Moments

12346Next

Comments

• Options
    baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    👍🏼 Thanks!
  • Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Like most things with the game when they see a benefit for the players they just look to monetize it further and make it less appealing. I expect that soon with moments, in fact it sort of started last weekend, I think the “pitcher” one slipped through the cracks. I’d expect it to continue to be specific to positions like last weekend SS and 2B only. They tried to change it this week mid event and that didn’t work. The moments box is now 300 gold with a 61% chance at xp or BG. Again wouldn’t be shocked to see that cost go up or pull rate go even further down. Just the way the game works. Something the players like that benefits them? Let’s fine a way to cash in on that and make it worse! 

In the end the Dodgers and Cardinal will be the most important teams moving forward given the moments they already released. 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    This is by far, the best sim I’ve ever had. No boost and my only bonus players were Jackie and Pujols. This is the power of moments: 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I really wish they'd make previous moments available in some fashion. Skipping that Scherzer moment essentially ruined my playing experience for the rest of the entire game. I can't pull the huge run totals in bonus games or huge scores in cvc like everyone else is. 😑
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I really wish they'd make previous moments available in some fashion. Skipping that Scherzer moment essentially ruined my playing experience for the rest of the entire game. I can't pull the huge run totals in bonus games or huge scores in cvc like everyone else is. 😑
    I’d be shocked if they brought it back. I don’t think they understood the impact of moments at that point obviously, which is why we get th super specific moments. I’m looking forward to even more specific ones, where it’s like 50% boost to Righty Cubs SS who was born January 31st. So it will prevent any stacking. 
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    DFBB said:
    The thing for me is I don’t care about club points so I ignore them for the most part.   No harm no foul.   If you do care about points it seems like it’s cheaper then chasing the latest ATG or top set.    So i mean unless you need it all, I don’t see the downside 
    You would’ve loved it last year. First time TSB gives an edge to guys that put a bit of thought into the game. I pretty much ignored the boxes this weekend. Cruz is the best legend this weekend, but thanks to moments, he doesn’t start for me in any mode. My primes are simply better. 

Yea that would have been a lot better for me last year for sure.   As it is now, more options for different players is never a bad thing, would be a cool thing for that to contiune
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Does anyone know if Phillies moments work for EB?
  • Options
    Does anyone know if Phillies moments work for EB?
    It does 
  • Options
    Metsicans said:
    DFBB said:
    xracman said:
    DFBB said:
    If guys don’t care about scoring tons of runs or club points, nothing has changed. If guys don’t care about crushing EB, nothing has changed. Guys can keep it ‘simple’ and ignore moments. For those in that camp, I’m not sure how the game got ‘complicated.’ Just ignore it.  

Personally, I’ve saved a considerable amount of gold(and I’ve never had as much fun) because of moments. Obviously, it’s not for everyone, but to each their own. 

Just curious how you've saved gold?  Is this because chasing and capping moments is less expensive than chasing and capping all the players needed for bonus sets?  
    Right now, the best players in the game are mostly prime. 
    I see what you’re saying but I think the point is, most of the whales in this game are still spending until they get the big legends every event. 
    I think that’s true of any successful game. I’m not sure why that’s an issue. If there were no ‘whales,’ there would be no game for the f2pers. If a guy wants to spend to win, then all the power to him. Someone has to keep the lights on.  

• Options
    xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    DFBB said:

I think that’s true of any successful game. I’m not sure why that’s an issue. If there were no ‘whales,’ there would be no game for the f2pers. If a guy wants to spend to win, then all the power to him. Someone has to keep the lights on.  

I think the point is that no matter how much your primes are "the best players in the game" you're not "winning" anything because a bunch of other guys are spending to fill out the sets plus use the Moments.

Actually, I don't really know anything other than ratings + 2 tier skils + x factor + 3 tier skills + pennants + upgrades + bonus points + bonus sets + team moments + event moments = 

Homer39s head explodes - GIF on Imgur

I orignally had the gif from Scanners but thought the Glu censors might deem it to violent.
  • Options
    xracman said:
    DFBB said:

I think the point is that no matter how much your primes are "the best players in the game" you're not "winning" anything because a bunch of other guys are spending to fill out the sets plus use the Moments.
    I literally said that if guys want to spend to win, all the power to them. I have zero issues with how anyone plays, including guys that cheat.