woh. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @tshea510 better get to that chart early. You won’t even have to stay up late to get started on it 
  • rgh001rgh001 Registered Users, Member 178 Posts
    For real should be done by 6am
    I think that it starts at 10pm for him so 1030pm is what I was thinking 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    @tshea510 better get to that chart early. You won’t even have to stay up late to get started on it 
    I think the old chart guy returned from his vacation, not sure, but that “check’s in the mail” garbage is getting old.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited October 2021
    You guys are dreaming if you think this guy is going to be up at 2am Central to do charts for what is probably going to be another lame event. @DFBB, you’re back from vacation and you probably stay up later than I do, so go for it! 😎
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    edited October 2021
    Two of the nice prizes: 

I haven’t done royale woh in awhile and unless it’s ‘necessary,’ I prob won’t do it tmrw. 

I love the idea, but again I think they missed the mark. By the time the world series. They next bump will be here to 560 making the 540s ( I assume thats who wins it) irrelevant.
    – The Great Houmy
    Unless im missing something?
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    Unless im missing something?
    I think the allure is you’ll have up to a 540 player needing pxp instead of lxp. But the way the game has been designed this year, XP really isn’t an issue. Releasing this box when 2 of the teams were already eliminated isn’t really optimal either. This shoulda been a box last Thursday not today. That’s where I have the issue. 
    I think if they started them at 480, maybe more appealing. Like Red Sox won last night so making Verdugo a 520 already, etc.... The max overall just doesnt add up to what I would chase. But maybe that's the point.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    I think if they started them at 480, maybe more appealing. Like Red Sox won last night so making Verdugo a 520 already, etc.... The max overall just doesnt add up to what I would chase. But maybe that's the point.
    I don’t think they want them maxing out with legends. So a 540 prime vs 560 legend I think they see as a fair trade off. I don’t disagree but yeah I get the point. Like I said, my problem is guys likely Meadows and Yelich were eliminated last night so they are stuck. Meadows still has some value with EB given his moment but obviously not ideal. I think 540 is an end point as the sig primes were never top of the curve players. 
  • RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I don’t think they want them maxing out with legends. So a 540 prime vs 560 legend I think they see as a fair trade off. I don’t disagree but yeah I get the point. Like I said, my problem is guys likely Meadows and Yelich were eliminated last night so they are stuck. Meadows still has some value with EB given his moment but obviously not ideal. I think 540 is an end point as the sig primes were never top of the curve players. 
    I would not want to be the one to tell all the Brewers players its over before its over.

On a side note I like for a pure fun perspective.  I like routing for teams so players advance.  I like routing for Charlie Morton last year to get those strikeouts.  It adds an element of hope to the box.  Bregman for example would be a beast with Astros moments if they go all the way.  
    Yea I do like the performance metrics better last year, then this setup. 
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    I would not want to be the one to tell all the Brewers players its over before its over.

On a side note I like for a pure fun perspective.  I like routing for teams so players advance.  I like routing for Charlie Morton last year to get those strikeouts.  It adds an element of hope to the box.  Bregman for example would be a beast with Astros moments if they go all the way.  
    I stand corrected. I thought Joc ended there season last night. 
    I'm baffled that a 'prime signature royale' doesn't have any sigs in a set and some of them are not even a bonus in bonus games. That said, for those that care about team building, the best OFer in the game is in that box.
    I assume that you’re talking about Betts. Too bad they won’t advance past the Giants. 
    assuming you focused on Moments I agree, but also, I agree on the front that “signature primes” being the focal point of the 24 hour royale and we get no info. It’s a 1 day box, so does their BP end today or tomorrow? Despite them playing for a month?(atleast some do them), then paired with another box(Paulie box) which in general is a bad box and one of the weaker art designs we’ve seen. Felt like that box and card was designed 5 min before the event started and that’s what they threw together. Just too much going on today, too many players and ignoring the “signature prime” name leaving them out of sets and not really explaining to is what value they carry beyond today other than increasing max levels as their team advances(except Meadows)
    For argument sake, which player are you referring too @DFBB
    – The Great Houmy
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited October 2021
    Um so… every player has Dbl HH skill and identical stats other than a few have 1 overall power difference… they are essentially the same player. Player x with a different picture. I’m not understanding why they would do this 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Um so… every player has Dbl HH skill and identical stats other than a few have 1 overall power difference… they are essentially the same player. Player x with a different picture. I’m not understanding why they would do this 
    I actually kind of liked that aspect myself, because there aren't any duds in the box and it keeps it a bit more simple just rooting for teams in the playoffs. Double HH is generally a pretty useful skillset and the guys can be differentiated by position, hand, and most of all, moments. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I actually kind of liked that aspect myself, because there aren't any duds in the box and it keeps it a bit more simple just rooting for teams in the playoffs. Double HH is generally a pretty useful skillset and the guys can be differentiated by position, hand, and most of all, moments. 
    True… true.. that’s a positive 👍🏻
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Dude, the Brewers are playing the Braves. ATL will likely choke these last two games. They ALWAYS do.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service