Options

LL, specials only

ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
edited January 2022 in General TSB Discussion
I don't know about this one, on onehand I can use him for CvC most definitely but on the other you can only use him for CvC. Just me, but if I'm going to drop $50 on this game for a player especially a LL, I would want  it to be more useful for other modes as well.

Comments

• Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    It’s designed for the players who will spend whatever to compete. Smart timing on their part because there’s only one ATG bonus bat this weekend.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    There is a cvc gauntlet it looks like.    This is kinda the purpose of it which makes sense.   If you are serious about competing in the gauntlet or about always competing in cvc regardless then $50 is likely just a drop in the bucket.
    Its not for me but its a smart move that I completely understand tbh
  • Options
    There is a cvc gauntlet it looks like.    This is kinda the purpose of it which makes sense.   If you are serious about competing in the gauntlet or about always competing in cvc regardless then $50 is likely just a drop in the bucket.
    I get it, but like you said it's not for me either. If I spend real money on a player it'll have to serve more than one purpose.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I get it, but like you said it's not for me either. If I spend real money on a player it'll have to serve more than one purpose.
    Yea def, the true bummer is if you are a more casual player but also a Posey/Giants fan.   I still remember 3 years ago buying an Edgar Martinez only to find out he was later in a WOH box  :s
  • Options
    Yea def, the true bummer is if you are a more casual player but also a Posey/Giants fan.   I still remember 3 years ago buying an Edgar Martinez only to find out he was later in a WOH box  :s
    As it turns out I got Benintendi from the first crusher gift box and also nabbed Baines from one of the 3 2500 fan rewards boxes. So I am good, would love to have Posey but don't need him.
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I really wish he would receive bumps like ATG's
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited January 2022
    I don’t get it. Any C or DH I have for CvC has 2 skills always active (mostly) and a 30% CvC Moments boost. Posey has no CvC Moments boost. $50 for this one weekend only? I’ll do fine without him. @samtheman and @Mattattack nailed it. Not meant for players like me.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    I don’t get it. Any C or DH I have for CvC has 2 skills always active (mostly) and a 30% CvC Moments boost. Posey has no CvC Moments boost. $50 for this one weekend only? I’ll do fine without him. @samtheman and @Mattattack nailed it. Not meant for players like me.
    Cvc skills boost 45%, not 30%. So the same as a 620 with two 30% skills AND 30% moment 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    tshea510 said:
    Cvc skills boost 45%, not 30%. So the same as a 620 with two 30% skills AND 30% moment 
    Hmmm....dang if he wasn't such a one trick pony... I know that the Giants moments are exactly ideal but one has to think at least 3/4 of the time there should be RISP when he comes around to bat each time. It's definitely got my wheels a turning.....
  • Options
    tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    Hmmm....dang if he wasn't such a one trick pony... I know that the Giants moments are exactly ideal but one has to think at least 3/4 of the time there should be RISP when he comes around to bat each time. It's definitely got my wheels a turning.....
    Just send me the $50 instead, I’ll put it to good use 😎
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    It is interesting they took something we asked for LL’s to add a spark to the game late.. and Ruined it. Turned it into another squeeze. I mean I get it.. it’s a about profit. But not sure when it’s enough for them? 21 is done. Instead of using this to possibly engage all players they just bait the hook for the big fish. $$
  • Options
    tshea510 said:
    tshea510 said:
    Just send me the $50 instead, I’ll put it to good use 😎
    😂, Only said wheels are turning...it was fleeting idea that I entertained.... I'm moved on to more realistic things, like which beach house to rent at the OBX 😂