The King of WoH? Do you need Baylor? Breaking the numbers down!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
'Need' isn't the theme for WoH this year, but 'overkill' is fun. Plus, I enjoy comparing batters. Anyways, here's the breakdown:
(all numbers are based on players leveled to diamond 10)

Vs RHP:

1)540 max 2x woh Baylor with skills at 30/30=1325 hit
2)510 max ML(My legend) with vs rhp/late innings, skills at 20/20 and the max3k moments=1171 hit
3)510 max ML with vs rhp/late innings, skills at 20/20 and a 30% moments boost=1119 hit
4)430 max Jram with 2x woh, skills at 20/20 and a 30% moments boost=1103 hit
5)540 max 2x woh Baylor with skills at 22/22(no gold into skills)= 1115 hit

Vs LHP

1)540 max 2x woh Baylor with skills at 30/30 w/22% moments boost=1616 hit
2)540 max 2x woh Baylor with skills at 22/22(no gold into skills), w/22% moments boost= 1360 hit
3)510 max ML with vs lhp/late innings(or lhp), skills at 20/20, and a 30% moments boost=1138 hit
4)540 max 2x woh Baylor with skills at 22/22(no gold into skills)= 1115 hit
5)430 max Jram with 2x woh, skills at 20/20 and a 30% moments boost=1103 hit

Summary: ML is AWESOME! Everything is overkill, but its nice to know that we don't always 'need' the new shiny toy. 

Note: I'd strongly suggest using 'first pitch' as the 2nd skill for ML. You'd lose 2% for WoH, but it's a nice tradeoff for all other modes(except cvc). 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    If these skills worked in Rally and Barrell house, I would be all over it. But like you said, as WOH isnt what is use to be, its just not needed anymore.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    If these skills worked in Rally and Barrell house, I would be all over it. But like you said, as WOH isnt what is use to be, its just not needed anymore.
    'WoH' works in rally, but not BH.
  • RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    For some reason I think I need him, even though I can use regular players from the box with out any skills or moments for everything but 4-10 and 5-10 (where I use Jram and he never fails).  I am 128 boxes in, no Baylor.  Sometimes I wish I had better restraint.  
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I bought a few boxes but realized that the need isn’t there but it would inject a little fun into woh. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    The optimist in me wonders if maybe this means WOH will matter more soon.    At the current state it doesnt seem like he's worth leveling.
    it’s nice for those that missed out on Ramirez or Brandon Marsh. I picked up Jason Heyward out of the player shop and he’s been a nice addition especially  with his team moments. 
    For some reason I think I need him, even though I can use regular players from the box with out any skills or moments for everything but 4-10 and 5-10 (where I use Jram and he never fails).  I am 128 boxes in, no Baylor.  Sometimes I wish I had better restraint.  
    For many of us, it's just instinctual. Like, I know I certainly do NOT need him, but i'd be lying if I said that I didn't want him. 🤣

Mattattack said:
    The optimist in me wonders if maybe this means WOH will matter more soon.    At the current state it doesnt seem like he's worth leveling.
    If you do rally, I think he's really useful. At the end of the DH tower, it's a d10 460 prime now. 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    I’d love to have him. But outside of the free Eric Davis I haven’t gotten a legend in almost 3 weeks. I’ve spent out 100k gold in that time as well. So it doesn’t matter how good a legend is or any player if you can’t get him. 
    sullipa8 said:
    I’d love to have him. But outside of the free Eric Davis I haven’t gotten a legend in almost 3 weeks. I’ve spent out 100k gold in that time as well. So it doesn’t matter how good a legend is or any player if you can’t get him. 
    Ok so there is somebody pulling less play than me lately. I wasn’t sure if that was possible. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    DFBB said:
    dkarski87 said:
    Have never had time yet for Rally, but only 2 in my club, so now I’m thinking about it. Are the charts posted up to date? Or do we need New Chart Guy (@2003cobra) to get to work?
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    I play the all-star and legend and I believe that they are up to date but I haven’t played in 2 weeks. Also, not the new chart guy. Just trying to help out. 
    2003cobra said:
    I play the all-star and legend and I believe that they are up to date but I haven’t played in 2 weeks. Also, not the new chart guy. Just trying to help out. 
    And that is precisely how one becomes the New Anything Guy 😎
    Once I go back to work I won’t be the chart guy. I think that my New Years resolution is to find a job. This chart guy pay sucks. 
    2003cobra said:
    Once I go back to work I won’t be the chart guy. I think that my New Years resolution is to find a job. This chart guy pay sucks. 
    But what about your 409K? I always thought it was a 401K, but CS corrected me and told me I needed to update my device and check WiFi.
    onders if maybe this means WOH will matter more soon.    At the current state it doesnt seem like he's worth leveling.
    If you do rally, I think he's really useful. At the end of the DH tower, it's a d10 460 prime now. 
    Honestly never really tried rally much.   Just kinda lurk in dead diamond clubs so dont have my own club to try it out.   The couple times i've tried I think i only got thru one level before it locked up.
    edited October 2021
    onders if maybe this means WOH will matter more soon.    At the current state it doesnt seem like he's worth leveling.
    Honestly never really tried rally much.   Just kinda lurk in dead diamond clubs so dont have my own club to try it out.   The couple times i've tried I think i only got thru one level before it locked up.
    Dh tower, you need 100% participation to advance. In the legend tower(and below), your holder can chill while you play. The rewards in the DH tower are really good, but it's really expensive(4k rally tickets) if you're solo.

• TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    DFBB said:
    dkarski87 said:
    Does it now? Last I looked it didnt
    DFBB said:
    dkarski87 said:
    I tried it about 4 weeks ago and it worked. I had Jram at 10.10.
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    dkarski87 said:
    I tried it about 4 weeks ago and it worked. I had Jram at 10.10.
    Word 👌
    I will definitely play more with the auto play working outside of event hours. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Him, Marsh, and J-Ram I now have the overkill trifecta and I also got Pete Alonso. WoH is gonna be fun!
  • rgh001rgh001 Registered Users, Member 178 Posts
    Any other legends good so far for woh besides Baylor?
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    rgh001 said:
    If you are Diamond, they all pretty much work fine as long as one skill is on to start the round

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    rgh001 said:
    If you are Diamond, they all pretty much work fine as long as one skill is on to start the round
    Fact is, they all work fine, even at gold.  Even with no skills on to start, as long as they are G10, they all close easily.
    rgh001 said:
    Tbh they are all usable even if you have one skill active and no xfactor attached.   The higher ratings make it pretty easy.   I have a Terry Pendleton with a cvc xfactor so he starts rounds with no skills active and he can still easily sim rounds 4/5 in each level.      I still mainly use my keepers for later rounds as I took woh guys and have those xfactors equipped with no reason to take them off