Mega Guarantee

2Next

Comments

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @CP31 if that’s your goal then save your gold, quit playing now and buy the specialty boxes that they put out at the end of the season. I should follow my own advice but I’m not smart enough or disciplined enough to do that 
  • rgh001rgh001 Registered Users, Member 178 Posts
    How the hell do you get that much gold 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @tshea510 I’m not sure who you have at 1b but Palmero is barely better than JT Snow. Definitely not worth the gold or resources spent to get him. Plus I bought the Palmero moments. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    It wasn’t even a sense of relief or joy at that point it was just regret and anger. That very easily could have been Maddux and I surely would have lost it.

I basically ran into this last year after 3 straight ATG chases, failing on the first two and eventually getting Babe after a lot of gold and other stuff.    Basically the game was never really the same for me after that and why I had to adjust last year.    But yeah I hated feeling that way.   I’m glad you got your guy tho 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    It wasn’t even a sense of relief or joy at that point it was just regret and anger. That very easily could have been Maddux and I surely would have lost it.

I basically ran into this last year after 3 straight ATG chases, failing on the first two and eventually getting Babe after a lot of gold and other stuff.    Basically the game was never really the same for me after that and why I had to adjust last year.    But yeah I hated feeling that way.   I’m glad you got your guy tho 
    It happens. This isn’t the first time this has happened to me (Ruth and yogi last year give me ptsd). But yeah I think I just need to change my plan. Basically I will only go for atg when I have none of the 2 In the box. It will be hard to do that but I have too. Last weekend sucked, getting 3 Maddux repulls was an absolute kick in the nuts. 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    It happens. This isn’t the first time this has happened to me (Ruth and yogi last year give me ptsd). But yeah I think I just need to change my plan. Basically I will only go for atg when I have none of the 2 In the box. It will be hard to do that but I have too. Last weekend sucked, getting 3 Maddux repulls was an absolute kick in the nuts. 
    I'm in a little different situation, but ultimately same outcome that I need to adjust my approach. As a lower end spender I've always relied on the value of "bulk buys" to allow me to keep up on a budget but with the ATG pull rates my resources have stacked up to the point that I don't need to spend anymore this year and having a big gold stack was less important (i've only pulled Mays of the five so far). However, with the mega guarantee (which is great) I'll have to pivot back to my old bulk buy ways (although I won't need to buy FP anymore). Not super thrilled to have to exercise that level of patience again but it seems to be the obvious play if the mega guarantee is here to stay. 
    The problem is the odds. .5% is not good. And it’s no secret that the algorithm for f2p vs p2p exists
    I’m just one guy but fwiw I chased 3 of the first 5 ATGs hard last year.  Went 1/3 but pulled the other 2 in random boxes so got 3 of the first 5.   This year I’ve relied solely on gifts/cvc and 2-3K a weekend and also pulled 3 of the first 5.   Coincidence maybe but interesting nonetheless 
    CP31 said:
    Wish i could get ATG Ted then i would have the keepers i want for next year  and could quit playing for four months
    If it’s like last year the last month has a ton of keeper options.   If keepers is your goal there’s no need to worry about one guy 
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    The problem is the odds. .5% is not good. And it’s no secret that the algorithm for f2p vs p2p exists
    I’m just one guy but fwiw I chased 3 of the first 5 ATGs hard last year.  Went 1/3 but pulled the other 2 in random boxes so got 3 of the first 5.   This year I’ve relied solely on gifts/cvc and 2-3K a weekend and also pulled 3 of the first 5.   Coincidence maybe but interesting nonetheless 
    2/5 (Mays/Jackie) here but same, both from free boxes. Hoping for Free Ted 😂😂😂
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    If you rarely go through 150k worth of boxes, then obviously, it doesn't do much for you. For volume players, however, it was long overdue. It's not perfect, but it's definitely a step in the right direction.

Semi related, but I absolutely LOVE this version of TBG! He's probably my 2nd fav ATG of all time(1st is the OG Babe in '18). 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    If you rarely go through 150k worth of boxes, then obviously, it doesn't do much for you. For volume players, however, it was long overdue. It's not perfect, but it's definitely a step in the right direction.

Semi related, but I absolutely LOVE this version of TBG! He's probably my 2nd fav ATG of all time(1st is the OG Babe in '18). 
    Nah dude #gluruinedthebabe  #risp

But for real no ATG was as iconic as the 2018 Babe when he first came
  • kbrown7942kbrown7942 Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    Looks like you only have to spend 36000 gold to be guaranteed an ATG buying the Bone Box unless I’m reading it wrong 
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    edited October 2021
    You only get Jay Buhner after 36000 gold not an ATG. Or that is the way I read it. (Updated with a screen shot)
  • kbrown7942kbrown7942 Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    Yep. Thanks. My stupidity for not reading the fine print 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    That Double Prime Jay Buehner though…
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I like that guarantee. If it’s a good legend that’s not bad at all. With that said, double prime skill legend. I wouldn’t level him if I got him for free. 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I like that guarantee. If it’s a good legend that’s not bad at all. With that said, double prime skill legend. I wouldn’t level him if I got him for free. 
    They should have at least made it an Expo/Nat if they were going to go double prime (maybe Larry Walker). That way at least the @DFBB's of the world might be intrigued by his 2000+ hit rating with moments. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    They should have at least made it an Expo/Nat if they were going to go double prime (maybe Larry Walker). That way at least the @DFBB's of the world might be intrigued by his 2000+ hit rating with moments. 
    I don’t do prime games. Nope! 🤣
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • pleeman11pleeman11 Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    edited October 2021
    That Double Prime Jay Buehner though…
    And he's got a rocket for an arm. https://youtu.be/cUwSxqnRW-8
    JTPASTOR said:
    2/5 (Mays/Jackie) here but same, both from free boxes. Hoping for Free Ted 😂😂😂
    Whelp. Got Ted from EB. Then got a re-pull on the FP rewards. 

• samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Go buy a lottery ticket.