Moments

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Shoutout to @JEDDDOGGY for sharing that info with the laymen!  
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited October 2021
    99.9% @JEDDDOGGY’s fault! 😂

All jokes aside, I strongly disagree with the decision to make this adjustment during an event.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I’d love my gold back I threw at the stupid moment for no reason now. I don’t have Maddux so the 30k to cap the garbage moment does nothing. 
  • toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    I am so glad now
    i didn’t bother with moments this weekend.
    Well they reversed the decision and it’s back.  
    - Blueleopard
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Side Eye GIFs  Tenor
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    No ATG Jackie in bonuses and now a huge change mid event. Lol.

They are trolling everyone at this point for the rainbow squad

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    What's back? nothing is available....
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    They should've left well enough alone instead of changing mid stream and just offered a nice comp gift saying we are f+ck ups, we know it and we are sorry for it. But instead they they come out and say we are f+ck ups, we know it so we are are going to continue f+ck everything up because we just can't help that we are f+ck ups, that's what we do 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    As if it wasn’t confusing enough now there’s plenty more to think about and figure out. This game was sooooooooo simple when I started playing. 
    Seriously..  
    The game is passing me by. So far I’ve ignored moments. It means nothing to me to score 1500 runs 0 appeal.  I just wanna open boxes and play cvc so that’s what I’ll continue to do. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    As if it wasn’t confusing enough now there’s plenty more to think about and figure out. This game was sooooooooo simple when I started playing. 
    Seriously..  
    The game is passing me by. So far I’ve ignored moments. It means nothing to me to score 1500 runs 0 appeal.  I just wanna open boxes and play cvc so that’s what I’ll continue to do. 
    Same. This game has evolved into an overly complicated calculator game. I don’t see how any of this appeals to 99% of their market. It’s a phone game that you should just be able to pick up and play. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    If guys don’t care about scoring tons of runs or club points, nothing has changed. If guys don’t care about crushing EB, nothing has changed. Guys can keep it ‘simple’ and ignore moments. For those in that camp, I’m not sure how the game got ‘complicated.’ Just ignore it.  

Personally, I’ve saved a considerable amount of gold(and I’ve never had as much fun) because of moments. Obviously, it’s not for everyone, but to each their own. 

DFBB said:
    If guys don’t care about scoring tons of runs or club points, nothing has changed. If guys don’t care about crushing EB, nothing has changed. Guys can keep it ‘simple’ and ignore moments. For those in that camp, I’m not sure how the game got ‘complicated.’ Just ignore it.  

Personally, I’ve saved a considerable amount of gold(and I’ve never had as much fun) because of moments. Obviously, it’s not for everyone, but to each their own. 

Agree, it’s not that complicated at all.  Never used GG but I have to imagine that is more difficult.  Only objection I have are the glitches glu leaves out the to exploit, this does create a disadvantage for some.

Guess the only way I can protest this is to go back to my solo Cvc club and pout while I don’t spend.  🍻
    - Blueleopard
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    The thing for me is I don’t care about club points so I ignore them for the most part.   No harm no foul.   If you do care about points it seems like it’s cheaper then chasing the latest ATG or top set.    So i mean unless you need it all, I don’t see the downside 
    The thing for me is I don’t care about club points so I ignore them for the most part.   No harm no foul.   If you do care about points it seems like it’s cheaper then chasing the latest ATG or top set.    So i mean unless you need it all, I don’t see the downside 
    You would’ve loved it last year. First time TSB gives an edge to guys that put a bit of thought into the game. I pretty much ignored the boxes this weekend. Cruz is the best legend this weekend, but thanks to moments, he doesn’t start for me in any mode. My primes are simply better. 

whynot said:
    DFBB said:

Agree, it’s not that complicated at all.  Never used GG but I have to imagine that is more difficult.  Only objection I have are the glitches glu leaves out the to exploit, this does create a disadvantage for some.

Guess the only way I can protest this is to go back to my solo Cvc club and pout while I don’t spend.  🍻
    I’m not sure why gg got compared to moments, but honestly, it’s whatever. Even glitches, etc….it’s all whatever. Have fun, or don’t. 🍻
    sabin21 said:
    How can you tell if moments are working? I’m Diamond and have the pick em multiplier. I have both division series moments from today. The Braves at 30% boost and the Astros at 40% boost.
    My bad man. I’m just now seeing this post. 

1)The 30% club bonus boost from the level ‘Joctober’ is for righty pitchers that score bonus points. In the picture you showed, the pitchers you used didn’t meet that criteria. 

2)The 40% club bonus boost from the Astros is only for lefty outfield batters that score bonus points. Bregman scored club points, but he’s not a lefty Outfielder so he didn’t meet that criteria. 

Below is how it would look like when it’s triggered:

I’m using the moments for the Cards and Joctober. 

Tyler O’Neil gives me a 50% boost. As you can see, I have six Braves rightys that scored bonus points. Each of them will add 50% to my multiplier. To break it down:

1.5(cards)=one time
    1.5(braves)-=six times 

1.5^7th power= 17.086

Glu rounded it off to 17.09 and as you can see in the picture, it matches. 
    @DFBB I just copied your roster above and got similar results. I have all bonus players except Blue. But I tried your setup, and pushed Maddox out of the roster and filled the bullpen with scrubs. So, it does work. My comment is that it basically took me 30k to get the moments and a few hundred to grab the scrub pitchers. 99% of players don’t have 30k of gold available every weekend. But, to comment on your point, it’s a cheaper way of stacking club points vs chasing sets.  I’m just surprised Glu is allowing this. There’s very little difference between my all set roster and my nerfed moments roster, points wise
    edited October 2021
    @DFBB I just copied your roster above and got similar results. I have all bonus players except Blue. But I tried your setup, and pushed Maddox out of the roster and filled the bullpen with scrubs. So, it does work. My comment is that it basically took me 30k to get the moments and a few hundred to grab the scrub pitchers. 99% of players don’t have 30k of gold available every weekend. But, to comment on your point, it’s a cheaper way of stacking club points vs chasing sets.  I’m just surprised Glu is allowing this. There’s very little difference between my all set roster and my nerfed moments roster, points wise
    The guys who don’t have 50k+ to blow every weekend(and that’s conservative) probably don’t care too much about club points. To your point, that 99% isn’t what moments/sets are targeting. 

IMO, it was a very big oversight by glu to ‘allow’ moments to be manipulated in this manner. In fact, as we all saw earlier, they changed the Joctober moments temporarily before switching it back. 

They made the same mistake a couple of weeks ago(cards moments). I was top 35 in the gauntlet with ONE set…and it didn’t even include Mays. I didn’t even play an inordinate amount of games either. Well, by gauntlet standards anyways. 

My big complaint this weekend is that moments have turned into a tax for the guys that prioritize club points. Guys that ‘compete’ will usually cap all the moments and the end result is that there’s no advantage. Instead, everyone just spends to keep up. 

@DFBB, I agree with what you’re saying. I’m certain that it will be tweaked next weekend. 
    Could it be they have allowed moments to be manipulated in this manner because they really don’t quite know what they are doing? It’s seems like some kind of beta test run..? That they will soon tweak down and squeeze the life out of it equaling the amount of fun woh now is. You know… what they are good at 🤷🏻‍♂️. We shall see🍻 
    edited October 2021
    Could it be they have allowed moments to be manipulated in this manner because they really don’t quite know what they are doing? It’s seems like some kind of beta test run..? That they will soon tweak down and squeeze the life out of it equaling the amount of fun woh now is. You know… what they are good at 🤷🏻‍♂️. We shall see🍻 
    For me (casual, but spending player), I feel Moments had a good thing going when it was just the original team boosts. But like Alex said, it now has the gearset for a tax grab for the competitive players with the implementation of these ‘weekend moments’.   What I can’t figure out, is at what point will these whales break. It’s no secret they all cheat, In fact it’s allowed. They are the first to burn out, but get sucked back in on weekly glitches.  What’s worse is these guys feel like they’re beating ‘Glu’.  
    For me (casual, but spending player), I feel Moments had a good thing going when it was just the original team boosts. But like Alex said, it now has the gearset for a tax grab for the competitive players with the implementation of these ‘weekend moments’.   What I can’t figure out, is at what point will these whales break. It’s no secret they all cheat, In fact it’s allowed. They are the first to burn out, but get sucked back in on weekly glitches.  What’s worse is these guys feel like they’re beating ‘Glu’.  
    Right it truly amazes me what keeps the whales going. Pure addiction I suppose or the idea they are winning/beating glu. If gg had continued past 18 I would have tired out soon and I only took advantage the last quarter of the year. Where’s the challenge? Playing that way gotta get boring and one will eventually walk away. However I suppose when one whale dies and it’s carcass eventually explodes another must be born. 🤔 
    🍻
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    edited October 2021
    DFBB said:

Just curious how you've saved gold?  Is this because chasing and capping moments is less expensive than chasing and capping all the players needed for bonus sets?  

Nevermind, I re-read the rest of the comments.  For some reason, I think the guys that are big Moments advocates still manage to spend enough to pull all the top players in the boxes anyway.

xracman said:
    DFBB said:

Just curious how you've saved gold?  Is this because chasing and capping moments is less expensive than chasing and capping all the players needed for bonus sets?  
    Right now, the best players in the game are mostly prime. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    DFBB said:
    xracman said:
    DFBB said:

Right now, the best players in the game are mostly prime. 
    I see what you’re saying but I think the point is, most of the whales in this game are still spending until they get the big legends every event. 
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    DFBB said:
    sabin21 said:
    How can you tell if moments are working? I’m Diamond and have the pick em multiplier. I have both division series moments from today. The Braves at 30% boost and the Astros at 40% boost.
    My bad man. I’m just now seeing this post. 

1)The 30% club bonus boost from the level ‘Joctober’ is for righty pitchers that score bonus points. In the picture you showed, the pitchers you used didn’t meet that criteria. 

2)The 40% club bonus boost from the Astros is only for lefty outfield batters that score bonus points. Bregman scored club points, but he’s not a lefty Outfielder so he didn’t meet that criteria. 

Below is how it would look like when it’s triggered:

I’m using the moments for the Cards and Joctober. 

Tyler O’Neil gives me a 50% boost. As you can see, I have six Braves rightys that scored bonus points. Each of them will add 50% to my multiplier. To break it down:

1.5(cards)=one time
    1.5(braves)-=six times 

1.5^7th power= 17.086

Glu rounded it off to 17.09 and as you can see in the picture, it matches. 
    The thing that I am most impressed by on this post is that you had five relievers pitch in one game. I’m lucky to get just ONE of my relievers in the game, much less a guy who gets bonus points. 🤔
    They’re all scrubs @baseball2020, so the bullpen is automatically throwing in the next scrub after the appropriate inning
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    They’re all scrubs @baseball2020, so the bullpen is automatically throwing in the next scrub after the appropriate inning
    So are they leveled to like silver 10?
    So are they leveled to like silver 10?
    I don’t know what Alex did, but the roster I went with are all B1 with a really bad overall max