Moments Guide!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
edited January 2022 in General TSB Discussion
The Moments screen can be found by clicking on 'team,' 'upgrades,' and 'moments.' Once you buy/open some Moments boxes, equipping them will be self explanatory when you're at the Moments screen. They're the most powerful tool that tsb has ever introduced. They add a layer of strategy and when multiple moments are in play, can be a fun wrinkle in an otherwise cookie-cutter TSB world. 

Moments range from level 1 to level 5. The higher the level, the higher the boost. Each time you pull a duplicate Moment, you get 'points' towards the next Moments level. Once you hit the various thresholds for the next level, you can level them with blue cash at the Moments screen. If your Moments are already level 5 and you get duplicates, you'll receive a token amount of blue cash or gold.

Here are some Moments tidbits:

-Moments that help with skills(most of the 'basic'/bronze moments) stack with skills. The Cleveland Indians gives 30% to WoH for any Cleveland batter. My Kenny Lofton has skills at 30/30. With the Cleveland Moments equipped, my boost will be: 1.3(1.3)(1.3)=119.7%. If an xfactor is equipped, it would also stack accordingly. 

-Moments that help with club points will boost points for your entire team. There is a 'moments multiplier' section that stacks with all other multipliers(tiers, accolades/events), which can create huge scores. In the example below, I have six players(Taylor and five pitchers) that triggered a 50% Moments boost to the Moments multiplier. 1.5(50% boost) to the 6th power(number of players that triggered the boost)=11.39 towards my Moments multiplier. 

-In order for the club bonus moments to trigger, the player must score bonus points. One of the first things I look at is the team bonus for the event. If the Braves are a team RBI bonus, for example, I know that all the Braves righty OFers(Hank Moments) will trigger their moments boost. This makes otherwise useless players worth keeping. Obviously, if the player themselves are a bonus, I look for a corresponding Moments boost. 

-Moments can be very specific so it's important to read the details. If a Moments is for a 1b Lefty on the Yankees(Gehrig Moments), for example, then only 1b lefty Yankees that score bonus points will trigger the Moments boost. 

-Switch hitters will work with righty specific batters, but NOT with lefty specific bats. For example, the Max3k moments are for righty bats and switch hitting Dodgers will work(as well as rightys, of course). The Babe moments are for lefty OF, but swich hitting OFs will NOT work.

-ML(created legend) will work with moments. Simply change your favorite team accordingly.

-New moments are generally introduced on Fridays and most will get shuffled in the 'regular' moments box with previously released moments.

-A few non VIPs have reportedly been jailed for scoring 2+bill points/game. Hope to get this sorted soon, but worth sharing for the time being. 

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them. Please keep all comments specific to moments. If you want to vent about 'xyz,' we have other threads. 

Moments Teams/Skills:

Basic:

Angels, Dbacks=vs lhp(caps at 22%)
A's, Marlins, Reds=tourney games(caps at 30%)
Astros, Cubs=1st pitch(caps at 24%)
Blue Jays=club points when bonus pts are scored(caps at 22%); think of it like a pick'em bonus
Braves, Giants, Yankees=RISP(caps at 22%)
Brewers, Nats=prime games(caps at 24%)
Cards, Rockies, Wsox=close game(caps at 24%
Dodgers=bonus games(caps at 30%)
Indians, Mariners, Twins=WoH(caps at 30%)
Mets, Rsox, Royals =late innings(caps at 24%);works in woh
Orioles, Rangers=2 outs(caps at 24%)
Padres, Phillies=cvc(caps at 30%)
Pirates, Rays, Tigers=first 3 innings(caps at 30%); also works in cvc

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Another great @dfbb post!  Thanks
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Great thread Alex! My question is how did you manage to get 5 pitchers in one game? MoMents is definitely an untapped resource that will take some time for peeps to figure out the best way to use them. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Great thread Alex! My question is how did you manage to get 5 pitchers in one game? MoMents is definitely an untapped resource that will take some time for peeps to figure out the best way to use them. 
    I just tanked my starters(b10, I think) and leveled my 'pen a bit(g10-ish)
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited November 2021
    I would love to get into the moment craze, the only problem is being mostly F2P with the exception of buying the global challenge specials, I'm afraid of getting the right combo and scoring an unimaginable amount of points and getting jailed for it. That's the only thing that's holding me back.
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Very informative post!

I wish they would allow you the option to buy extra “slots” to use additional moments. 

The same way you can buy extra slots for Franchise Players. 

• gcardeygcardey Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    I would love to get into the moment craze, the only problem is being mostly F2P with the exception of buying the global challenge specials, I'm afraid of getting the right combo and scoring an unimaginable amount of points and getting jailed for it. That's the only thing that's holding me back.
    I am currently jailed.  Apparently for scoring too many points last Friday and Saturday.  (not that CS will tell you what you are jailed for)
    I don't think it is a coincidence that Friday was the first weekend that I went after Moments, for Ruth and Gehrig.
    I had a whopping 1.44 Moments Multiplier for them!!!
    And currently jailed.  Not cool.
    I don't know the specifics, but I sent in a similar concern last night. 
    If I’m not mistaken the moments do not work with franchise players
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:
    They work if they fit the criteria. For example, the franchise Acuna works today if you have the Hank moments. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Very informative they need to lean heavier on actual players to get info out that they (glu) can’t seem to explain. 
    Again appreciate the info.  But it’s still meh for me 😑 
    DFBB said:
    whynot said:
    They work if they fit the criteria. For example, the franchise Acuna works today if you have the Hank moments. 
    Thanks.  Thought I tried it a few weeks ago and it didn’t work, obviously I was having a moment of my own
    - Blueleopard
  • DantemavericksDantemavericks Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    Great info @DFFB.So if I have the Yogi World Series Win Moment, will that work with Posada who is a switch hitter or only lefty catchers?
    Never fight a man with a perm
    edited December 2021
    Great info @DFFB.So if I have the Yogi World Series Win Moment, will that work with Posada who is a switch hitter or only lefty catchers?
    Lefty specific moments won’t work for switch hitters. Even if they did, keep in mind that the bonus points must be scored in order for the moments to be triggered. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Yeah, as always @DFBB another great thread! I am waiting and hoping to see if they fix the jailing associated with scoring to many points with not being a big spender. I tell you just using them for WoH specific players gives extended life to likes of J-RAM and Marsh and makes Baylor a lefty killer. So yes I would love to explore them more but extremely hesitant.
  • MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    Take all the other crap out of the moments boxes. Spend more gold trying to pull moments then pulling the actual player.
    Mulderken said:
    Take all the other crap out of the moments boxes. Spend more gold trying to pull moments then pulling the actual player.
    This has been brought up numerous times in the council/dev chats. We're still at an average of about 25k-ish to cap both moments so I guess it is what it is. 
  • suckasetsuckaset Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    With the Kaline moment today - If I have it fully capped, and have 5 Det batters in my lineup, I should be getting higher than a 3.38 multiplier right? The moment is for Det Batter R or L. Even when all 5 score bonus points, Turner (Jackie moment 40%), and Ruth Moment (Capped), I'm still only getting 3.38x. Feels like it should be more like with the Cardinals moment.
    edited December 2021
    suckaset said:
    With the Kaline moment today - If I have it fully capped, and have 5 Det batters in my lineup, I should be getting higher than a 3.38 multiplier right? The moment is for Det Batter R or L. Even when all 5 score bonus points, Turner (Jackie moment 40%), and Ruth Moment (Capped), I'm still only getting 3.38x. Feels like it should be more like with the Cardinals moment.
    Unfortunately, the det moments cap at 10% per batter(terrible imo) so they hold very little value. 3.38 is correct and here's the math:

1.1 to the 5th power(your 5 det bats)(1.4-jackie)(1.5-babe)=3.38
  • suckasetsuckaset Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    DFBB said:
    suckaset said:
    Unfortunately, the det moments cap at 10% per batter(terrible imo) so they hold very little value. 3.38 is correct and here's the math:

1.1 to the 5th power(your 5 det bats)(1.4-jackie)(1.5-babe)=3.38
    Tricky...I should have read more carefully before I went crazy to cap it. Thanks DFBB
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Any chance Glu changes Baez’s pennants to Tigers?  He’s got the Mr. Tiger graphic, it’s a Tigers weekend, and the moments are for Tigers hitters. Seems like a no brainer, if you’re going to charge customers $5 for someone so far behind the curve.  
    Metsicans said:
    Any chance Glu changes Baez’s pennants to Tigers?  He’s got the Mr. Tiger graphic, it’s a Tigers weekend, and the moments are for Tigers hitters. Seems like a no brainer, if you’re going to charge customers $5 for someone so far behind the curve.  
    It's my understanding that he's going to remain a Met, but I guess things could always change. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Metsicans said:
    It's my understanding that he's going to remain a Met, but I guess things could always change. 
    It’s so dumb. It’d be one thing if they said that Baez was a Cub at the start of the year so he has to remain a Cub. But they already changed Baez to a Met. Now he’s a Tiger. So it’s just laziness not to change him again….
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    It’s so dumb. It’d be one thing if they said that Baez was a Cub at the start of the year so he has to remain a Cub. But they already changed Baez to a Met. Now he’s a Tiger. So it’s just laziness not to change him again….
    Yup, it’s inconsistent too. Barnhart is a Tiger despite never having played a game for them yet (just like Baez).
  • DirectFXDirectFX Registered Users 110 Posts
    Has there been any discussion on adding the ability to trade in moments we don’t want/use similar to xfactor skills you can get cash or gold back ??? Moments menu just getting full takes me forever skip thru the unwanted ones 
    DirectFX said:
    Has there been any discussion on adding the ability to trade in moments we don’t want/use similar to xfactor skills you can get cash or gold back ??? Moments menu just getting full takes me forever skip thru the unwanted ones 
    I agree that it's becoming a bit of a nuisance, but I haven't heard anything regarding that option. They're listed in alphabetical order, but yeah....I remember thinking, 'filter' button? What do I need this for.... 🤣
  • Taknadump111Taknadump111 Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    Would my Cardinals 17 game win moment work with Ozzie Smith this weekend?
    Would my Cardinals 17 game win moment work with Ozzie Smith this weekend?
    Yes.
  • Taknadump111Taknadump111 Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    Thanks for the help sir!
  • DirectFXDirectFX Registered Users 110 Posts
    Any moments that work with extra bases? Tried play some manual today with regular non bonus point boosts to see if get higher extra bases rounds but doesn’t seem to change. Unlike WoH where u can see the percentage boost there’s no way to confirm moments are active in extra bases so I was wondering if devs ever said a yes or no ? 
    edited December 2021
    DirectFX said:
    Any moments that work with extra bases? Tried play some manual today with regular non bonus point boosts to see if get higher extra bases rounds but doesn’t seem to change. Unlike WoH where u can see the percentage boost there’s no way to confirm moments are active in extra bases so I was wondering if devs ever said a yes or no ? 
    Early innings and 'CvC' are the Moments to target for EB(cvc version).