Using data to watch videos for gold

kbrown7942kbrown7942 Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
When using data to watch videos for gold the amount of data I use varies immensely. Some days each video uses about one MB while others days each video uses four MB. Does anyone know why this happens and is there a way to rectify this. Thanks 

Comments

• DirectFXDirectFX Registered Users 110 Posts
    Just a guess but probably cause the videos/ads vary ? Some are quick 15 second ones then have longer 35-45 second ones so guess they take different amounts then there are the long videos that also have a playable game and I would think they would be the high data ones. Not 100% sure as not cpu geek but seems the varying length and content would lead to differing amounts of data? 
  • kbrown7942kbrown7942 Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    It doesn’t matter what the length of each video is . I had thought about that and started keeping track of the length of the videos vs the data used
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
     W i f i.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • kbrown7942kbrown7942 Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    edited December 2021
    I wish I could. I don’t have access where I’m using data 
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    edited December 2021
    Why wouldn’t it just be differences in the size of the video files, regardless of time length?
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I'm curious why it matters and why you started tracking this. I can't figure it out 😵‍💫
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I'm curious why it matters and why you started tracking this. I can't figure it out 😵‍💫
    Yeah, seems like there could be a better use of time...like playing this game🙄
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    My guess is that he doesn’t have unlimited data on his phone and his work wifi won’t let him connect to TSB. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited December 2021
    I guess that would sense. My brain must've forgot the days of not unlimited data - even though it's really not THAT long ago I was buying prepaid minute cards 🤮
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    DFBB said:
    My guess is that he doesn’t have unlimited data on his phone and his work wifi won’t let him connect to TSB. 
    Mifi...My work is the same so I got that🤷... But I also have unlimited data for phone through my job as well. Mifi does a little better job though because it's through a different carrier then my phone's data plan. 
    Pre-Paid burner iphone?
  • rtjrnatrtjrnat Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    I'm guessing there's some caching of video ads locally on the phone. Especially given how often video ads are repeated. I doubt it downloads each one fresh every time. So if you get a lot of repeats, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't eat up a lot of data
    I mean you can upgrade to unlimited data even on cricket. go down the dude on the corner you bought it from an axe him.