WOH 1/10/22

navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
Can you say “Babe Slayer”? Not too bad if you’re in need for a catcher and a WOH  closer and haven’t invested in moments.

Comments

• jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Yea, if it's Brewers like the box he's worthless. If it's Cubs he'll be great for WOH, although T2 skills is a bummer. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
     I would love another catcher but not with that skill set and I don't really need a Babe slayer, that job is relegated to Mr. Baylor. I'll still stick with Mr. Boone since his skills are better for CvC and EB. It's a really  nice reward though. Back when WoH was relevant I would be all over that.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Yea, if it's Brewers like the box he's worthless. If it's Cubs he'll be great for WOH, although T2 skills is a bummer. 
    I know a lot of the top tier teams won’t like him much because he doesn’t have the right moments, but for a lower or middle of the pack Diamond or Platinum team, I still think he’d be valuable in WOH capped. Although, if you’re already able to cycle WOH at Plat or Diam, maybe you don’t NEED him.
    I may have missed some early level ones, but the later rounds are accurate.

I know a lot of the top tier teams won’t like him much because he doesn’t have the right moments, but for a lower or middle of the pack Diamond or Platinum team, I still think he’d be valuable in WOH capped. Although, if you’re already able to cycle WOH at Plat or Diam, maybe you don’t NEED him.
    I hear you. He's basically a slight upgrade on the Stanky reward from a few weeks ago. If you need early/mid round sim depth, they can serve a role. 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    I went all in on Speier a few weeks ago to make sure I could beat the Babe. But I did use Stanky with mixed results previous to that. So an upgrade on Stanky will be valuable to a lot of people who are not consistently beating WOH.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    With a team that’s only 5 weeks old and no valuable woh moments/player combo this is a somewhat attractive woh reward. Plus I’m sure that some newer players that are still learning the game are excited to get him 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    a 580 with tier 2 skills isn't exactly a "babe killer" imo. Sundberg capped with skills capped at 20 gives him a 970 hit rating before any x factors or boosts are involved. Looking at even someone like the 560 prime Willy Adames in today's boxes with a 652 hit rating capped with skills NOT capped but taken to 22 (stop when it hits gold) gives him the same 970 hit rating before x factors or boosts. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I can’t see me leveling him. I wouldn’t call him a Babe slayer either and Schmidt can do the job even though he starts out with no active skills. Sunberg is a nice option if you don’t have anything better. If he had 2xwoh 3 tier skill I would have leveled him instantly 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    I can’t see me leveling him. I wouldn’t call him a Babe slayer either and Schmidt can do the job even though he starts out with no active skills. Sunberg is a nice option if you don’t have anything better. If he had 2xwoh 3 tier skill I would have leveled him instantly 
    Those Tier 2 players are just not good at all. Sure, great for Royale woh, but I definitely wouldn’t have him in my late roster on a Monday. I’m sure you can get by Ruth with him, but there’s just better options.  As a diamond player, I try to at least double my pitchers rating. I don’t know what it’s like at Silver/gold/platinum. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Keeper Davey 20/20 with only a 12% Moments has been a Ruth slayer for me. Even Rosen at 15/15 with Indians Moments after BO wears off has been great. But today I used Mantle, 22/22 with Yankees Moments and WOW! We all had this HH/HH discussion last year about Hank and WOH usefulness but I haven’t changed my mind. That skill set works very well in WOH for me.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited January 2022
    2003cobra said:
    Those Tier 2 players are just not good at all. Sure, great for Royale woh, but I definitely wouldn’t have him in my late roster on a Monday. I’m sure you can get by Ruth with him, but there’s just better options.  As a diamond player, I try to at least double my pitchers rating. I don’t know what it’s like at Silver/gold/platinum. 

I cycled the hell out of weekend Royale WoH a couple weeks back when 540 Seager (w/level 2 skills RHP/RISP) was the reward. I needed the PXP but also with Seattle moments (+30% during WoH) capped he is a goddamn beast. I use him now to sim 5.7 on Monday but for a couple weeks used him at both 5.8 or 5.9 various weeks with no boost (13woh xfactor) and he got nothing but fast straight pitches despite there being no 'Great Matchup' displayed. Moments are integral in keeping low level players from immediately turning into pumpkins after an event.

FYI, legends aren't even needed anymore. I use keeper Brett @5.8, ML @5.9 as Seattle and 560 Bogaerts from New Year's box at 5.10 and relative moments. No boosts needed and I never lose, only straight fast pitches too.

Edit: also, for fun

edited January 2022
    ..didnt mean to post twice
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

I cycled the hell out of weekend Royale WoH a couple weeks back when 540 Seager (w/level 2 skills RHP/RISP) was the reward. I needed the PXP but also with Seattle moments (+30% during WoH) capped he is a goddamn beast. I use him now to sim 5.7 on Monday but for a couple weeks used him at both 5.8 or 5.9 various weeks with no boost (13woh xfactor) and he got nothing but fast straight pitches despite there being no 'Great Matchup' displayed. Moments are integral in keeping low level players from immediately turning into pumpkins after an event.

FYI, legends aren't even needed anymore. I use keeper Brett @5.8, ML @5.9 as Seattle and 560 Bogaerts from New Year's box at 5.10 and relative moments. No boosts needed and I never lose, only straight fast pitches too.

Like Cubs said, you can do it with such guys but there are many better options. The woh moments you speak of make yesterday's Sundberg just much less significant. His skills are essentially for WOH only, and with tier 2 skills and no woh moments he's out performed by 560 primes (and even lower with woh moments). 

I'm not necessarily complaining about the reward, it is what it is - free lxp.

How about those points from Hornsby yesterday with cards and Hornsby moments, though? Dude was scoring the limit LOL
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

Very nice! I close with that Bogaerts too. He's probably made 4 or 5 outs total in 25 or so attempts vs. Babe the last two Mondays. 

Like Cubs said, you can do it with such guys but there are many better options. The woh moments you speak of make yesterday's Sundberg just much less significant. His skills are essentially for WOH only, and with tier 2 skills and no woh moments he's out performed by 560 primes (and even lower with woh moments). 

I'm not necessarily complaining about the reward, it is what it is - free lxp.

How about those points from Hornsby yesterday with cards and Hornsby moments, though? Dude was scoring the limit LOL

Oh yeah, for sure. I wish Sundberg would have been Cubs for once (first pitch moments) which would have then been closer material. Every now and then the stars align though so long as you pay attention and make decisions based on moments you can find some gems. The FR Longoria from last week, for instance...2x fp and with Giants moments is great addition for a tourney lineup even with just tier 2 skills.

I didn’t realize HOW far behind in the game I am right now. That’ll happen when you first start playing in late November. 🤦‍♂️ 
    I didn’t realize HOW far behind in the game I am right now. That’ll happen when you first start playing in late November. 🤦‍♂️ 

First of all, @navyjack77 good to see you. Second, I didn't go diamond until first or second weekend of December. WoH and keeping an eye on weekend primes for players w/discount, WoH specific moments are easy ways to build up quickly. Don't neglect the tourney box players to start either. Pitching doesn't matter this year so don't chase any.
    Thanks @dustyhunks. Good to see you too.
    @navyjack77 Kepler in today's WoH would be perfect for you, +30% with Twins moments for Monday.
    @navyjack77 Kepler in today's WoH would be perfect for you, +30% with Twins moments for Monday.
    If I only had the Twins moments @dustyhunks. 😂