Trouble logging in

grannygatorgrannygator Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
I had used an account on Tap for years and then earlier this year, I ran into issues and could not get it to work.  I created a new account and new username and everything was great for several months.  About a month ago, I had to reset my tablet.  When I attempted to login to Tap 21, the old account popped up. I tried everything I could to login into the account I had set up earlier this year and nothing I did worked.  I contacted CS and they said to just reset the password and everything should work.  It doesn't work!  I have deleted the app numerous times and tried everything and I can't login to my account, it just defaults back to my old account.  Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?  Thanks!
Prev1

Comments

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited December 2021
    Take it as a blessing, say a proverbial handwriting on the wall to walk away from this trap house they call a game. But if you must continue to feed the addiction continue open tickets until you find a CS agent that will be more helpful, they are out there, they are just far few and in between.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Did you save your ‘main’ account? If so, follow these steps. 

1.settings(upper left corner) 
    2.under ‘back up your account’ click on ‘email’ or Facebook 
    3. scroll down if need be and click on ‘login to existing account.’

if you forgot your pw, click on ‘forgot pw’ and follow the prompts. 

If you didn’t save your ‘main’ account, then I’m not sure if it’s retrievable. CS would be your best option if that’s the case. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • grannygatorgrannygator Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Thanks DFBB.  Yes, I have tried that.  I have reset the password and then when I attempt to login with the new password, I receive the error "Invalid Password".  It is so strange.  
    Also, any idea as to why when I completely delete the app from my tablet and reinstall it that it automatically reverts to my old account without allowing me to login to an account?  
    Thanks DFBB.  Yes, I have tried that.  I have reset the password and then when I attempt to login with the new password, I receive the error "Invalid Password".  It is so strange.  
    Also, any idea as to why when I completely delete the app from my tablet and reinstall it that it automatically reverts to my old account without allowing me to login to an account?  
    It's because your old account isn't tied to an email/fb. 
    I have decided to give up on my new team and just use my old team.  I had my club kick out my new team and send an invitation to my old team to join the club.  When I clicked Join, it says the club doesn't exist.  How is that possible?!
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Do you meet the minimum requirements?
    What are the minimum requirements?  My old team was part of the club in the past and didn't have any problems.  
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Do you meet the minimum requirements?
    Unless something changed min requirements don’t come into play of your invited.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    What are the minimum requirements?  My old team was part of the club in the past and didn't have any problems.  
    Stars and team strength 
    We set the club to open to the public with the least requirements and I still could not join the club.  I also can't send private messages.  I can receive them, but I can't send them.  

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Possibly your jailed???
    How do you find out if the team is jailed?  How do you get out of jail?
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    How do you find out if the team is jailed?  How do you get out of jail?
    If you do not see any club points (they disappear) and/or cannot post on your Club’s chat, I believe.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Or can’t post in global chat
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    or can't get loyalty points in club

Any idea on how to fix it or get unjailed?  
    Open a ticket with CS
    Thanks Cobra.  I sent them a message via the game almost 2 days ago and have yet to receive a response.  Fingers crossed I can get a competent person to respond and help me.
    CS said they believe I modded or rooted my device or am using an emulator!  I have no idea how to do that!!  I am using an old Samsung Galazy A8.  They said because of this, they have banned my team.  How do I fix this?  It doesn't make any sense.  
    cs says a lot of things that aren’t true. Leave the game. That’s how you fix it. 
  • DETROITCITYCLUBDETROITCITYCLUB Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    I'm currently able to play the game but Glu won't count my points toward my club's total points. They completely removed my points from my club on saturday night, which were significant and cost my club rewards in the event. I am still able to play the game but my points are not counting toward the club. When the club wins, I get rewards, but I can't contribute. CS has had this for 2 days now and will not get back to me with a solution. Has anyone else had this issue? All I've done is try to play the game. 
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    I'm currently able to play the game but Glu won't count my points toward my club's total points. They completely removed my points from my club on saturday night, which were significant and cost my club rewards in the event. I am still able to play the game but my points are not counting toward the club. When the club wins, I get rewards, but I can't contribute. CS has had this for 2 days now and will not get back to me with a solution. Has anyone else had this issue? All I've done is try to play the game. 
    @DETROITCITYCLUB you're in jail/suspended. If you're not VIP and score more than 2 billion points in a game, you will get jailed automatically. Not sure if that's your exact situation or not
    Glu has told me there is nothing they can do to take me out of jail.  This is terrible.  
    cb11 said:
    @DETROITCITYCLUB you're in jail/suspended. If you're not VIP and score more than 2 billion points in a game, you will get jailed automatically. Not sure if that's your exact situation or not
    Yes, and the only reason I scored like that is because I used what GLU gave us in the app- moments- to increase the multipliers. That's it. They are the technology company. If they can't figure out who is cheating and who is not, I don't know what to say. This is completely ridiculous. 
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    Yes, and the only reason I scored like that is because I used what GLU gave us in the app- moments- to increase the multipliers. That's it. They are the technology company. If they can't figure out who is cheating and who is not, I don't know what to say. This is completely ridiculous. 
    It's awful. At this point, with the lack of acknowledgment by Glu, despite the almost universal awareness of the issue in the app and on the forums...you have to think it's more intentional...
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    cb11 said:
    It's awful. At this point, with the lack of acknowledgment by Glu, despite the almost universal awareness of the issue in the app and on the forums...you have to think it's more intentional...
    I saw a post about a week ago that was tagged in one of my Line Chats. It was from Blueleopard on the FB site. He basically said the majority of these complaints are coming from people who have purchased a team from another user and were getting wrongfully jailed. Everyone knows that swapping teams goes against the companys’ T and C’s. However, we have a pretty tight knit community, and that’s not the major issue. It’s incomprehensible how ignorant of a comment that is. It’s non VIP teams that are getting punished. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited January 2022
     Everyone knows that swapping teams goes against the companys’ T and C’s. . 
    I saw that tirade as well, I believe it was on discord. What's interesting is the terms and conditions don't even ban the exchange of teams, it just says you have to have the permission of both the original user AND Glu... How the hell do you get permission from Glu? I have no idea, but it certainly makes it sound like they are okay with it as long as it's one of their buddies. Everyone else deserves to be "permabanned." 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    I've never traded accounts or used someone else's account. It's been my own for 4 years. I am at a loss.
    edited January 2022
    cb11 said:
    I saw a post about a week ago that was tagged in one of my Line Chats. It was from Blueleopard on the FB site. He basically said the majority of these complaints are coming from people who have purchased a team from another user and were getting wrongfully jailed. Everyone knows that swapping teams goes against the companys’ T and C’s. However, we have a pretty tight knit community, and that’s not the major issue. It’s incomprehensible how ignorant of a comment that is. It’s non VIP teams that are getting punished. 
    The comments you're referencing is unrelated to the non-vip jailings.