VIP discord coming!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
This was mentioned in the newsletter and it'll be interesting to see how things shake out. I expect it to be fairly crowded. 
If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Sounds like another headache, they barely make an appearance in your VIP chat, what makes you think they will show up to this one. Sounds like another gimmick. Prove me wrong.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Sounds like another headache, they barely make an appearance in your VIP chat, what makes you think they will show up to this one. Sounds like another gimmick. Prove me wrong.
    I see it as a way for the community to chat with each other. It’s set up similar to this forum, but chat-based. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    So basically like the asshole chat on LINE? lol
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    It should be more like the forums. I’m not sure why people use the line app. Discord is simply better. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    For me personally, line was a more reliable chat than in game club chat ever was. It was made even more reliable when the decision was made that global is the default chat I see upon logging in. 

DFBB said:
    dkarski87 said:
    It should be more like the forums. I’m not sure why people use the line app. Discord is simply better. 

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    DFBB said:
    dkarski87 said:
    yeah def discord is cleaner and easier
    DFBB said:
    dkarski87 said:
    yeah def discord is cleaner and easier
    The biggest difference is that the line app isn’t suited for groups(no admins, less control, etc). 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Is there stickers?
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    JTANDME said:
    For me personally, line was a more reliable chat than in game club chat ever was. It was made even more reliable when the decision was made that global is the default chat I see upon logging in. 

DFBB said:
    dkarski87 said:

I can't stand the in game chat. It's way too clumsy and the main reason I seeked out a 3rd party chat(line app) a few years ago.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I think it will be a good tool, won’t be for everyone but it looks like it will have a lot for most people to do, various areas to discuss and chat. 
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    the discord will be helpful with the amount of people in it someone will probably post what is behind this $20 mystery deals in the store that keep popping up in the store
    YardGoats said:
    the discord will be helpful with the amount of people in it someone will probably post what is behind this $20 mystery deals in the store that keep popping up in the store
    Among other things, it'll be very informative. There will be multiple channels(groups) that you can easily toggle in and out of. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Just got off the phone with @TyroneEastwood, and he’s agreed to be the discord moderator from 9pm to 5am. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Just got off the phone with @TyroneEastwood, and he’s agreed to be the discord moderator from 9pm to 5am. 
    Is @TyroneEastwood willing to come out of the closet and admit that EW is just one of his many screen names?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    Is there stickers?
    To the delight (and dismay) for many of you, yes.