Nelson Cruz

13Next

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    JTANDME said:
    Has anyone seen this box in the store? I just stumbled on it. No surprise I got pxp out of it but still was worth a swing for 50k cash  
    I hit the store HARD this weekend and ended up actually pulling Jackie. Also scored 53 Boomstick boxes worth about 1.5mm pxp. My 60+ dinger tickets should cover most or a good portion of my gold spent once I get around to playing them. At 10 gold a refresh better than whatever it used to be…
    No idea if it continues, but I also had a blast with the players shop. I spent hours and hours on it and didn't really play the event much until Sunday. The roi AND fun factor was definitely at the clearance aisle(player's shop)!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yea I hit the player shop hard as well, made out with lots of dinger tickets, bgs, lxp boxes and a few legend repulls. Not as many as I thought tho, with having boosted legend drop rates.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I was hoping people wouldn’t point out how much PXP they got from Cruz repulls because I’d like to see Glu do this again. One of their more player friendly moves in recent years. I stocked up on evo and some LXP while I was refreshing the player shop too. Meanwhile I opened 85 mystery boxes over the weekend and got zero legends. Over 100 last weekend to get one. Don’t think I’ll be spending much gold on those going forward.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited November 2021
    samtheman said:
    I was hoping people wouldn’t point out how much PXP they got from Cruz repulls because I’d like to see Glu do this again. One of their more player friendly moves in recent years. I stocked up on evo and some LXP while I was refreshing the player shop too. Meanwhile I opened 85 mystery boxes over the weekend and got zero legends. Over 100 last weekend to get one. Don’t think I’ll be spending much gold on those going forward.
    I think it is the end of the baseball season clearance time. Imo it usually gets a little easier to pull players because they want people to start thinking about keepers so they can force people to buy bxp in the next version. It is onto 2022 for them now. I saw a quite a few 500 legends and one 520 yesterday evening but I already have higher rated players with better skills in those positions. Definitely clearance aisle savings over the weekend. Probably helped a lot of struggling teams over the weekend that don't have a lot of in game currency. Kudos Glu... Pretty player friendly move.

*One thing to add as the player shop was a big win imo, the multi event itself sucked, PP imo was a horrendous train wreck and WoH their most popular mode seemed more under utilized than normal for these multi events. They need to utilize WoH more to keep us engaged while multipliers are low. PP in it's current form is definitely not the answer. I actually logged off for 4-5 hours Saturday and yesterday because it was horrendously boring the multipliers were low and PP award didn't match the difficulty (I'm not wasting resources, time and energy on a crappy one skilled bxp player) and no WoH.*
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Oh @samtheman... people can't stay quiet. I don't know what it is about it but anytime there is something that is good for the player it is broadcast. With this one though I am not sure it is truly a bad thing. LOTS of gold was dumped into the player shop for those boxes. I personally loved the ATG ones. Did I hit on any, nope, but it was worth the 50k cash shot. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @DFBB - do we know if those boxes have been removed?
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    Earlier today a Professor box was in there but that was before the new woh event started, but at least this morning that one was still in there.
    JTANDME said:
    Oh @samtheman... people can't stay quiet. I don't know what it is about it but anytime there is something that is good for the player it is broadcast. With this one though I am not sure it is truly a bad thing. LOTS of gold was dumped into the player shop for those boxes. I personally loved the ATG ones. Did I hit on any, nope, but it was worth the 50k cash shot. 
    Exactly, I think this was designed on purpose. Whether anyone said anything or not Glu made a killing and designed for players to get resources on the cheap. Will it happen again 🤷... but I don't think anyone saying anything in this instance is going to deter them from doing it again in the future. If anything it was a success for them. They probably needed the positive feedback. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    JTANDME said:
    @DFBB - do we know if those boxes have been removed?
    I think they were removed. :(
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    edited November 2021
    They only make a killing if people buy the gold they use to refresh the player shop.
    edited November 2021
    samtheman said:
    They only make a killing if people buy the gold they use to refresh the player shop.
    Yup, since it wasn't double gold, I think people probably did buy more than usual because psychologically people were made to feel they were getting a good deal, their gold this time went further than normal. I mean picking up an ATG potentially for 10 gold and 50k I mean people will crush that especially teams that are struggling and want to get resources and players cheaply. Now whether it was any cheaper 🤷 but psychologically people were made to believe it and that I have to give Glu credit for that amazing marketing strategy. I think this time it was a blend of good deals for both players and Glu. Would you ever see something like this on double gold, never Glu would lose their rear ends.