Options

EB and CVC

hqly2001hqly2001 Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
I have mainly maxed out prime players and d-5 -7 atg or legends but i score really low pts in EB and CVC. I do better in bash one but horrid in the cvc. Besides all maxed legends or atg, i can’t believe maxed prime with maxed skills doesn’t seem to matter much.  Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited December 2021
    Only use capped players(to your tier). Ideally, you have cvc friendly skills leveled and use the appropriate moments. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    Only use capped players(to your tier). Ideally, you have cvc friendly skills leveled and use the appropriate moments. 
    I have.. 7 prime capped starters and two atg 550 rated not yet capped but i still get low scored very often. Use moments for boasts too.
  • Options
    Does cvc xfactor work in eb?
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    7 prime starters are all behind the top curve, and uncapped atgs are as well. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    hqly2001 said:
    Does cvc xfactor work in eb?
    Yes, but again, I can't stress moments enough. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Yes, they behind top curve but not scrubs. I get it. But for them to score less than 100 pts or use 7-10 tries to get 100k seems a bit harsh. I’m not gonna spend millions and hundreds of gold coins to try for 5mm.. but i’d expect the team to perform much better.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    hqly2001 said:
    Yes, they behind top curve but not scrubs. I get it. But for them to score less than 100 pts or use 7-10 tries to get 100k seems a bit harsh. I’m not gonna spend millions and hundreds of gold coins to try for 5mm.. but i’d expect the team to perform much better.
    Are you using CVC x factors? What do your upgrades and pennants look like? Do you have any guys with CVC team moments? Do you have the CVC pickem patch? Last question for CVC - are you using bonus players that are leveled?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited December 2021
    hqly2001 said:
    Are you using CVC x factors? What do your upgrades and pennants look like? Do you have any guys with CVC team moments? Do you have the CVC pickem patch? Last question for CVC - are you using bonus players that are leveled?
    Pennants and upgrades do matter some what and most of the times but not all the times I go without bonus players, I haven't prioritize pennants or upgrades at all this year and still score really well. All my legends and ATG's are maxed gold and skills are leveled up to 22/22 and using x factors and some moments but I usually don't fool around with moments unless they benefit more than one player but the key I think is the skills. I will put in my 2x HH's 2x blowout, 2x RoB's,  and other skills and skill combos that are CvC, EB friendly.  Still at end of the day maxing your player and leveling your players skills and knowing how to best use your player's skills is still the best way to be successful not at just this mode but in the whole game everything else is just lip service imo.

Also one more thing the boosts don't put much weight in those either, I believe when you boost your team for CvC it nerfs your score, I always score better without the boosts then with the boosts.
  • Options
    Pennants and upgrades do matter some what and most of the times but not all the times I go without bonus players, I haven't prioritize pennants or upgrades at all this year and still score really well. All my legends and ATG's are maxed gold and skills are leveled up to 22/22 and using x factors and some moments but I usually don't fool around with moments unless they benefit more than one player but the key I think is the skills. I will put in my 2x HH's 2x blowout, 2x RoB's,  and other skills and skill combos that are CvC, EB friendly.  Still at end of the day maxing your player and leveling your players skills and knowing how to best use your player's skills is still the best way to be successful not at just this mode but in the whole game everything else is just lip service imo.

Also one more thing the boosts don't put much weight in those either, I believe when you boost your team for CvC it nerfs your score, I always score better without the boosts then with the boosts.
    For sure. If it's EB then I'll autoplay the first round just to see which arm the pitcher throws with, then I'll adjust my lineup accordingly and play until I hit the 25m mark or if I feel froggy I'll shoot for first (depends on what's in the boxes and if I have the patience to blow through a bagillion entries). CVC definitely requires some work in order to score, though not as much work to score what OP is looking for. Players with skills that work for CVC are pretty crucial, and having some bonus guys goes a long way. First things first - just upgrade your roster. Plain and simple. 

If you don't have XP falling out of your Pujol, save it until you can cap a legend at the curve (or at least take him to d8/9 and hope for a repull) rather than spreading a little bit here and a little bit there. Having four or five capped legends would be more beneficial than a few uncapped ATG's so long as those legends are 560+ overall (obviously new guys at 600 for now). Getting those skills up are essential, but the RIGHT skills for CVC even more so. Having a capped legend with double Late Innings skills capped isn't going to help CVC at all as they aren't active for CVC. A guy with blowout/hot hitter and a CVC x factor, however, will have no issues getting his hits. 

Primes aren't exactly useless in CVC, especially the guys that have CVC skills. Let's take Cedric Mullins from this past weekend as an example. He's a 560 overall, but he has double CVC skills and let's say he has an 11 CVC xfactor. Those CVC skills give a 45% boost each. That 560 overall Mullins with a 652 hit rating at D10 bumps up to a 1,521 hit rating thanks to the capped skills and x factor in this scenario. 

TLDR; there is a lot that goes into CVC, it isn't just about having guys somewhere in diamond that does the trick. 
  • Options
    jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I think at this stage it's really about stacking players with good cvc skills on teams with cvc/moments, that 30% boost is just yuge (Tigers, Rays, Pirates, Phillies, Padres). Currently my EB lineup is 2 Pirates, 3 Tigers, 3 Padres and my average EB sim is around 1M even with 5 of my 9 being 500-540 primes. I was also lucky enough to find double cvc 520 Trent Grisham in the player shop who likely won't leave my EB lineup the rest of the year (30/30 capped at tier 2 with 30% moments boost as well). In general, my entire EB lineup is triple boosted (both skills and moments) by the 2nd time through the lineup (when BO and HH kick in).

One other general piece of advice when evaluating your cvc/eb lineup is to always focus on improving your weakest link. The key to good EB scores isn't having amazing players, it's more about not having any liabilities in your lineup that eat up outs.