Best WoH Reward ever?

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
I haven’t been this excited about a WoH reward since probably ‘19! 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1

Comments

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    He must really like to swing at the first pitch 
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    He must really like to swing at the first pitch 
    With all his first pitch x-factors, it would seem as though that would be the case. The baseballsavant website says otherwise as he’s ranked 406th in the MLB with players who had seen at least 100 pitches 🤔

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    As someone who thoroughly does not like woh anymore. This will get me to play. 
  • rgh001rgh001 Registered Users, Member 178 Posts
    Notable lefties

3- 5,7,8, 10
    4- 10
    5- 6, 10
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    You have to beat Will Smith (Braves Reliever on 5.10) to get Will Smith! Nicely done.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Woh stud and BG king! 

• CP31CP31 Registered Users, Member 53 Posts
    edited October 2021
    is smith better than a 540 legend? 
  • ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    CP31 said:
    Not on pure baseline numbers/attribute ratings.

HOWEVER,
    depending on how you upgrade Pennants, Skills, X-Factor, and have the LA Dodgers Moments that turns him into an unstoppable force, then yes. 

There’s also the “how you like to play the game” wrinkle.

If you play a lot of BG and you have the 2 big LAD moments (Max 3K and the regular DODGERS moment) he will be the best catcher in the game. Without the moments he is still very good. I do not have a 540 catcher I have a 520, and he will def start over them. Those are obviously very good woh skills. He won’t help your TS if that’s the important part but he will perform better than almost any other catcher currently In the game. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Maybe best woh reward season. But def not ever.. love the enthusiasm and hype tho lol 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    You can beat WOH with any given scrub thrown at you. I think y’all have been abused so much, you don’t even realize the difference between ‘acceptance’ and ‘great’. This isn’t great, good, or ok. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    CP31 said:
    I have a 30/30 Mike Scioscia and he'll now be relegated to EB duties when the pitcher is a righty.  
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    is your WOH guy at 30/30?
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Maybe best woh reward season. But def not ever.. love the enthusiasm and hype tho lol 
    If you invested in moments he definitely is the best ever. If you didn’t, he’s just a really good award. 
    We should have legends at this point for woh rewards. Season is done. Team building is not really a thing anymore. If you jumped on the Moments on that 1 weekend for the Dodgers, than yes, he’s good. I played both Woh and Derby last week for the first time.  Absolute joke. I think derby took 15 minutes, WOH took 12 minutes. My roster is 100% not favourable for WOH. Point being, all these boosts aren’t required at all. We got those 1/3 legend box rewards last year…and they were pure garbage. Now you’re talking about how great this is!?
    We should have legends at this point for woh rewards. Season is done. Team building is not really a thing anymore. If you jumped on the Moments on that 1 weekend for the Dodgers, than yes, he’s good. I played both Woh and Derby last week for the first time.  Absolute joke. I think derby took 15 minutes, WOH took 12 minutes. My roster is 100% not favourable for WOH. Point being, all these boosts aren’t required at all. We got those 1/3 legend box rewards last year…and they were pure garbage. Now you’re talking about how great this is!?
    Yes, because he is great. You’re right none of this is important because as you said, woh is ridiculously easy and it doesn’t matter. But will smith is still better than pretty much any other catcher for every other game mode. In regards to woh the awards simply match the difficulty. Everyone cried for years about how hard it is and we still get people talking about “curve outs” now. Can you imagine if they made it harder? And people spent gold on it? They’re whining about the difficulty ultimately lead to what we have. A mundane boring event that occasionally has a fun player to get. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    CP31 said:

There’s also the “how you like to play the game” wrinkle.

bingo.    It really depends how you play.   He could easily be ideal for some and not for others.
     Point being, all these boosts aren’t required at all. 
    They arent required to beat WOH no, but if you play for points and want a guy who always be 2x boosted plus the moments boost then I get it.   Its not for me personally but I get why others would like him
     Everyone cried for years about how hard it is and we still get people talking about “curve outs” now. Can you imagine if they made it harder? And people spent gold on it? They’re whining about the difficulty ultimately lead to what we have. A mundane boring event that occasionally has a fun player to get. 
    yea im sad these days are done but this is what people wanted unfortunately.   I personally didnt but it is what it is.   People want to win and not have to work at it.
    As far as I can remember it was only 1 person who complained about ‘curve outs’ in the last 2.5 years.  It’s a basic calculation complimented by an animation. If you can’t beat it, make your numbers bigger lol. 18’ was different altogether. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    As far as I can remember it was only 1 person who complained about ‘curve outs’ in the last 2.5 years.  It’s a basic calculation complimented by an animation. If you can’t beat it, make your numbers bigger lol. 18’ was different altogether. 
    If GLU made WoH a joke bc of a message board fricktard, then they’re dumber than I thought.

WoH is what it is bc GLU wants the top players buying LXP. Period. 

Even when I whined about WoH, it was a resource boon. No more when people are willing to buy it and the data supports it.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

I wasn’t the one who suggested Glu made WOH easy because of a forum/social media. It died because there was a clear resource gain that got exploited. 
    If GLU made WoH a joke bc of a message board fricktard, then they’re dumber than I thought.

WoH is what it is bc GLU wants the top players buying LXP. Period. 

Even when I whined about WoH, it was a resource boon. No more when people are willing to buy it and the data supports it.
    This actually isn’t true at all. I’m a spender, not a rainbow guy but I spend. I can’t even remember the last time I “bought” lxp. What you get from event awards, mvp rankings, repulls etc is more than enough. If I have plenty of LXP I assure you the top spenders are probably overflowing with it. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
     Everyone cried for years about how hard it is and we still get people talking about “curve outs” now. Can you imagine if they made it harder? And people spent gold on it? They’re whining about the difficulty ultimately lead to what we have. A mundane boring event that occasionally has a fun player to get. 
    yea im sad these days are done but this is what people wanted unfortunately.   I personally didnt but it is what it is.   People want to win and not have to work at it.
    I personally hate it being easy, takes the strategy from it. When I can go in order starting with my #10 player and can beat WoH that's a problem. I would love it to be the difficulty it was the year before last so when I do cycle it, I'm excited that I cycled. Heck I would be happy for it to as difficult as it was last year. I would definitely chase more often. Heck why chase when J-Ram and Marsh can still get it done. Baylor is just an added luxury. 
    edited October 2021
    If you don't care about club points or scoring crazy runs, today's WoH reward is not for you. 

dkarski87
    said:
    is your WOH guy at 30/30?
    I have some 30/30 guys, but I didn't take anyone 30/30 just for WoH. 
    I probably went overboard, but that's cause I was legit so excited about Will. He makes the game more fun for me. That said, he's probably just 'ok' for most people.  
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Help me understand why double first pitch is the bomb for WoH.  It’s not on for the entire AB anymore.   
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited October 2021
    xracman said:
    Help me understand why double first pitch is the bomb for WoH.  It’s not on for the entire AB anymore.   
    Agreed, but EVERYONE says from games played, no matter, it’s still “ON” I can’t argue with it, seems spot on.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    xracman said:
    Through some tests, I figured out that the AB is determined on the first pitch. I did a video where I took the first pitch each time and despite no longer displaying as ‘on,’ I still crushed woh. Anyways, don’t take my word for it. Test it out! 

Tl;dr: it works in every mode except Eb/cvc. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    If it were to work in EB/cvc it would be absolutely incredible