Mega Guarantee

tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts

Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
Prev1

Comments

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited October 2021
    About time, 150K gold is a lot but doable if this sticks around and people know they can save
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    About time, 150K gold is a lot but doable if this sticks around and people know they can save
    I like it a lot. It's very reasonable.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    150K gold to pull Maddux again. Yay! 🙄
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Now the Doc can farm gold and save up for ATGs for his keepers for next season 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    buddydave said:
    Spend another 150k might get lucky and get Williams. 50/50 shot.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    buddydave said:
    i mean yeah that could happen but ill tell you its light years better then spending 2/3/4 times and not getting an ATG
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Now the Doc can farm gold and save up for ATGs for his keepers for next season 
    Nope. Rage spent all my gold a month or so ago in the last event I played. Too late. 

The old Doc would go crazy for ATG Williams. Now I just see it and laugh

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    edited October 2021
    Doc, No one's buying in your team.  Delete the app, resign from the forum, go live your life.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited October 2021
    I think it’s great. Hope it sticks this time. 
    Pulled maddux in about 80k. 

Fun fact: I have never pulled Ted from any version of tsb. The only Ted I’ve ever had on my team was holiday Ted from years ago. So I knew I was gonna pull maddux lol 
    My imagination 💭  or we’re gold progress rewards more last weekend? I forgot to mention last weekend and hoped that would continue. Definitely gives reason to play more with higher tiers and rewards. 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    My imagination 💭  or we’re gold progress rewards more last weekend? I forgot to mention last weekend and hoped that would continue. Definitely gives reason to play more with higher tiers and rewards. 
    Yea they noted in the news last week that it was beefed up for that weekend only. 
    Ahhh I see I must have missed that. Tks 🍻
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Anyone actually get to the mega guarantee?
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    It would have been better if they baked it into fan rewards so you’d know which player you’re getting. Not that I’m sitting on enough gold but I’ve already got Maddox and Gibson so there’s no way I’d go for it this weekend if I did have it. 
    samtheman said:
    It would have been better if they baked it into fan rewards so you’d know which player you’re getting. Not that I’m sitting on enough gold but I’ve already got Maddox and Gibson so there’s no way I’d go for it this weekend if I did have it. 
    Because more in likely you'll get Maddox again, and no legend to show for your effort.
    edited October 2021
    samtheman said:
    Because more in likely you'll get Maddox again, and no legend to show for your effort.
    Right.. I won’t chase if I already have one of the atgs. Even now with the mega counter.. just to much gold for a 50% risk. 150k a month and a half of videos Lol 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Making steady progress here!
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    DFBB said:

😢

• baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    At least you saved 7,500 gold by having that box discount 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Now that I’ve had time to digest my idiotic move yesterday I feel better commenting on this. I think it’s a great addition. We often spend far more than that to pull ATGs so knowing you’ll get one opening 300/600 boxes isn’t bad especially considering gifts, cvc, etc will be added to the total. It’s going to be expensive either way and you may get lucky before getting to the counter. 

Where I think it missed is that it doesn’t actually stop/solve the mega chasing of the top players. My day yesterday sucked. In total I spent about 282,000 gold to get Ted. It was a disaster. My first run through I got to around 200-220 boxes of the 500 gold box, and naturally I pulled Maddux. So the counter reset and I got a Maddux repull. 2 more times in the 8-10 multi buys I pulled Maddux again. So something in the ballpark of 110-120k gold I got 1 palmeiro and 3 Maddux. Yes lucky ATG pulls but again no Ted and no Catfish. At this point I was just angry so I blew the rest of my gold and I got to 260/300. So it was roughly 260k gold spent and I had 1 palmeiro and 3 Maddux only still. 260k gold wasn’t good enough for Ted or even Catfish Hunter. Being a moron and junkie I realized how close I was to the counter and bought some specials and more gold to get to the counter, where I fortunately got Ted on the counter. It wasn’t even a sense of relief or joy at that point it was just regret and anger. That very easily could have been Maddux and I surely would have lost it.

So long story short. Is it better than it was last weekend, yes. Does it solve the major issue with the game when it comes to chasing players and completing sets? No. It may be something to consider only playing every 2 weeks etc. Not sure how to approach it at this point. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Now that I’ve had time to digest my idiotic move yesterday I feel better commenting on this. I think it’s a great addition. We often spend far more than that to pull ATGs so knowing you’ll get one opening 300/600 boxes isn’t bad especially considering gifts, cvc, etc will be added to the total. It’s going to be expensive either way and you may get lucky before getting to the counter. 

Where I think it missed is that it doesn’t actually stop/solve the mega chasing of the top players. My day yesterday sucked. In total I spent about 282,000 gold to get Ted. It was a disaster. My first run through I got to around 200-220 boxes of the 500 gold box, and naturally I pulled Maddux. So the counter reset and I got a Maddux repull. 2 more times in the 8-10 multi buys I pulled Maddux again. So something in the ballpark of 110-120k gold I got 1 palmeiro and 3 Maddux. Yes lucky ATG pulls but again no Ted and no Catfish. At this point I was just angry so I blew the rest of my gold and I got to 260/300. So it was roughly 260k gold spent and I had 1 palmeiro and 3 Maddux only still. 260k gold wasn’t good enough for Ted or even Catfish Hunter. Being a moron and junkie I realized how close I was to the counter and bought some specials and more gold to get to the counter, where I fortunately got Ted on the counter. It wasn’t even a sense of relief or joy at that point it was just regret and anger. That very easily could have been Maddux and I surely would have lost it.

So long story short. Is it better than it was last weekend, yes. Does it solve the major issue with the game when it comes to chasing players and completing sets? No. It may be something to consider only playing every 2 weeks etc. Not sure how to approach it at this point. 
    My issue is it’s a waste if you already have one of the ATG’s. 50/50 chance of landing a dupe and for 150k gold, not a good deal by any means. If there was only one ATG in the box or 2 that you don’t have, then great. But if you already have one of them, I see no reason to chase and end up losing that coin flip.
    The problem is the odds. .5% is not good. And it’s no secret that the algorithm for f2p vs p2p exists
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    The problem is the odds. .5% is not good. And it’s no secret that the algorithm for f2p vs p2p exists
    Odds, whatever. They suck. But no way I’m spending anything with the chance I repull an ATG I already have. People are doing it and complaining. I try not to shot myself in the foot. 
    tshea510 said:

My issue is it’s a waste if you already have one of the ATG’s. 50/50 chance of landing a dupe and for 150k gold, not a good deal by any means. If there was only one ATG in the box or 2 that you don’t have, then great. But if you already have one of them, I see no reason to chase and end up losing that coin flip.
    I agree with this 100%. I hate 2 ATGs per box. Especially since they have killed the value of the ATG the 2nd week of its run. With this mega guarantee I’d rather there just be 1 atg with a week long bonus, especially if they Aren’t going to use the atg in sets and stuff it’s second week. 
    tshea510 said:

I agree with this 100%. I hate 2 ATGs per box. Especially since they have killed the value of the ATG the 2nd week of its run. With this mega guarantee I’d rather there just be 1 atg with a week long bonus, especially if they Aren’t going to use the atg in sets and stuff it’s second week. 
    This is how it was last year though. 1 week pitcher, the next week a batter. I do agree with the fact that the 1 week old ATG will be useless after 1 week…that shouldn’t be the case. But it solidifies people committing to next season. If you don’t like it, you shouldn’t be chasing. This is why I hound on the Good Doc.  Seriously, if you hate this game so much, just quit. It won’t get better 
    tshea510 said:

This is how it was last year though. 1 week pitcher, the next week a batter. I do agree with the fact that the 1 week old ATG will be useless after 1 week…that shouldn’t be the case. But it solidifies people committing to next season. If you don’t like it, you shouldn’t be chasing. This is why I hound on the Good Doc.  Seriously, if you hate this game so much, just quit. It won’t get better 
    Not using ATGs in bonus sets in their 2nd week definitely is new. Last year the ATGs carried so much value for 2 weeks, just isn’t the case this year. Unless they add a bunch more pitchers eventually they’ll have to start doing back to back hitters. 

Actually that's the way I'm approaching it every two weeks, not spending gold because I don't want Maddox, I love that Palmeiro but I'll have to leave it with chance on CvC boxes and gifts. I won't go after Ted until Maddox is gone. With my luck the next ATG will be a RP and that will be who I get🙄
    Yeah I think I def need to change my approach. That was miserable. I did it to myself, no one else to blame. I think the sneaky problem I had was I never even got Hunter in that 280k. I ended up getting him from FR boxes after capping Williams skill. But yeah, I have to figure out a better way to attack this and playing every 2 weeks might be it. But I’m a junkie so we’ll see. 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Did someone say rigged boxes??
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • CP31CP31 Registered Users, Member 53 Posts
    Wish i could get ATG Ted then i would have the keepers i want for next year  and could quit playing for four months