Who would you like to see as an ATG

BondsisanATGBondsisanATG Registered Users, Member 32 Posts

Who would you like to see as an ATG 41 votes

Barry Bonds
31%
hotspoiler187gNarNarMetsicansDFBBpleeman11ihuffglumythicaldragon25Jackiergh001rhashyhqly2001DodgersSFSBondsisanATG 13 votes
Roger Clemons
0%
Randy Johnson
0%
Ken Griffey Jr.
65%
Itsouttahere2Dantemaverickssnowy24wbloganagroyal07ZaneJ78navyjack77Punkers777buddydaveJCAM80sullipa8mastodonrocksxracmanretirepujolsFrankTheTank04YardGoatsjmsorioles33spotjerrye23TimidDeuce 27 votes
Pedro Martinez
2%
toddgurley30 1 vote

Comments

• BondsisanATGBondsisanATG Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    Barry Bonds
    sorry about Clemens misspelling 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Ken Griffey Jr.
    The Ultimate Warrior, he was amazing for a year... but if I have to choose from that list I'll only go with Griffey Jr.
    Just no.  
  • DODGERSYANKSDOADODGERSYANKSDOA Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    Bonds- absolutely!
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    If Bonds is an ATG will he be able to throw out Sid Bream pulling a U Haul behind him at home plate. I hear Bonds did other things in his career, but that’s all this Pirates fan can seem to remember. 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Ken Griffey Jr.
    Griffey. The rest of them are just a collection of pricks.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Ken Griffey Jr.
    Ichiro was a Legend in ‘19 and we haven’t seen him since. Would love to see an Ichiro ATG. 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Pete Rose
    Barry Bonds
    Base15 said:
    If Bonds is an ATG will he be able to throw out Sid Bream pulling a U Haul behind him at home plate. I hear Bonds did other things in his career, but that’s all this Pirates fan can seem to remember. 
    I saw him play at Olympic Stadium the year after that World Series and I heckled him about that between innings the next inning he hit the longest home run l ever saw. I guarantee his failures in that series probably bothered him the most in his career. He probably won’t be elected to the Hall and that will be an absolute shame 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    These guys are not in the game for a reason but obviously gimmie the Kid if I had to choose.

Sometimes I pretend Sr. is Jr. just to make myself happy
  • hqly2001hqly2001 Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    Barry Bonds
    These guys are not in the game for a reason but obviously gimmie the Kid if I had to choose.

Why isn’t junior in the game? What is his reason?
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Base15 said:
    I saw him play at Olympic Stadium the year after that World Series and I heckled him about that between innings the next inning he hit the longest home run l ever saw. I guarantee his failures in that series probably bothered him the most in his career. He probably won’t be elected to the Hall and that will be an absolute shame 

I hope people come to their senses and get it done today. He was already a HoF'er before late 90's/2000's drama. if it doesn't happen the traditional way I don't see it as an obstacle when he is eligible to be voted in the way Lee Smith and Baines were.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    hqly2001 said:

Why isn’t junior in the game? What is his reason?
    What I think it is is that all active MLB players are in the licensing pool and retired players may opt out. The original PA pooled licensing deal was with Topps for baseball cards. I doubt that the retired players we are discussing have left the MLBPA given that they are eligible for lifetime pensions and health benefits. They just want to be able to negotiate their own deals and my guess would be not share a portion of their revenue with the PA as well.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Ken Griffey Jr.
    Not Orel Hershiser
  • winitagainwinitagain Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Pete Rose
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    Anyone that bats left handed
    Barry Bonds

Clearly people have not come to their senses but at least A- Rod didn’t get in despite all the PR he’s been doing 
  • agroyal07agroyal07 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Ken Griffey Jr.
    A player they already have the rights to use in the game - George Brett
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    agroyal07 said:
    A player they already have the rights to use in the game - George Brett
    I like this one.