TShea

2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
I’m putting you on blast for all of the world to see. Ok at least the forum. 
Prev13

Comments

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Really, they are just now saying this, after how many years? I guess better late than never. If they are "really" cracking down on cheating.... good hope this means the cost to play will eventually come down too. Cheating on a mobile game is like shoplifting. As everyone is aware when companies have severe issues with theft prices usually always goes up.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    😂😂😂 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    I’ve heard about the auto tappers.  What are the other forms of cheating going on?  
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    It’s my understanding other we’re loading gold. But truthfully wouldn’t shock me if there was even more than that, loading players, loading XP etc. I’ve even heard of “point hacking” where people can change how ever many points they score. In the past it was by changing multipliers and what not. I have no idea what is happening or if it’s still happening but again, wouldn’t be shocked at any of it. As far as auto tapping, it’s time to just accept it. It’s not going anywhere and no one gets punished for it. They put things in place that like the D6 cycle limit and tried to implement the mini games that simply don’t stop it and in fact I’d argue actually have an adverse impact on those who manually tap. I wish they’d crack down more but in the end, the auto tappers and cheaters are often the biggest spenders. 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    The point hacking one is probably it. I do know a few weeks ago, my club was in a bracket where another club all of the sudden put up about 1 trillion points in a few minutes. I think it was one guy just hopping clubs, but the point totals were something we have never seen. We just shook our head at the time, but now that they have posted news about cheating, I’m wondering if there was really something beyond the auto tapping that was being used. In all my years of playing, I don’t remember them actually posting in the news about cheating. So this must have been a bad one.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I haven’t logged in all week, and today I see this.

Now THIS is the ultimate troll job by GLU.

lololololol

They won’t do anything to the rainbow brigade. They won’t fix the programmed auto outs. They won’t fix the rigged boxes. They refuse to give refunds when the game doesn’t work properly, which was daily. They accidentally give out gifts then take them back. Bait and switch with no refunds.

I could go on and on.  

I got to hand it to them. Good work again!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

sullipa8 said:
    The point hacking one is probably it. I do know a few weeks ago, my club was in a bracket where another club all of the sudden put up about 1 trillion points in a few minutes. I think it was one guy just hopping clubs, but the point totals were something we have never seen. We just shook our head at the time, but now that they have posted news about cheating, I’m wondering if there was really something beyond the auto tapping that was being used. In all my years of playing, I don’t remember them actually posting in the news about cheating. So this must have been a bad one.
    There’s been so many over the years though. I mean guys went years basically playing for free with GG. I’m assuming that came back somehow which is what prompted that message. But who knows, it could have never left and I wouldn’t have known. I’ll just say this. I’ve played long enough to know certain players only play when they can gain an advantage, so when I see them back playing hard, I immediately know something is happening. They aren’t going to suddenly decide they want to spend thousands of dollars a week on the game. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited October 2021
    How's it feel to be cheated out of money, glu? How's it feel? Huh huh huh 😂😂😂

On a serious note, I'm also curious if anyone knows exactly what this relates to. I know one of the big clubs got their world rankings stripped and few other things due to point manipulation, but that's been a couple weeks ago now.
    edited October 2021
    @JEDDDOGGY per the message just invite Baowser to your club and you can find out. I’m guessing point manipulation and/or gold hacking. Probably everything you can think of to be honest for them to take this approach. 
    I knew it had to be the cheat-outs.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited October 2021
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    How's it feel to be cheated out of money, glu? How's it feel? Huh huh huh 😂😂😂

I know you’re being sarcastic, but I just wanted to remind guys that glu doesn’t get cheated. If you think about it, you’ll understand what I mean. 

sullipa8 said:
    They’ve posted similar things in the past, but to your point, it’s not common. I actually got a few messages about the news post from guys who were pretty ticked off. For example, there’s a perception that they ‘allow’ certain things. For them to address a different form of cheating while continuing to essentially ignore the elephant in the room was insulting. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    You all realize this just means they are going to screw you harder to get back what they perceive as lost revenue….

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

edited October 2021
    I know you’re being sarcastic, but I just wanted to remind guys that glu doesn’t get cheated. If you think about it, you’ll understand what I mean.
    Ok, I admit... I'm lost... they gonna go after the cheaters in court and sue them?
    You all realize this just means they are going to screw you harder to get back what they perceive as lost revenue….
    This doesn’t change what they already do. 

JEDDDOGGY said:
    I'm lost
    What he means is with the auto tapping and just cheating in general, those directly impact costs and odds. People can deny it up and down, but if all these things weren’t so wide spread we’d likely have better odds and cheaper costs in general. I’m not saying they would suddenly make ATGs 50% but I’m sure they wouldn’t be .5% either. It all goes hand in hand. It’s just the reality of any business. If they lose revenue they have to make it up. But they can’t punish those doing it because they are still some of the biggest spenders. It’s a lose lose for anyone not doing it. 
    Yeah idk, box odds were way better before when cheating was far more rampant. Have a hard time getting on board with that one.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Ok, I admit... I'm lost... they gonna go after the cheaters in court and sue them?
    When you consider the domino effect of what happens when people cheat in games, you'll realize that glu will still get theirs and in some cases, even more than they otherwise would. It's the rest of the community that gets cheated. 
    DFBB said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    When you consider the domino effect of what happens when people cheat in games, you'll realize that glu will still get theirs and in some cases, even more than they otherwise would. It's the rest of the community that gets cheated. 

So when people cheat, its good for Glu, because they get to use it as an excuse to increase costs to its user base? I don't understand. 

Game was much more economical to play for non-cheaters back when cheating was widespread.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    DFBB said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:

So when people cheat, its good for Glu, because they get to use it as an excuse to increase costs to its user base? I don't understand. 

Game was much more economical to play for non-cheaters back when cheating was widespread.
    It’s not better for glu. It’s the same for
    glu. People cheat they lose money so they Jack up the cost to play to get to where they need to be. People don’t cheat they maintain their revenue and no need to make adjustments. The people that lose are the people that don’t cheat. It’s really not hard to grasp that. The thing is, I don’t think anyone understands how rampant cheating is at this point. The only thing that has changed IMO is the circle got smaller. We know one group got jailed for loading gold. We can’t be naive enough to think 1) they are the only ones and 2) they got busted the first time they did it. Again, I’ve been around long enough to know when certain people play there is something going on. Those players have been back for several months. 
    edited October 2021
    jalapenocubbies said:  The people that lose are the people that don’t cheat. It’s really not hard to grasp that. 
    Ok, I feel dumb. Are there some charts or graphs I can look at or articles on the subject that I can read?

The game was cheaper (for everyone) back when you could just use GG and get all the players and everyone and their brother had an auto-tapper.

Cheating did not breed bonus sets and moments. Come on...

I get that the pro-Glu agenda guys want to spin this, but I don't understand how that is possible when the data we have makes the situation very clear.

I'm not even sure what you guys are trying to posit here. Cheating makes the game worse for everyone? Yes, I agree there. But, it makes it more expensive for everyone? Disagree on that, and not sure how anyone's going to quantify that. Costs increase because there's a shareholder need, not because Baowser loaded gold on to some guy's team(s).
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    jalapenocubbies said:  The people that lose are the people that don’t cheat. It’s really not hard to grasp that. 
    Ok, I feel dumb. Are there some charts or graphs I can look at or articles on the subject that I can read?

The game was cheaper (for everyone) back when you could just use GG and get all the players and everyone and their brother had an auto-tapper.

Cheating did not breed bonus sets and moments. Come on...

I get that the pro-Glu agenda guys want to spin this, but I don't understand how that is possible when the data we have makes the situation very clear.

I'm not even sure what you guys are trying to posit here. Cheating makes the game worse for everyone? Yes, I agree there. But, it makes it more expensive for everyone? Disagree on that, and not sure how anyone's going to quantify that without Glu brass literally coming out an announcing "This is why we increase costs, is because of cheating". Which they won't do, because it isn't the reason costs continue to increase.
    It's not about a 'pro glu' agenda. If you read what I said, it's actually rather damning. I've said it before, but if guys want to cheat, all the power to them. It's glu's job to police things. If they don't, I certainly can't/don't blame the players. My whole point is that I just LOL @ guys who think that they're 'cheating' glu. 
    edited October 2021
    Ok, that's fair. Is it also fair for me to LOL @ guys who think they're NOT cheating glu? 

Idk what we're even discussing now  :D
    Also don’t mix up being against cheating as Pro Glu. I’ve been very vocal about a lot of the bad things they’ve done. Bonus sets and an over abundance of bonus players ruined the game and increase the costs dramatically. But this has been ongoing for 2+ seasons now. It’s not new to this season. The box odds are horrible and have gone backwards this year ie ATG odds all season long. But I also realize they are a business that has to make money, and I expect things to increase but increase and gauging are 2 separate arguments. I also think it’s pretty fair to saying cheating has impacted the cost of the game. 

With that said I agree with Alex. Glu could very easily stop a lot of this, but they won’t/haven’t, because those guys spend. They most have really gone overboard to get jailed and get that message posted on the news. 
    So the benefit to the cheaters is the ability to roll up humongous scores by auto tapping and by getting all the bonus players maxed out because they either load the players illegally or load boatloads of gold which gives them the ability to buy as many boxes as they want without spending money.  All for the glory of seeing their name in lights on the TSB leader boards.

I think some guys need girlfriends...
    You are all correct. If you were smart, you would not spend anything for a few events while GLU recoups their losses. 

edited October 2021
    Glu could very easily stop a lot of this, but they won’t/haven’t, because those guys spend.

Well yeah, this I agree with. It's just funny whenever something potentially anti-Glu gets posted, here comes the defense / rescue patrol.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Glu could very easily stop a lot of this, but they won’t/haven’t, because those guys spend.

Well yeah, this I agree with. It's just funny whenever something potentially anti-Glu gets posted, here comes the defense / rescue patrol.
    I actually ignore a lot of 'bad' info that gets posted, but this is something that I don't think has been addressed. Curious though. How did I defend glu today? 
    DFBB said:
    How did I defend glu today? 

I don't wish to debate this.
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Can someone post a how-to tutorial on loading with Game Genie. Thanks
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    DFBB said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:

I actually ignore a lot of 'bad' info that gets posted, but this is something that I don't think has been addressed. Curious though. How did I defend glu today? 
    You didn’t 

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    You guys remember Game Shark was out for N64? Those were good times, I remember using it for Goldeneye lol....

Heres a very simple question. Just reading up on all these posts. For all the people who are preaching "no cheating"... I know for a fact that most of you (the ones currently posting against it) have partaked in glitches, exploits, etc... So how can you say your against it when you yourself did it. It doesnt matter if its using an auto tapper or taking advantage of a glitch inside the game. Cheating is cheating as so many of you are describing. As many of stated, the game has been going in the wrong direction for many years now, you think if cheating wasnt as bad the game would be cheaper? 100% wrong. Like Cubbies said, GLU is a business that needs to make money, so regardless of whats going on within the game the cost of playing will continue to raise as GLU finds new ways to expoits us. i.e) new game  modes that suck the gold out of you, daiily boxes, etc...

Bottom line, what you saw happening lately was certain people taking things too far, as others mentioned, when you see certain people in the game that havent played for a long time its because they found a way to do things they did previously. They are the same guys that have been around for years and years and only play when they can do certain things. But the question is where do you draw the line with the word "cheating"... Because what was going on lately goes beyond that, its hacking and code manipulation within the actual game itself.  We arent talking about someone finding a glitch in the game and sharing it with others. Glitches are errors or mistakes people find in the game from piss poor coders and developers, (sorry but its true).
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy